Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

But those same voters tend to have more money and better health care to start with. The bulk of the virus will hit those with already existing conditions.

TBH, the mortality rate of this so far seems to be around 2%ish. That's not bad. (I say that with a pang of sadness) It could be looked at as mother nature's way of cleaning out the sick and frail. Don't think of me as being cold as I'm in that group. That's how the religious groups will see it, that's how the republicans will see it, in my opinion.

I really don't want to find out who's version comes to pass.

Nah it will hit the old really bad. Even good health insurance won't cover if there literally isn't enough vaccine to go around (which there isn't right now).

And you don't need to have pre-existing conditions to die from it. It won't help, but a diabetic has better chances of survival than a 70 year old.

Also babies. That will really worry when hospitals have a huge amount of infant mortality.

When good Christians start dying in equal numbers the Republicans will pay attention.

Nah it will hit the old really bad. Even good health insurance won't cover if there literally isn't enough vaccine to go around (which there isn't right now).

And you don't need to have pre-existing conditions to die from it. It won't help, but a diabetic has better chances of survival than a 70 year old.

Also babies. That will really worry when hospitals have a huge amount of infant mortality.

When good Christians start dying in equal numbers the Republicans will pay attention.

This virus is not impacting children like it is the older age groups. Hardest hit are of course the elderly.

Oh, and:

upload_2020-3-1_15-52-56.png

If the prognosis is accurate and the major hit is going to be on the old white Republicans why is anyone complaining? That solves any number of your problems.

Reactions: MoonFlier
If the prognosis is accurate and the major hit is going to be on the old white Republicans why is anyone complaining? That solves any number of your problems.

Its not a good idea to treat political enenmies as sub-human. That's Nazi and Soviet territory.

Doesn't matter if the other side tries to dehumanise you, never do that or you have no moral high ground.

A death, Republican or Democrat is a bad thing because it is a human death. All death should be mourned and avoided if possible.

This s a very hard topic to bring humor to, but I appreciate the attempt. Indeed it would be nice to have a democrat back in office just to bring the country back to some resemblance of balance.

Half my family is comprised of old white republicans. Many people walk the line between R&D, as I do. I certainly don't wish ill on any of them, or neighbors, or coworkers, or anyone.

Its not a good idea to treat political enenmies as sub-human. That's Nazi and Soviet territory.

Doesn't matter if the other side tries to dehumanise you, never do that or you have no moral high ground.

A death, Republican or Democrat is a bad thing because it is a human death. All death should be mourned and avoided if possible.
Be that as it may that is not universally shared sentiment on this list. As gets posted semi-regularly.

Reactions: ReasonEnduring
This s a very hard topic to bring humor to, but I appreciate the attempt. Indeed it would be nice to have a democrat back in office just to bring the country back to some resemblance of balance.

Half my family is comprised of old white republicans. Many people walk the line between R&D, as I do. I certainly don't wish ill on any of them, or neighbors, or coworkers, or anyone.
1. Thank you. 2. I don't know that I was going for the humor angle. Most people (including myself) don't really want death to others however, that does get posted on here rather routinely.

So now you can explain to me why Republicans NOT caring for dying "non-Christians" is the moral high ground to asking if Republicans dying wouldn't solve Democrats problems?

Larry

So now you can explain to me why Republicans NOT caring for dying "non-Christians" is the moral high ground to asking if Republicans dying wouldn't solve Democrats problems?

Larry

Calm yourself lad. Not a Democrat or Republican mate. No dog in this fight.

But a political party cares about its voter base. There is a huge Evangalist Republican base so they will pay attention to Christian deaths.

Not saying they won't care about non-Christian deaths but its a party calculus.

Same as why many Dem candidates push African American issues to the front. Its seeking votes.

Nah Republicans will get sick same as Dems. Infact possibly more since considerably more Republicans and their voters are over 60...

The President and Republicans will see this a massive threat and dump as miuch money into fighting it as possible.

hmmmmmm so....it is alright if you suggest that Republicans don't care if Democrats die but, it is amoral for me to ask what problem dying Republicans create for Democrats?

Trump won 49% of the vote ( I did not research this) but I find it hard to believe that 60 plus is a demographic that is 49% of the population.

Trump also won Michigan and Wisconsin (to name 2) that would have required Democrat votes........those states are not 51% Republican.

Calm yourself lad. Not a Democrat or Republican mate. No dog in this fight.

