Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

No offense to those who are frightened or freaking out, but I honestly can’t see myself getting scared about this illness. Media is over-hyping this as usual and well...you need fear for profit.

Hence why I linked the previous video since Dr. Seheult educates and informs regarding the virus rather than cause extreme panic.

And reminder: the COVID-19 is in the same category as the common cold. Lemme repeat that again: the COMMON COLD.

I could see how this “would” possibly instill fear considering it is novel, but the survival rate is high and we will survive this.

Obviously there is worry for those whom are elderly and have already a compromised immune system or illness, but this virus is nowhere too different from like I said... the common cold.

Many people will be affected, but this isn’t some deadly virus comparable to the Black Plague or freaking Ebola.

No offense to those who are frightened or freaking out, but I honestly can’t see myself getting scared about this illness. Media is over-hyping this as usual and well...you need fear for profit.

Hence why I linked the previous video since Dr. Seheult educates and informs regarding the virus rather than cause extreme panic.

And reminder: the COVID-19 is in the same category as the common cold. Lemme repeat that again: the COMMON COLD.

I could see how this “would” possibly instill fear considering it is novel, but the survival rate is high and we will survive this.

Obviously there is worry for those whom are elderly and have already a compromised immune system or illness, but this virus is nowhere too different from like I said... the common cold.

Many people will be affected, but this isn’t some deadly virus comparable to the Black Plague or freaking Ebola.

This is a common sentiment with westerners to have a Strong positivity/optimism bias to downplay and sugar coat things only to panic after the fact which is why so many people waited to the last second before emptying the shelves. This bias goes full darwin award when they are putting all their faith in the MSM and big government for absolutely everything even when the said government clearly doesn't have the resources it needs for proper handling of the situation plus episodes like this only happen on this scale once a century sometimes longer.

Reactions: Asa
This is a common sentiment with westerners to have a Strong positivity/optimism bias to downplay and sugar coat things only to panic after the fact which is why so many people waited to the last second before emptying the shelves. This bias goes full darwin award when they are putting all their faith in the MSM and big government for absolutely everything even when the said government clearly doesn't have the resources it needs for proper handling of the situation plus episodes like this only happen on this scale once a century sometimes longer.

The last thing people need is more stress, which defeats the purpose on letting the body heal and recover from the illness, and allowing the immune system to fight off antigens.

And you’re more susceptible to getting the virus much more severely if you are in a deep state of stress and panic.

So spreading panic is absolutely not necessary. Be informed, be prepared and educated—but don’t make this bigger than it really should be. And read and get your information from credible scientists, researchers and doctors rather than mainstream media who are known to over-exaggerate and falsify information.

Well, as someone with autoimmune issues, Wutan ain't nothin to fuck wit. But stirring panic isn't helpful either. I'm concerned and taking steps to prepare for the worst but still have to go about daily life. But I'm not going out to eat until this thing passes or other big social events. Wouldn't be going on a cruise anytime soon. The worst is just not knowing. Is this a bfd or really just a bad cold? (It's killing a lot of people for it to be a bad cold.)
Sure, could be worse. Could be Ebola. But Ebola makes you much sicker much faster so I think that *might* be easier to contain. But with Covid-19, you're contagious without having symptoms.

My daughter hit up a convention last weekend. Last night she came down with 103 fever and painful cough. No other symptoms, not even achy just can't breathe. She set up an appointment for this morning at the doctor's office. They saw her, said they had no testing kits, but suspected Corona after she mentioned she had gone into Boston over the weekend. Not pneumonia thankfully. Just sterilizing the crap out of the house and keeping her away from me (however I drove.)

The fact that they're not testing makes me wonder if they've just given up controlling this or if our doctor's office is lazy.

I'm not going to worry. Not hitting up stores and all that. If we need anything other than meds I'll have it delivered or do pickup where they load the car for me. Even meds are a drive through and I know better than to pass off anything.

Don't read too far into it...lol

View attachment 64426

They're using the holy water to bless the crap out of those nursing homes.

The fact that they're not testing makes me wonder if they've just given up controlling this or if our doctor's office is lazy
The report from a nurse at the hospital, directly to my ear, is that the corona-man in Indianapolis was at a convention in Boston. Developed fever and cough, went to hospital, Dr said, "It's Corona..." and sent the man to a hotel to self isolate. Hahaha! A hotel! So everyone from out of town can take it home with them! Makes no sense. Indiana... Murica... Yay!

listening to science Friday this morning. . there are about 200 confirmed cases, , that we are ill prepared to monitor the outbreak. our government is lying..straight up

I will take exception to the notion that we are over reacting. I have a friend with COPD who is vacationing in Las Vegas. covid -19 has been traced to Vegas. .she is at higher risk due to age and per-existing condition. So alerting her about the illness is not over reacting, it's keeping her safe

The report from a nurse at the hospital, directly to my ear, is that the corona-man in Indianapolis was at a convention in Boston. Developed fever and cough, went to hospital, Dr said, "It's Corona..." and sent the man to a hotel to self isolate. Hahaha! A hotel! So everyone from out of town can take it home with them! Makes no sense. Indiana... Murica... Yay!
Just told my daughter. She rolled her eyes and said "of course", she stayed 2 nights in Boston in a hotel. From what I've read these people, particularly the TN person were all Biogen, but some of them may have stayed for PAX East - it's a huge event and they were revealing new games.

listening to science Friday this morning. . there are about 200 confirmed cases, , that we are ill prepared to monitor the outbreak. our government is lying..straight up
From what I've seen just today with my daughter, that number is dead wrong. We most likely have far more than 200 people infected with this as we're only testing people who go to the ER. That's leaving out thousands of people who are sick and just fight it off on their own or hit up the local walk in/Dr office.

Word is that in my area no one has the test kits outside of CDC and ERs. Meanwhile in South Korea:

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/south-korea-creates-drive-through-testing-station-for-coronavirus/

Last edited:

88286601_550351255612490_455858586027819008_n.png

It is important for those who have compromised immune systems to know and take precautions. I'm a little suspicious of ordering packages and having guests from the city over because I do get sick more easily than I used to and it hits me harder. It is worse for the elderly and people with serious chronic conditions who get seriously ill most easily.

Are you kidding?

Just told my daughter. She rolled her eyes and said "of course", she stayed 2 nights in Boston in a hotel. From what I've read these people, particularly the TN person were all Biogen, but some of them may have stayed for PAX East - it's a huge event and they were revealing new games.

I got an invite to PAX from my old gaming teacher. Hahaha. I'm glad I didn't go.

More importantly, I hope your daughter recovers quickly and is soon well. I hope you don't catch it, either.

A friend mentioned that when you wake up you should raise your hands above your head, take a deep breath, and hold it for ten seconds. If you can't hold your breath, or cough after, it is a sign of a possible respiratory infection. Doing this will catch the illness earlier.
Thoughts?
My thought: Whether this is true or not, it doesn't hurt to do it.

Also, if you have any thin, cotton gloves you can use strong hand moisturizer, and then put the gloves on and sleep with them on. It will nourish your skin and keep your hands from cracking from being washed frequently. Cracked skin isn't great for resisting infections. :)

Last edited: