"cuteness" :D | INFJ Forum

"cuteness" :D

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what's cute?

What's your definition or description of cute? Whether in relation to person, object, scene, etc.

When is it a pro and a con to be "cute"?

Just a fun topic :m155:

Cuteness is my kryptonite =\

1813051167_f6a4652b3f.jpg

easterbunnywithstuffedimposter.jpg

z199034804.jpg

awesomeness.jpg

pic_10008552_0533142.jpg

This is cuuuuute

Reactions: acd and starshine
Truly subjective I'd say. And, I am taking the thread topic to be more than just something physically cute? I'll add I think geeky phrases, tangents, discussions and the like are darn cute. Meeting a fellow geek just gives me warm fuzzies inside.

The physical attraction to someone that develops after intelligence has been confirmed.

Haha like starshine said. It's a matter of perspective. Like what I find cute in girls is; when they just wake up, there hair is messy, just wearing their pj's and have no make up. *sigh* It's just so cute to me.

I only use the term in reference to people that are attractive but not sexy, usually accompanied by certain types of outfits.

When the first description that comes to mind is 'cute', other things such as 'professional' or 'formidable' do not come to mind.

My working definition for other people's idea of cute involves things such as what Royal posted, especially the young animals.
---
Actually, now that I think about it, it makes no sense to have a separate definition from the general use of the term. I think, perhaps, it would be more accurate to say that I do not find cute things attractive? Hmmm...

Last edited:
I rarely use the word cute when referring to adults. Personally, I hate being referred to as cute because it makes me feel like I am in the same category as puppies, kittens, and babies. Plus, it just sounds obnoxious.

Baby animals (baby everything - young creatures are supposed to be cute... even little baby snakes :))
Outfits, like baggy jumpers.
Passion about hobbies/likes.
Little decorative things, like tiny flowers.

Animals! I love animals, like pandas and cats and stuff - soooooo cute <3
Men look cute in certain shirts and women look cute in jumpers and both are cute with glasses.
Relationship wise probably them getting excited about something I don't understand.
Oh and random tiny things, like teeny pencils and teeny jam jars and teeny decorations for a dolls house!:mhula:

People overusing "cute" to describe objects should be bludgeoned to death.
I use it to describe inedible -or cannibalistically/obscenely edible- objects and beings I'd want to bite into.

So, what's cute?
A subjective quality pretty much. I tend to think everyone has a cute quality about them somewhere in their looks/personality.
What's your definition or description of cute? Whether in relation to person, object, scene, etc.

I tend to define it as behaviors that seem to stem from childhood emotions or interests, or even purely generally good human ones. A person showing extreme concern after someone has fallen and rushing to take care of him/her could be seen as cute in my eyes.
When is it a pro and a con to be "cute"?

Just a fun topic :m155:
There's no pro or con pretty much. Everyone has a quality or two pretty much.

I rarely use the word cute when referring to adults. Personally, I hate being referred to as cute because it makes me feel like I am in the same category as puppies, kittens, and babies. Plus, it just sounds obnoxious.

+1. Kinda hard to take cute things seriously. If someone finds me cute, which i doubt they do :D, i would have a hard time being around them for long.

But besides that, cute stuff are fun. Especially if they give you *clean* warm fuzzies inside i guess.

I think, perhaps, it would be more accurate to say that I do not find cute things attractive? Hmmm...

Kinda agree.

Cute is what you tell somebody they are when you dont find them attractive but dont want to come off insulting.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I'm noticing a trend of people saying that cute = not romantically/sexually attractive. This is definitely not the case for me if I say someone is cute. It depends entirely on context. Obviously if I say a sea otter is cute, I am not physically attracted to it. It is just cute.

Also, as silly as I feel for admitting this haha...I feel kind of funny saying someone is "handsome". I don't know, it seems so mature and refined and that just sounds weird to me coming out of my mouth. So I would rather say cute. Using cute in this case, definitely means I am attracted. I call my husband cute all the time. I did make sure to ask him ahead of time if it bothered him though, I would've made an effort not to use it if it did. But when I say he is cute, it definitely doesn't mean "I'm just saying you are cute so I don't hurt your feelings because I don't find you attractive". I think he's a total stud. Cute to my ears sounds less cheesy than my other options. But I can see why it would bug someone. I should really get over my irrational fear of words. Or grow up. :p

Perhaps the clarification would be that for most cute doesn't denote serious, adult type attractions? Cute always reminds me of baby animals too. If I say some person is cute it usually does denote a lack of actual attraction but usually based on the fact that I don't know them since the personal connection is important. Cute is a step below attractive for me though.

Never say it to a girl... then she thinks she's downright ugly... it was the majority of what people said about me.

I call ugly girls other words that are ambiguos enough to keep me out of trouble and their feelings intact.

I only use cute when talking about clothes, kids, old people, and animals.