Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 57 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

... You're going to die.

Why would you refuse to live life when that's the whole point? I genuinely don't understand. Wouldn't ending it all be easier?

I'm not suggesting you do- it just seems to be a huge logical fallacy over your pain of suffering. I'm not an extrovert, by the way. I'm dangerously introverted to the point of losing touch with reality which is why I'm so insistent on remaining in touch socially. Most of my life I've been extremely introverted and socially isolated and only when I began to join the world again did I realize how harmful it was for me.

LoL everyone dies just not from this outbreak, the life this world has to offer isn't great at least for most but we keep on going if not for ourselves but for our families, friends, and whoever else plus there has been enough suicide in my family to pull that number. Some of us have been through some real pain and learned early on that life isn't easy nor comfortable.

I dont think empathy is a joke.
Actually, I wish I had people with more empathy around me.

The empathy that some have is but that is worlds apart from real empathy however that greatly contrasts with what is accepted of being human where everything becomes excessively complicated and highly conditional.

Reactions: Misty
LoL everyone dies just not from this outbreak, the life this world has to offer isn't great at least for most but we keep on going if not for ourselves but for our families, friends, and whoever else plus there has been enough suicide in my family to pull that number. Some of us have been through some real pain and learned early on that life isn't easy nor comfortable.
No see that's what I'm saying I 100% agree with you. Life is about the people you care about and the connections you have. It doesn't have to be a thousand people, but humans live to reproduce and support communities etc. That's just a part of human life. I must have misunderstood you. It sounded like you were saying,

" I would rather live a life of perpetual escapism with no connections to anything"

Ah, suicides... fun. Been there. -.-

Yep, it is hell when it happens.

No see that's what I'm saying I 100% agree with you. Life is about the people you care about and the connections you have. It doesn't have to be a thousand people, but humans live to reproduce and support communities etc. That's just a part of human life. I must have misunderstood you. It sounded like you were saying,

" I would rather live a life of perpetual escapism with no connections to anything"

To be honest with you I rather live somewhere else if you get the drift (think in new age here) as being human the way it is expected isn't easy nor is it healthy. The way it is today is broken and people are struggling regardless of their lives being filled with others or not. There has to be balance to things and this world is so very far from that to the breaking point.

Yep, it is hell when it happens.

To be honest with you I rather live somewhere else if you get the drift (think in new age here) as being human the way it is expected isn't easy nor is it healthy. The way it is today is broken and people are struggling regardless of their lives being filled with others or not. There has to be balance to things and this world is so very far from that to the breaking point.
Heaven? Or another planet?^

Alright... Fair enough.

I concede. Everyone is just trying their best to be happy, I get that. It's different for other people. I'm sorry for intruding on your guys' safe haven during this time. To me it looks like a hell but I understand now that this is a method for some people to process what is happening.

It's just overwhelming for me personally to parse through speculation of things that could or could never happen and peoples claims and opinions about something nobody has the answers to. But maybe doing so gives some people comfort.

I can see it better now, because if the opposite perspective is "I don't want to be in la la Land" that implies that not directly speculating on every piece of news is viewed as not wanting to properly deal with the reality at hand. Which I can understand.

I guess it's more, for me, there is no way of knowing and nothing we can do about it, so the act of speculating causes me more stress than to simply avoid it.

But then, that's a form of escapism too, isn't it? Even when I'm trying to avoid escapism my mind finds ways to do it. I just don't know if I can handle the emotional rollercoaster of imagining every terrible hypothetical situation people come up with, especially given most of them won't happen. Hmm. Lots to chew on. I can't say I agree with most of what you think @Roses In The Vineyard , but I will say I do genuinely appreciate your perspective because it has brought things into a different light. I don't think I want to go quite as far as where you are, but I do think I could learn some from your Philosophy and adjust some of my blind spots accordingly, so thank you for that.

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying.

I'm sure escapism is fine for most people.

I am incapable of playing video games or watching television or doing anything extremely mentally stimulating like that without slipping into addiction to that activity.

I have tried to reintroduce gaming and television back into my life multiple times this past year. Each time, slowly but surely, I realize that these activities are way more rewarding than my real life and I lose all motivation to do anything but the highly stimulating low effort activity.

I don't know why this is the way it is with me, but it is.

Ok, now I think I get it.

It has a name in Big 5: Immoderation (athough Im quoting big 5 Im not with the "Big 5 is serious and MBTI is a joke" people, I like to see these as complementary).

And Im like that too.

However, it is true that I try to control that. That could be related to J/P and I do think that excessive P and excessive J are unhealthy.

