Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Yeah glad I bought a few extra tins at walmart today.

Its not going to be good over the next month or 2 or more. Could really do without this right now, not in great position to handle a crisis...

Reactions: flower
Fear not everyone, president cheeto has declared this a hoax and we have no reason to doubt his judgment

Fear not everyone, president cheeto has declared this a hoax and we have no reason to doubt his judgment

And that the coronavirus will magically disappear and it will all go away!

Genius he is.

I'm curious how many doctors and walk in centers are seeing patients with the start of this virus and sending them home with a pat on the back saying it's nothing. This treatment happens all the time with other illnesses and the docs get credit for keeping people healthy while it's simply sheer luck on their side. While most healthy people will fight off the bug, already compromised people will not without the fight of their lives. They have to be careful not to behave so non-nonchalantly with everyone. US healthcare system really does suck and I blame the insurance system which rewards doctors for NOT reporting illnesses.

I was reading that one of the newest cases in the US is a high school student who went to a walk in clinic twice before heading to the ER with diagnosed the nouveau coronavirus. He had no contact with anyone from outside the US, nor contact with anyone diagnosed with it. They think he caught it at school. Dummies.

Just reported the US has their first victim: a woman in her 50s from Washington state. It's said she also had no contact with anyone who came in from outside the US.
At this point I expect it is in every state, just undetected.

Last edited:
Reactions: flower and David54
I'm curious how many doctors and walk in centers are seeing patients with the start of this virus and sending them home with a pat on the back saying it's nothing. This treatment happens all the time with other illnesses and the docs get credit for keeping people healthy while it's simply sheer luck on their side. While most healthy people will fight off the bug, already compromised people will not without the fight of their lives. They have to be careful not to behave so non-nonchalantly with everyone. US healthcare system really does suck and I blame the insurance system which rewards doctors for NOT reporting illnesses.

I was reading that one of the newest cases in the US is a high school student who went to a walk in clinic twice before heading to the ER with diagnosed the nouveau coronavirus. He had no contact with anyone from outside the US, nor contact with anyone diagnosed with it. They think he caught it at school. Dummies.

Just reported the US has their first victim: a woman in her 50s from Washington state. It's said she also had no contact with anyone who came in from outside the US.
absolute truth. . we have a case in my home town as well. .

It is only a matter time given how hard it is to detect before the fact and long latency period so my guess is that it will be hitting the fan in a couple of weeks in the lower 48 + Hawaii. Going to be rough given how precarious people's finances are where 70% of the population living pay check to pay check I can imagine that with the shut down people are going to be up shit creek fast.

Reactions: MoonFlier
I'm sure insurance companies are already loading up to deny testing as the cost is over $3000 per test. .

Its more the Vaccine that's going to be the killer, pun partially morbidly intended.

I was just reading a bloomburg article about this. Amazing how easy it is to stop some of the negative impact humanity has on the planet. The problem is, it's going to go right back to the way it was asap.

Do you realize that this isn't the common flu and isn't going away in a timely manner but rather is going to take a greater part of two years before things are brought under control. Also this is likely to cause a major economic crash bringing on a depression worse than the 1930s as the world is so globalized and going back to what it was before doesn't happen at the drop of a hat. A lot of people are going to end up homeless on the streets and worse still many are likely to die not so much from the virus but everything else as the systems breaking down.

Do you realize that this isn't the common flu and isn't going away in a timely manner but rather is going to take a greater part of two years before things are brought under control. Also this is likely to cause a major economic crash bringing on a depression worse than the 1930s as the world is so globalized and going back to what it was before doesn't happen at the drop of a hat. A lot of people are going to end up homeless on the streets and worse still many are likely to die not so much from the virus but everything else as the systems breaking down.

I wouldn't go that far. Most people don't even display symptoms so yes, the hospitals will be overwhelmed and there will be a short term run on the stores when people panic but it will recover.

Its not 1930s level and its not a banking collapse. In fact all the panic buying will give a bost to quite a few businesses. A few more will suffer due to supply side shortage but it will pick back up, and any sensible businesses with enough funding can wheather it, but those on lifesupport and surviving month to month will be swept away but that isn't unusual for a minor hiccup in the market.

If the political forces have their way everything will be back to "normal" asap. Public health is at the forefront of concerns at the moment, but as soon as the economy starts to go belly up health takes a back seat and God Damn anyone who dares get sick as Trump will say it's all their own fault.

If the political forces have their way everything will be back to "normal" asap. Public health is at the forefront of concerns at the moment, but as soon as the economy starts to go belly up it takes a back seat and God Damn anyone who dares get sick as Trump will say it's all their own fault.

Nah Republicans will get sick same as Dems. Infact possibly more since considerably more Republicans and their voters are over 60...

The President and Republicans will see this a massive threat and dump as miuch money into fighting it as possible.

Nah Republicans will get sick same as Dems. Infact possibly more since considerably more Republicans and their voters are over 60...

The President and Republicans will see this a massive threat and dump as miuch money into fighting it as possible.
But those same voters tend to have more money and better health care to start with. The bulk of the virus will hit those with already existing conditions.

TBH, the mortality rate of this so far seems to be around 2%ish. That's not bad. (I say that with a pang of sadness) It could be looked at as mother nature's way of cleaning out the sick and frail. Don't think of me as being cold as I have been in that group since I was 5. That's how the religious groups will see it, that's how the republicans will see it. Of course this is all just my opinion of what could happen.

I really don't want to find out who's version comes to pass.

Last edited:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I don't want what you are smoking.