Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Just FYI...
I receive notifications from SAA, the Spondylitis Association of America, and they recently sent out info about Covid-19 and how it would impact those with AS or similar conditions.
Anyhow, while reading there was a very interesting tidbit I thought I would share :

People who are HLA-B27 positive demonstrate increased natural immunity toward a number of viral infections, such as HIV-1, hepatitis C and influenza, although whether this natural immunity carries over to coronavirus has not been studied.
~ SAA’s Medical and Scientific Advisory Board, Dr. John Reveille

HLA-B27 is the gene responsible for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, as well as ulcerative colitis and other fun things.
Many people of european descent carry this gene, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get any of those conditions - though people with those conditions almost always have the HLA-B27 gene.

So if you have any family members with rheumatoid arthritis or similar, you may have added immunity to Covid-19...it's too soon to tell for sure, but I thought I would share that will you all anyhow.

I actually had no idea that there was any added immunity - but that makes some sense as it is an overactive portion of the immune system that sets these things off.
Plus I never got sick when all my colleagues would be hacking and coughing at work, lol.

Interesting nonetheless.

Love to you all!
Don't fret!
:<3white:

The report from a nurse at the hospital, directly to my ear, is that the corona-man in Indianapolis was at a convention in Boston. Developed fever and cough, went to hospital, Dr said, "It's Corona..." and sent the man to a hotel to self isolate. Hahaha! A hotel! So everyone from out of town can take it home with them! Makes no sense. Indiana... Murica... Yay!
Aren't most flu cases of the Corona Virus? The craze now is about COVID-19. I really think we should all just survive it. I haven't heard of healthy individuals dying because of this strain. It often killed the weak. It's lethal only to immuno-compromised patients. Maybe this is nature's way of Hitlerizing the world to leave it with only the healthy ones.

Ayayayay. Smh, Milk, SMH.

I don't know why it should be less of a big deal that only the sick and elderly are dying. Like that doesn't matter or affect us all.
Well it does but I also don't see why it's raising panic like hell. I mean vigilance is one thing. Excessive anxiety about it is another.

Last edited:
Ayayayay. Smh, Milk, SMH.

Well it does but I also don't see why it's raising panic like hell.

People should not panic but a healthy person catching it can easily spread it to an immunocompromised or medically fragile person. It's kind of strange to me that people are comforted by the thought that only the elderly and medically fragile may die. And I'm just seeing that sentiment everywhere.. online, on TV, the radio. But I'm kind of frustrated by how badly my country has dropped the ball on this. We were quarantining people for 2 weeks who traveled to countries with cases of infection, but not people on cruise ships with infected.. and now there was a case near me in a major city of a special education aide being diagnosed after being on a cruise with active infection. And she works with medically fragile kids. We still don't even have the testing kits out there. The CDC screwed up on who to test and not test. It's a mess. Should have been taken more seriously.

Last edited:
From my POV, I think the panic is causing it to spread more horrendously. Vigilance is one thing but excessive reactions are also another. Travel bans for one are silly. The world is connected. That is the age now. Lock downs are just foolish.
People should not panic but a healthy person catching it can easily spread it to an immunocompromised or medically fragile person. It's kind of strange to me that people are comforted by the thought that only the elderly and medically fragile may die. And I'm just seeing that sentiment everywhere.. online, on TV, the radio. But I'm kind of frustrated by how badly my country has dropped the ball on this. We were quarantining people for 2 weeks who traveled to countries with cases of infection, but not people on cruise ships with infected.. and now there was a case near me in a major city of a special education aide being diagnosed. And she works with medically fragile kids.
Maybe it's because I've been susceptible to it since its outbreak and maybe because I live with elderlies and they stayed healthy that I am not so alarmed anymore. I used to be. Very much. I even contemplated not having classes to spare my students of any untoward spreading. One comment that struck me though is that this is no longer about steering clear of it. It is apparent that it's only a matter of time before the entire world catches it. rather than putting cities on lock downs, I think our best option is to stick with good hygiene to slow down its spread and to amp up on immunity boosting efforts. Finding the patient is wasting time. staying healthy is ideal.

By the way, there has been a local case in my city now and the patient doesn't even have travel history. This virus is hard to trace because it continues to evolve. We should eat up on seaweed and horse radish and miso soup.

Quarantines are good. They slow down the spread. Lock downs are silly because cities these days are reliant on a global network to survive. Quarantines provide control. Travel bans create more leaks. Rather than disallowing people to enter, people should be allowed to enter through a very guided and secure channel so as to narrow it down better. The world is porous. Travel bans will only make travellers look for other ways to enter cities unnoticed. The political damages of travel bans may also be lasting. Economies will be affected. I think rather than blocking each other off, countries and cities are better off cooperating so as to minimize the collateral damage. Some countries like mine are fully incapable of quarantines and so it resorts to travel bans. I say good luck. Again, it's only a matter of time. This will stay. When it hit China, it has never been just China's problem. It's ours. That's the downside of global connectivity. When it hit China, it hit all of us. China is the biggest economy right now. Its exports are necessities. Locking China down will only starve or maim the rest of the world and make it more susceptible to the virus. The same applies for other affected countries.

