Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

At some point it is eventually going to sink in that this is going to be one of those significant turning points in history and it is going to change things though with some dread as to what comes after that being economic and political issues. As to the infection itself this has the same 1918 vibes all over it where due to government hubris, corruption and general incompetence allows it to spread through the nations infecting millions.

At some point it is eventually going to sink in that this is going to be one of those significant turning points in history and it is going to change things though with some dread as to what comes after that being economic and political issues. As to the infection itself this has the same 1918 vibes all over it where due to government hubris, corruption and general incompetence allows it to spread through the nations infecting millions.

Points very well taken! It would indeed be interesting to know how and who got this started.

Reactions: ReasonEnduring
Authorities suddenly said:
50 deaths is Iran!

Yesterday it was 10, then I saw 50 on the guardian.

So somebody just said that the virus has been here for 3 weeks. But nobody said anything. They didn't let people know! And since they didn't know, nobody was cautious. They just wanted to cover it.

It is quickly mounting and after 2 weeks and a lot of deaths they finally said that it was here, but it's too late now.

The president still says that's it's under control!
2 hospitals in Tehran are in quarantine, but the whole news is under the National Security's control. So they don't say anything about the death toll is Tehran.

50 is the number that they said, I'd guess it's more than 100 now.

Last edited:
Authorities suddenly said:
50 deaths is Iran!

Yesterday it was 10, then I saw 50 on the guardian.

So somebody just said that the virus has been here for 3 weeks. But nobody said anything. They didn't let people know! And since they didn't know, nobody was cautious. They just wanted to cover it.

It is quickly mounting and after 2 weeks and a lot of deaths they finally said that it was here, but it's too late now.

The president still says that's it's under control!
2 hospitals in Tehran are in quarantine, but the whole news is under the National Security's control. So they don't say anything about the death toll is Tehran.

50 is the number that they said, I'd guess it's more than 100 now.

Do what you can to keep yourself safe (and assume the worst).

You're Likely to Get the Corona Virus.
:grimacing: Well that was an interesting read.

Interesting the article says developing vaccines isn't profitable. This is the problem people don't realise with drug companies. If its not profitable to make a drug, they won't.

And if the government foots the bill and develops all drugs, it has to prioritise things that affect large areas of the population and ignore the smaller perhaps more deadly sickness. Plus its dependent on government funding and government has a lot of priorities - roads, police, military, public services, hospitals, benefits etc.

Also a yearly flu that kills 2% is terrifying.

That's about 150 Million people a year.

Edit:

Flu kills about 200,000 yearly. So even if we get Coronavirus deaths down to 0.5% through careful management and yearly vaccination its still 750,000 people which is 4+ times the death rate of flu. And that's if its managed carefully.

When this hits Africa and Latin America it's going to be devastating.

Last edited:
According to our recent Medal of Freedom winner, rush limbaugh, it is the common cold, created to go after trump. . welcome to amerika

Reactions: ReasonEnduring
According to our recent Medal of Freedom winner, rush limbaugh, it is the common cold, created to go after trump. . welcome to amerika

You get a prize!

And you get a prize!

And YOU get a prize!

As someone who is in the high risk group should this/when this is in the area, I am feeling kind of numb about it.

Even if you think it's not in your area it won't hurt to stay on top of awareness both of others as they are around you. Stay clean, avoid clouds of coughs.

Note, despite all these precautions I still managed to catch a common cold from my daughter. Thankfully it's mostly sinuses but impacts me otherwise. Just shows that everyone needs to be onboard with being diligent about staying clear of the stuff out there, not just ourselves.

I'm assuming those are the voices of young, not very many by the sounds of it. It's hard to tell with the buildings amplifying the sounds and dampening others coming from around corners. Still, I'd expect a protest to be more of a constant roar or chant. Perhaps not so much of a protest as it is an attempt to vocalize anguish. (But by China's laws it could be considered illegal to be so vocal.)

It's very understandable that they'd be upset with the situation.

Last edited:
As someone who is in the high risk group should this/when this is in the area, I am feeling kind of numb about it.

Even if you think it's not in your area it won't hurt to stay on top of awareness both of others as they are around you. Stay clean, avoid clouds of coughs.

Note, despite all these precautions I still managed to catch a common cold from my daughter. Thankfully it's mostly sinuses but impacts me otherwise. Just shows that everyone needs to be onboard with being diligent about staying clear of the stuff out there, not just ourselves.

I'm assuming those are the voices of young, not very many by the sounds of it. It's hard to tell with the buildings amplifying the sounds and dampening others coming from around corners. Still, I'd expect a protest to be more of a constant roar or chant. Perhaps not so much of a protest as it is an attempt to vocalize anguish. (But by China's laws it could be considered illegal to be so vocal.)

It's very understandable that they'd be upset with the situation.

I do believe parts of the U.S. government are already starting to suggest getting ready for a disruption in the supply chain. Breathing masks are already in short supply. Particularly those in high population areas are going to be in for potential problems if/when this breaks out. Grocery stores will be picked clean in minutes if there is announcement or even inkling that this has gotten out of control.

I do believe parts of the U.S. government are already starting to suggest getting ready for a disruption in the supply chain. Breathing masks are already in short supply. Particularly those in high population areas are going to be in for potential problems if/when this breaks out. Grocery stores will be picked clean in minutes if there is announcement or even inkling that this has gotten out of control.

Sadly true. But for those of us living month to month its hard to stock up. Does make me a bit worried.

That said, living in a State that is a net food exporter does make me feel a bit better. Its more countries that are net importers (like the UK) who will suffer if supply chains get disrupted.

Sadly true. But for those of us living month to month its hard to stock up. Does make me a bit worried.

That said, living in a State that is a net food exporter does make me feel a bit better. Its more countries that are net importers (like the UK) who will suffer if supply chains get disrupted.
1. Make a list of what you think YOUR circumstances are going to dictate you need. Then try and work on the list.
2. Breathing masks, rubber gloves and a pair of goggles with a can of lysol isn't all THAT expensive.

Reactions: Rit4lin
1. Make a list of what you think YOUR circumstances are going to dictate you need. Then try and work on the list.
2. Breathing masks, rubber gloves and a pair of goggles with a can of lysol isn't all THAT expensive.

1) Yes plan to
2) It is when you don't have a job because you need government approval to start working legally

Reactions: SarahBS and Rit4lin
s785573692229757114_p65_i1_w387.jpeg

Pssss, never used Lemsip in my life. Generics my man, Generics!

Lemsip is over priced Paracetamol with a fancy packet.

Reactions: Rit4lin