crisis averted | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

crisis averted

I'm pretty sure it actually is possible to do that. It's just to cut spending, if I understand this budget business correctly.

This is the theory the GOP will have you hear and it's based on trickle down economics. As I understand it, the argument goes as...

1. Cut taxes
2. Lower taxes increase wealth in Americans/ the size of the "pie" (this is vague and I don't understand how exactly this is supposed to work but I presume it's that we'll have more money to invest in private jobs and firms).
3. The lower tax rate will be made up by the extra wealth made. (ie 10% of 100 is less than 8% of 150).

But, this doesn't work because the tax breaks are biggest at the top and the people up there hold on to it instead of spend. Remember, rich people are usually smarter with their money and are good at it (not talking frugality smart, I mean interest rates and stuff).

This is a form of cutting spending, in a way, to the GOP. I think. But cutting taxes without paying for it is spending.

Cutting spending alone would make a dent but it could be small. Where would you cut? Medicare, SS, the Military? It all has to go to do anything significant. But nobody has the balls to actually cut these programs. And honestly, they shouldn't be cut (with the gross exception of the military).

It's not that spending is out of control. But there are two problems with our spending. 1. It's largely unpaid for (not subjective) and 2. is not being spent in the right places (kinda subjective)

how should we posture ourselves?

We shall posture ourselves thusly,

yoga%20pose.jpg

would you like me to pry your eyes open for you, or will you open them up yourself?

take an honest look at the world you live in and you'll understand where I am coming from.

we can usually only discuss solutions to problems once we recognize the problems

when we stop living in denial, we will realize the power we have to change our situation for the better

reality is, we are connected
our relating to each other does matter

we've got to be kind

At this point I don't think you are kind, at least not to some people of those who chose to post in your thread.

I didn't ask for prying of my eyes, my eyes are fine, thank you, both physically and metaphorically.

I was interested to hear what you have to say, and expected of you to say something specific being that this is your thread. You are behaving as if you are the only one with eyes wide open, and there is no need for specifics because you are going to discuss things only with people who presumably have their eyes open in the same fashion, and are seeing what you see.

At first I thought I might be wrong, and actually wanted to participate in this discussion, because from a point of view of someone who works in industry, I have a lot to say about environmental problems. Other members are right, you don't want your beliefs and whatever it is that you see, questioned.

I'm one of the people who are concerned and am interested in seeking solutions for problems I or others identified, while working in previous company I actually learned a lot and worked on some issues concerning pollution, but what I'm not interested in is having a discussion with people who use empty words and think they have the right to patronize me or anyone else. And your reply to me was in that fashion.

Seeing what kind of discussion you have had in mind, and being that I'm not interested to participate in that type of discussion, I won't bother you again with my presence in your thread.

Reactions: grt$5vb and Edith
I don't know how to deal with you.
I can only take this opportunity to learn.
You would be served well to do the same.

Are you perfect? Have you figured it all out?
Where is your proof? Where are your reasonable statements?

From my perspective, you seem so eager to be right, but you don't care to be kind or helpful.

I'm interested in truth. I don't see the same interest expressed in you.

Best of luck to you on your path.
I hope you can someday realize a better way.

Come back to this thread when you can tame that ego.

Learn to respect yourself, you may then respect others as yourself.

We gotta learn the way of love. Life depends on it.

Of course I don't think I'm perfect, but I'm afraid the only thing I've learned is to steer clear from people like you.

fyi, I not trying to convince you of anything, but my integrity doesn't allow me to let someone deceive others with falsehoods like you did when you spoke about Fukishima, and I post to clear them up, whenever I'm reasonably sure I'm right. That's being helpful.

Respect and kindness are to be earned. I won't be responding to the nonsense directed at me anymore, you can villanize me all you wish in your mind and enjoy your moral high ground.

Reactions: grt$5vb
At this point I don't think you are kind, at least not to some people of those who chose to post in your thread.

I didn't ask for prying of my eyes, my eyes are fine, thank you, both physically and metaphorically.

I was interested to hear what you have to say, and expected of you to say something specific being that this is your thread. You are behaving as if you are the only one with eyes wide open, and there is no need for specifics because you are going to discuss things only with people who presumably have their eyes open in the same fashion, and are seeing what you see.

At first I thought I might be wrong, and actually wanted to participate in this discussion, because from a point of view of someone who works in industry, I have a lot to say about environmental problems. Other members are right, you don't want your beliefs and whatever it is that you see, questioned.

I'm one of the people who are concerned and am interested in seeking solutions for problems I or others identified, while working in previous company I actually learned a lot and worked on some issues concerning pollution, but what I'm not interested in is having a discussion with people who use empty words and think they have the right to patronize me or anyone else. And your reply to me was in that fashion.

Seeing what kind of discussion you have had in mind, and being that I'm not interested to participate in that type of discussion, I won't bother you again with my presence in your thread.

I hope you will accept my apology.
I misunderstood your previous post.
Unfortunately, I lost my cool. I was over-heating.
My language was too strong. I did not mean to be insulting.
I do struggle to communicate. It doesn't help when I am stressed or angry.

If you have an experience or insight please don't hesitate to share!

[MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION]
we are just perceiving different sources of information
I am sorry that our interaction ever created tension

honestly, I never sensed respect or kindness coming from you in the first place...
you seemed to think I was all about fear mongering and spreading false information

the nature of my responses to you have been somewhat defensive as a result.
no one likes to be antagonized.

regardless, it was wrong of me to respond in a vengeful way

from my point of view, we need to be collectively deciding to do something different...
this world is filled with human beings living their lives so separate from nature, myself included

I think the whole mass of humanity on earth is essentially disoriented
this is what I see...

Civilizations come and go... history is repeated until we learn the lessons and level-up.

Should I let go of the idea that it is possible to influence others in a positive way?
This is the only solution I can currently see available to us.
If we would only work to help each other instead of hurt each other, this world would be a vastly different place.

Or are we here to fight? Is this just all about fighting?

I can see how negative influences keep us living in fear.
Fear works to separate us from each other.
Also, people are often selfish and lazy.
They don't like to do the work.

I just wonder if there is any solution to the problems we face.
The problem seems to be inherent in human nature.
Perhaps it is in human nature to self-destruct...
or perhaps our true nature is quite different, and we have only been fooled/disoriented.

If only humanity could just upgrade it's software and behave differently...

I suppose the only action I can take is to be the best I can possibly be.
I'd like to help others but I've got to help myself first.

For some reason I tend to think that helping myself should include giving help to others... but I'm not going to force it.

I am beginning to realize that I am never served well by arguing.

I do believe that our actions affect each other,
but my actions affect me first and only I am responsible for myself.

Let's have some peace.
My hope is for people to realize the power of love.
I am not afraid of death. It's this living part that has me confused.

This is why I wanted to discuss the times.
I'm not really sure what to do next, considering the rough road ahead.

I guess we can only keep on moving and take it as it comes.

The annoying part for me is seeing how we only invest in future suffering when we ignore the problems we have in front of us.