Last edited:
From my POV, I think the panic is causing it to spread more horrendously. Vigilance is one thing but excessive reactions are also another. Travel bans for one are silly. The world is connected. That is the age now. Lock downs are just foolish.

Maybe it's because I've been susceptible to it since its outbreak and maybe because I live with elderlies and they stayed healthy that I am not so alarmed anymore. I used to be. Very much. I even contemplated not having classes to spare my students of any untoward spreading. One comment that struck me though is that this is no longer about steering clear of it. It is apparent that it's only a matter of time before the entire world catches it. rather than putting cities on lock downs, I think our best option is to stick with good hygiene to slow down its spread and to amp up on immunity boosting efforts. Finding the patient is wasting time. staying healthy is ideal.

Can't stop it. Can only slow it so that hospitals don't become overwhelmed attending to those needing care. I'm not really sure how you'd slow it down. Maybe have everyone stay at home for 2 weeks? But that will have a huge economic impact. You can tell people to cover coughs and sneezes and wash their hands but you know people are just going to screw that up. I was at the store yesterday watching a guy cough all over the cereal.

People should not panic but a healthy person catching it can easily spread it to an immunocompromised or medically fragile person. It's kind of strange to me that people are comforted by the thought that only the elderly and medically fragile may die. And I'm just seeing that sentiment everywhere.. online, on TV, the radio. But I'm kind of frustrated by how badly my country has dropped the ball on this. We were quarantining people for 2 weeks who traveled to countries with cases of infection, but not people on cruise ships with infected.. and now there was a case near me in a major city of a special education aide being diagnosed after being on a cruise with active infection. And she works with medically fragile kids. We still don't even have the testing kits out there. The CDC screwed up on who to test and not test. It's a mess. Should have been taken more seriously.
Don't worry, Mike Pence is praying it away...who needs test kits?
Didn't Trump mention that we would have a million or more people tested by yesterday?
lmao
We have clowns running the show - more concerned with the stock market and how the economic hit will affect their reelection.
:m025:

Can't stop it. Can only slow it so that hospitals don't become overwhelmed attending to those needing care. I'm not really sure how you'd slow it down. Maybe have everyone stay at home for 2 weeks? But that will have a huge economic impact. You can tell people to cover coughs and sneezes and wash their hands but you know people are just going to screw that up. I was at the store yesterday watching a guy cough all over the cereal.
There, right there. Vigilance. That guy was clearly a noob. I was in Vietnam last month and this tourist coughed right into my nape. anyway, the virus cannot stand warm temps at least 37 degrees. Its incubation period is still unknown. People should take warm baths daily. Masks are stupid because people touch their face masks relentlessly. These things have to be changed every 4 hours or else they become virus bombs. And where to dispose them too? It creates problems. It is best to deploy healthy food and massive amounts of vitamin C. Manuka honey. Eat ginger tea. Eat garlic loaded food. Slice onions. Take warm baths and wash hands with soap regularly. These run miles of prevention.

Don't worry, Mike Pence is praying it away...who needs test kits?
Didn't Trump mention that we would have a million or more people tested by yesterday?
lmao
We have clowns running the show - more concerned with the stock market and how the economic hit will affect their reelection.
:m025:

64ZjeB5.jpg

LMAO

"So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better," - Trump on Hannity

Followed by...

"I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work. This is just more Fake News and disinformation put out by the Democrats, in particular MSDNC. Comcast covers the CoronaVirus situation horribly, only looking to do harm to the incredible & successful effort being made!"— Trump's tweet

Trump IS fake news.
All he is doing is perpetuating bad information and lies to cover up his complete and utter incompetency.

giphy.gif

Governments all over the world are failing to contain the virus. Are there any examples of governments who are going a good job, with results?

I'm wondering how much of it is due to carelessness, how much due to virulence of covid.

I'm starting to think quarantine measures are going to become pointless as the virus spreads further...which seems likely.

Maybe this is nature's way of Hitlerizing the world to leave it with only the healthy ones.

Nature is "Hitlerizing"?
A pretty huge rule of nature is that the weak are the ones that die... high percentages of baby, elderly and sickly animals and plants die.
Human civilization is supposed to prevent that cruelty.

---------

So, um.... because of the Coronovirus there is now a shortage of toilet paper. :tearsofjoy:

The positivity/optimism bias that has the populations pretending everything is ok and general incompetence in government has very real consequences so it is no surprise that this whole situation is not only getting worse but is about to get a lot worse over the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Skarekrow and acd