Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 55 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

I think it's the selfish bastards who can't see past the end of their own noses, and the young who have had limited exposure to positive interactions with elderly who feel this way. Certainly not most of us. The feeling is also not restricted to the US, but here we have that annoyingly beautiful thing called freedom of speech that doesn't help in this case.

As for the usa as a whole being screwed: yes and no. Yes, we've put far too much faith in the federal government to lead and protect us. They've proven they cannot do either. No: I have faith that the states will band together and make the appropriate calls. Some of these governors are slow on the uptake though. Even our own here in MA has dragged his heels when he should have followed the example of California and just clamped everything down after that Biogen fiasco. We also have more than enough skills and facilities here to create our own test kits. Governor Baker should never have waited for the Feds to say it was okay for each state to create their own kits.

For planning purposes, some positives will emerge from this:
  • I see more companies and schools being willing to embrace the work from home model. I am totally amazed at how unprepared the school systems were for anything like this.
  • The environment is taking itty bitty steps in rebounding. It goes to show how all we need to do is alter our behavior and we can fix this climate change mess. There's no need to resign to a dying planet.
  • The world is in perfect position to unite in support of humanity despite political finger pointing. All it takes is a nudge from folk with human emotions at the top levels.
  • We see the weakness in current health systems. We have the info needed to overhaul them to prepare us globally for the next pandemic.

I DO have some faith that when this storm passes it will help folks realize how important a strong social safety net is and what we need to do to mend our own.
I have hope that this will improve our healthcare system here in the US...it's just a horrible shame that it will have to be so devastating to life and society.

This thread is baked in negativity, fear, and pointless self-flagellation. I keep trying to make new threads with irrelevant topics, keep trying to raise y'alls vibration, but to no avail.

I understand the problem is me, not any of you.

Why does this thread bother me so much?

Why can't I can't have compassion for those reacting in perfectly reasonable ways, even if ultimately it does bring emotional distress and unhappiness?

Perhaps I am repressing my own? I feel waves of it here and there.

But it passes.

My father, people at work, everyone has news on 24/7. Do you have news on too? Are you emotionally masturbating to the chaos and fear? It's natural.

It's only natural.

Yet so disturbing to watch.

I react in disgust... Then have shame in my own reaction.

Why can't I accept? Why can't I let go?

And in that sense....

I'm exactly the same.

This thread is baked in negativity, fear, and pointless self-flagellation. I keep trying to make new threads with irrelevant topics, keep trying to raise y'alls vibration, but to no avail.

Why can't I can't have compassion for those reacting in perfectly reasonable ways, even if ultimately it does bring emotional distress and unhappiness?

But it passes.

My father, people at work, everyone has news on 24/7. Do you have news on too? Are you emotionally masturbating to the chaos and fear? It's natural.

It's only natural.

And in that sense....

I'm exactly the same.

You're not alone in feeling this way Slant *hugs* I decide when I can read, and when I'm not open emotionally to.

Yes, my mom is 85 and has the news on all the time. That or game shows. She lives alone now that dad is in a home and she can't get out to see him. I worry about her, and have asked she turn the news off, wash her hands and just let me order delivery groceries for her instead of her heading out daily to shop. She won't abide.

For myself I'm trying to limit news exposure to first thing in the morning and later in the evening. It's hard not to pull up news though as I need to know. Just as bad as mom I suppose, LOL.

I frequent three other forums, and am subscribed to the COVID 19 discussions there (or was until about an hour back). The worst discussions were on a Disney oriented forum of all things. All stats, doom and gloom interlaced with some "they messed with MY vacation plans" mixed in. Pathetic really, I had enough of trying to sort them out.

This thread is not anywhere as bad. Do not be disgusted by your reactions - they're telling you something. Yes, sometimes we need to walk away.

By the way, I liked your other threads, but they didn't get the attention, not sure why.

You're not alone in feeling this way Slant *hugs* I decide when I can read, and when I'm not open emotionally to.

Yes, my mom is 85 and has the news on all the time. That or game shows. She lives alone now that dad is in a home and she can't get out to see him. I worry about her, and have asked she turn the news off, wash her hands and just let me order delivery groceries for her instead of her heading out daily to shop. She won't abide.

For myself I'm trying to limit news exposure to first thing in the morning and later in the evening. It's hard not to pull up news though as I need to know. Just as bad as mom I suppose, LOL.

I frequent three other forums, and am subscribed to the COVID 19 discussions there (or was until about an hour back). The worst discussions were on a Disney oriented forum of all things. All stats, doom and gloom interlaced with some "they messed with MY vacation plans" mixed in. Pathetic really, I had enough of trying to sort them out.

This thread is not anywhere as bad. Do not be disgusted by your reactions - they're telling you something. Yes, sometimes we need to walk away.

