Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 53 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

I agree with Sandie very much.
So far, he's consistently made totally BS and nonsensical statements...he seems to think that he can lie his way via Twitter and elsewhere and that playbook will still work with the virus when that is more along the lines of magical thinking (not in a good way).
The Doctor in charge Dr. Fauci made a statement the other day...something like - "I can't exactly throw myself in front of the microphone while he's speaking." - referring to all the false and misleading statements Trump makes on a constant basis that the Doctor then has to walk back or clarify.
Like his statement about the malaria drug also used for Lupus (which my mom takes) - Hydroxychloroquine.
Saying that it's some kind of cure, when that is wholly untrue and has no solid proof other than some subjective cases.
But, now there are those who are hoarding the medication, making another artificial shortage for those with Lupus and malaria for that matter.
There have even been reports of several people in S Africa overdosing on the medication and dying after he made this claim.
*eye roll*
As far as the stimulus that the Congress is trying to pass - the Democrats have had to vote no twice so far because the Republicans want to bail out a huge list of corporate entities with zero to no oversight, essentially creating a giant slush-fund of taxpayer money with no interest.
(Also making who gets how much secret for 6 months - why?)
While the working people get a couple of checks that have so many restrictions placed on getting it that estimates say that about 80% of those who need the help will not be able to get it.
(Any company with under 50 employees and any company with over 500 need not apply)
It's more BS and more handouts to the wealthy who really don't need it.
Meanwhile they've floated a plan to give "low-interest" loans to small businesses and independent contractors - really?
So the banks and corporate world don't have to pay anything back and could easily gain such loans based on their assets, but the working people must pay back money when they live paycheck to paycheck?
(He has also refused to say his family won't take any of the bailout money for his hotels)
Ridiculous.
I still haven't seen any testing going on in my area though we have cases growing each day.
We have posts on FB asking for people to sew masks for healthcare workers because we don't have enough PPE for them all - which really chaps my ass big time.
I mean, people in full body isolation suits are still getting the illness and they want US workers to wear bandanas?
The fuck you say...
Not to mention our giant shortage of ventilators that will become a huge problem in the next couple weeks - we will be triaging people and deciding who will live and die because we won't have enough.
Unacceptable.
Trump refuses to use the wartime powers act to nationalize production of such things as masks and respirators because - "nationalizing our industries is un-american".
*sigh*
A couple of weeks ago so was doling out checks to people, yet here we are. ;)
His constant delay delay delay is going to make preventable deaths unpreventable.
First is was deny deny deny - we're still all open for business!
His precious economy and stock market are all he cares about because that was the main sticking point of his reelection efforts.
Now that it's all gone up in smoke, he still continues to make irresponsible and false statements as if he has any credibility left.
We are already in a recession here in the US, it's just not official.
I'm not sure as Sandie has said that Trump will ever notice that the people are the ones holding shit together, he's too much of a narcissist.
Rome is burning and Nero is fiddling.

Love to you all!
:<3white::<3white::<3white:
Well said by golly!

I'm not sure as Sandie has said that Trump will ever notice that the people are the ones holding shit together, he's too much of a narcissist.
Rome is burning and Nero is fiddling.

Love to you all!
:3white::3white::3white:
He won't notice. Yes, he's the poster kid for narcissism. Hold a mirror up to his face, he'll balk at the image and try to erase the mirror instead.:(

Us peeps will just have to stick together and show him what compassion looks like ;)

donny doesn't give a fuck about anyone . . period. he is all about his own greed. . we can all die, he is fine with that. It is high time the spineless bastards in the administration stand in frotn of him and that mic and tell some fucking truth, or they are just as responsible as he is

There is only two things that trumps the value of human life in this country that being business and reputation for which they go through with this it will kill thousands. I envy Europe because here in the states they'll work you to death then throw you away like a used condom for whoever they can find for peanuts.

American politics and toxic social crap in general...

donny doesn't give a fuck about anyone . . period. he is all about his own greed. . we can all die, he is fine with that. It is high time the spineless bastards in the administration stand in frotn of him and that mic and tell some fucking truth, or they are just as responsible as he is

Everytime I hear Trump speak my inner Walter Sobchak is activated:

We're about to find out who really loves New York. We have Broadway, We have the Yankees, the Bills, the Giants, New Years Eve ... music, sports, entertainment, education, the list goes on. Now we have almost 25,000 sick and who knows how many more ... we can get past that apex, but only with a gentle push

When the huricanes, floods, fires and tornadoes hit across the south, the Midwest, the West and garbage floated into the bays in California celebrities and all stars came in to help... and NYorkers went when called. Will we get the same love in NY now that we are experiencing a tsunami of illness?

We're about to find out who really loves New York. We have Broadway, We have the Yankees, the Bills, the Giants, New Years Eve ... music, sports, entertainment, education, the list goes on. Now we have almost 25,000 sick and who knows how many more ... we can get past that apex, but only with a gentle push

When the huricanes, floods, fires and tornadoes hit across the south, the Midwest, the West and garbage floated into the bays in California celebrities and all stars came in to help... and NYorkers went when called. Will we get the same love in NY now that we are experiencing a tsunami of illness?
He's trying to educate Trump about his job using a public speech.
#hopeitworks #facepalm #howdidwegethere #lovetoall #ThatAccentTho

You know how to control trump and get him to do what you want? I learned this from years of being married to a narcissist sociopath...

Play to them from their own angle. Tell him that
  • He will be the hero if he ____.
  • He will be loved by all if he ______.
  • There will be no one as great as him ever if he _____ .
Add a few facts to support the options, but it gets the job done. Keep in mind that when dealing with a person like this you have to constantly be kissing ass and telling him he's wonderful and made the right choices, otherwise your thoughts mean nothing.

Is the world on its knees yet? This is really bad timing for jokes and finger pointing. Political battles. This must not have struck home yet. Guess I'm too serious to enjoy the banter.

This press conference doesn't even make sense. How dare Gov. Cuomo be so unreasonable at a time like this...

From the numbers its less young people are immune to the virus, its more that young people aren't catching it in the numbers old people are.

We could see a LOT more infant mortality if those numbers go up, which they likely will. It never was just an old people problem, despite the idiocy of a few. I feel sorry for any parents during this time, must be very worrying.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-24/los-angeles-young-person-coronavirus-death

Here are the statewide age breakdowns, as of Monday:

0-17: 25
18-49: 837
50-64: 442
65+: 415
Unknown age: 14