I also have a reality that, in rational terms, its unfriendly, "uninviting" and bad in many terms. Im not one of the best examples to deal with, so I dont think I can really really be helpful, but I do think that we, in society, should try to honor some sort of role (regardless of having a life purpose) and I already accepted the idea that doing boring work is part of real life. People in the past had to do lots of boring stuff anyway, which includes primitive farming, feed animals, etc.. So many people in fiction and even in self-help stuff keeps selling this idea that we can pursue something that will make us not doing this boring stuff for our whole life and will always feel fullfilled. But the number of people that truly achieves that is incredibly low and they fruitpick some few amazing examples that are exceptions to the rule. In the end, lots of us have to do boring stuff in our daily life, and thats normal. No one is truly supposed to be happy all the time. But they can pretend they are happy all the times, without truly being, to sell themselves or an idea.

The worst part isnt dealing with boring daily activities, at least not for me, but perhaps that can be helfpul.

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying.

I'm sure escapism is fine for most people.

I am incapable of playing video games or watching television or doing anything extremely mentally stimulating like that without slipping into addiction to that activity.

I have tried to reintroduce gaming and television back into my life multiple times this past year. Each time, slowly but surely, I realize that these activities are way more rewarding than my real life and I lose all motivation to do anything but the highly stimulating low effort activity.

I don't know why this is the way it is with me, but it is.

It has a name in Big 5: Immoderation (athough Im quoting big 5 Im not with the "Big 5 is serious and MBTI is a joke" people, I like to see these as complementary).

And Im like that too.

However, it is true that I try to control that. That could be related to J/P and I do think that excessive P and excessive J are unhealthy.

I also have a reality that, in rational terms, its unfriendly, "uninviting" and bad in many terms. Im not one of the best examples to deal with, so I dont think I can really really be helpful, but I do think that we, in society, should try to honor some sort of role (regardless of having a life purpose) and I already accepted the idea that doing boring work is part of real life. People in the past had to do lots of boring stuff anyway, which includes primitive farming, feed animals, etc.. So many people in fiction and even in self-help stuff keeps selling this idea that we can pursue something that will make us not doing this boring stuff for our whole life and will always feel fullfilled. But the number of people that truly achieves that is incredibly low and they fruitpick some few amazing examples that are exceptions to the rule. In the end, lots of us have to do boring stuff in our daily life, and thats normal. No one is truly supposed to be happy all the time. But they can pretend they are happy all the times, without truly being, to sell themselves or an idea.

The worst part isnt dealing with boring daily activities, at least not for me, but perhaps that can be helfpul.

Reactions: flower and slant
Alright... Fair enough.

I concede. Everyone is just trying their best to be happy, I get that. It's different for other people. I'm sorry for intruding on your guys' safe haven during this time. To me it looks like a hell but I understand now that this is a method for some people to process what is happening.

It's just overwhelming for me personally to parse through speculation of things that could or could never happen and peoples claims and opinions about something nobody has the answers to. But maybe doing so gives some people comfort.

I can see it better now, because if the opposite perspective is "I don't want to be in la la Land" that implies that not directly speculating on every piece of news is viewed as not wanting to properly deal with the reality at hand. Which I can understand.

I guess it's more, for me, there is no way of knowing and nothing we can do about it, so the act of speculating causes me more stress than to simply avoid it.

But then, that's a form of escapism too, isn't it? Even when I'm trying to avoid escapism my mind finds ways to do it. I just don't know if I can handle the emotional rollercoaster of imagining every terrible hypothetical situation people come up with, especially given most of them won't happen. Hmm. Lots to chew on. I can't say I agree with most of what you think @Roses In The Vineyard , but I will say I do genuinely appreciate your perspective because it has brought things into a different light. I don't think I want to go quite as far as where you are, but I do think I could learn some from your Philosophy and adjust some of my blind spots accordingly, so thank you for that.

Just remember that ultimately we're all going to be ok regardless as it will all work out, we all just have to be ready to weather the storms to come as the difficult years are here and 2020 is just kicking things off. Sorry for being on the nasty side in a couple of posts as I get worked up a little.

And Im like that too.

The big 5 is something one pokes with a 39 1/2ft stick lol, a lot of mess surrounding it so I avoid bothering.

The empathy that some have is but that is worlds apart from real empathy however that greatly contrasts with what is accepted of being human where everything becomes excessively complicated and highly conditional.

I still dont think its a joke.

Pretending to have empathy while not having empathy doesnt make real empathy a joke.

I still dont think its a joke.

Pretending to have empathy while not having empathy doesnt make real empathy a joke.

This is not what I am saying, I said the conditional empathy is a joke not real empathy. I don't understand how this could be misunderstood. Real empathy is unconditional and exists regardless which contrasts with what is expected in the human experience as human nature is often machiavellian.