By the way, I liked your other threads, but they didn't get the attention, not sure why.
Thank you for your empathy.

That is definitely what I'm struggling with right now is having empathy for others. Perhaps because I have overextended myself in caring for my inner circle and now have nothing left to give, so I feel annoyed and angry.

And I'm like, mentally, everyone is feeling the same thing. Trying to kindle that empathy. Trying!

Probably my lack of willingness to resort to escapism is my biggest problem. I think people are retreating into video games and movies and I refuse to do that, I just keep cycling through social stuff that's making it worse, but I can't seem to disconnect from the social thing. I don't want to become isolated.

Hmmmmmm.

I'm not trying to rain on y'alls parades. Theres enough crap to deal with!! If I don't like the thread don't read it. Very true!

But what else is going on?

The world is just looping over and over again.

Reactions: Skarekrow

But it passes.

It's only natural.

And in that sense....

I'm exactly the same.

Emotional endurance is a thing, those who go on about positivity and negativity raise red flags especially those flakey new age types.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow and slant

But it passes.

It's only natural.

And in that sense....

I'm exactly the same.

Am I imagining things, or didn't you say in another thread you needed sex?

Being patronizing is pointing fingers.
People make jokes and light of situations that are stressful or frightening to them, it's normal human nature, it acts as a pressure valve.
There would be no political battle if it wasn't being politicized by those who should be directing our resources toward actually fighting the virus instead of propping up the airlines, wall street, hotel industry, etc.
(Everything but helping the actual people)

#NotDyingForWallStreet

Are you pointing your fingers at me and saying I am being patronizing? What is wrong with "some people take things seriously?"

edit to say all is good.

Reactions: slant

But it passes.

It's only natural.

And in that sense....

I'm exactly the same.

Many forums have this kind of thread. It should be an usual pattern.
The typology central one is also with this same "negativity". They/we even have a "Corona Blues" thread. I also think Personality Cafe is very likely to have a thread like this, this subject should have topics on INTPs forum as well, even on private INTJ forum (which I have no idea of whats happening there) there should be a thread like this.
But here there is a very positive thread called "Love in the time of COVID19" full of positive messages, I even reposted some of them on Corona Blues thread. Thats the thread to reduce negativity.

EDIT: About your other post, I appreciatte your attention and caring, really. Wish my country had more of this kind of thing, for real. Imaginary hugs to you!

Last edited:
Many forums have this kind of thread. It should be an usual pattern.
The typology central one is also with this same "negativity". They/we even have a "Corona Blues" thread. I also think Personality Cafe is very likely to have a thread like this, this subject should have topics on INTPs forum as well, even on private INTJ forum (which I have no idea of whats happening there) there should be a thread like this.
But here there is a very positive thread called "Love in the time of COVID19" full of positive messages, I even reposted some of them on Corona Blues thread. Thats the thread to reduce negativity.
Yes, thank you for the reminder. It is a good thread. Many people are trying to balance things out

I've just noticed that this thread and peoples own blogs are the most frequented threads. People are retreating to their own worlds. It makes sense. No reason to judge I suppose. I am doing so anyway, in spite of myself

Emotional endurance is a thing, those who go on about positivity and negativity raise red flags especially those flakey new age types.
You and me are very different kinds of people, I think. I would definitely fit your definition of flakey new age type and I'm proud of it. Not apologetic for who I am at all no matter how I'm labeled

Yes, thank you for the reminder. It is a good thread. Many people are trying to balance things out

I've just noticed that this thread and peoples own blogs are the most frequented threads. People are retreating to their own worlds. It makes sense. No reason to judge I suppose. I am doing so anyway, in spite of myself

May I ask you, why are you feeling bad with people retreating to their own worlds?
Also, typology central is not following that pattern (the blogs there are raising togheter with general activity). Actually, INFJs.com have a very high activity of blogging part when compared to Typology Central (Im active on both forums, but I have been active for a larger window of time in Typology Central).

Anyway, Im even forgetting if Im allowed or not to mention other typology forums, but I think I can do that, since I had saw another thread with people mentioning other forums all the time.

Anyway, Im even forgetting if Im allowed or not to mention other typology forums, but I think I can do that, since I had saw another thread with people mentioning other forums all the time.

No, you can't. I expect you'll be disappeared very soon.

May I ask you, why are you feeling bad with people retreating to their own worlds?
Also, typology central is not following that pattern (the blogs there are raising togheter with general activity). Actually, INFJs.com have a very high activity of blogging part when compared to Typology Central (Im active on both forums, but I have been active for a larger window of time in Typology Central).

I'm pretty sure it's fine.

I think it's upsetting to me because I can't retreat into my inner world so I feel alone. Abandoned. Not in the forum only but just in general. It's too dangerous and self destructive for me to do that, so I'm here trapped in reality unable to cope.