But a political party cares about its voter base. There is a huge Evangalist Republican base so they will pay attention to Christian deaths.

Not saying they won't care about non-Christian deaths but its a party calculus.

Same as why many Dem candidates push African American issues to the front. Its seeking votes.
Like everything now, that you are in Amerika, you can believe whatever you want. Another alternative could be that old white Republicans COULD care about ALL people's well being.

hmmmmmm so....it is alright if you suggest that Republicans don't care if Democrats die but, it is amoral for me to ask what problem dying Republicans create for Democrats?

Trump won 49% of the vote ( I did not research this) but I find it hard to believe that 60 plus is a demographic that is 49% of the population.

Trump also won Michigan and Wisconsin (to name 2) that would have required Democrat votes........those states are not 51% Republican.

Someone's looking for a fight where there isn't one.

If you think every Republican Senator or Congressman is a saint I have a bridge to sell you. Some of them genuninely don't care about dying Democrat voters, its not good for their career. Same with some Dems and Republican voters.

Not all, but I never said all, so you can stop with your strawman.

Someone saying "Republicans dying is good for the Dems" is not equivalent as saying "Some politicians won't care unless their voting block dies"

One is about the character of politicians, the other is a sweeping statement about those who vote for a political party.

Like everything now, that you are in Amerika, you can believe whatever you want. Another alternative could be that old white Republicans COULD care about ALL people's well being.

I could believe what I wanted in England as well... America is our child of Liberty not the other way around...

But they don't. Speaking from personal experience avoiding fights with family.
So you will maintain that the human species, ALL (or any one part) of the human species is incapable of caring that anyone/somone is dying? I think just to mention the obvious Ghandi and Sister Theresea might take exception to that premise.

So you will maintain that the human species, ALL (or any one part) of the human species is incapable of caring that anyone/somone is dying? I think just to mention the obvious Ghandi and Sister Theresea might take exception to that premise.

Theresa is not a good example mate if you look at her history.

ANYWHO.... I hate political discussions. Back to the COVID-19 virus outbreak:

I think it's important that we not let media send incorrect messages to people to push whatever agenda they have. I've seen some places saying that this virus is transmitted via fecal matter, others saying it's airborn. The fact is that the experts are not yet sure.

I am used to going to the CDC for all my current data, but they're only as good as what they're allowed to post and the data given to them. For example, Massachusetts will often be one of the last locations to get out of the red zone for the flu every year according to them. That's not because the flu is worse here than other locations, that's because other locations have stopped reporting. It skews the perception. Also I have to remind myself that the CDC is very much a government entity. We've seen entire websites blasted off the web because the current administration doesn't like the data.

I don't see any reason for anyone to panic over this virus. Panic sets in when the news outlets push it for higher ratings. We see it happen all the time with news forecasts. Something as simple as the first snow of the season is treated like a blizzard. Proper preventive measures, a calm, cool head and perhaps extra cleaning in areas that are heavily utilized may be all we really need.

Last edited:
Not all. Never all.

I'm saying there are some, particularly apparent in that old generation that was raised in the 1940s who really don't give 2 cents is someone is dying if they're not in "their group". Yes, I'm talking about racism here. This is not the place to discuss this though. Another thread for it would be fine.

Someone's looking for a fight where there isn't one.

If you think every Republican Senator or Congressman is a saint I have a bridge to sell you. Some of them genuninely don't care about dying Democrat voters, its not good for their career. Same with some Dems and Republican voters.

Not all, but I never said all, so you can stop with your strawman.

Someone saying "Republicans dying is good for the Dems" is not equivalent as saying "Some politicians won't care unless their voting block dies"

One is about the character of politicians, the other is a sweeping statement about those who vote for a political party.

Actually I am NOT looking for a fight because on this list I lose that fight EVERY time (I may be new but I am not stupid). No what I am attempting to do for those with an open enough mind set is try and point out that putting ALL Republicans or ALL Democrats in the same wheel barrow is a very bad idea. That there are folks on here that want to deal with in stereotypes of Republicans as old white people with a lot of money is just foolish. And as MY experience has shown (and this is rather universal) once someone on the left feels compromised then the labeling/name calling starts. No, I am neither a Nazi (leftist organization) or a Communist (an even further left organization)

And the reason for the "lad"? I don't know how that gets defined in England but I can't imagine for a second that I would qualify.