Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 51 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Yes.

I think I'm just looking for reassurance that I am not being a paranoid jerk... or people will tell me if I am being one.
I think I should tell her I won't be riding until this is over and just leave it at that (without mentioning I am judging her social behavior).
you are taking responsibility for your own health and safety. . it is the right thing to do

Yes.

I think I'm just looking for reassurance that I am not being a paranoid jerk... or people will tell me if I am being one.
I think I should tell her I won't be riding until this is over and just leave it at that (without mentioning I am judging her social behavior).
You are absolutely not being a paranoid jerk. Social grace is definitely in the back seat at the moment where a deadly pandemic is concerned..

It sucks.. but I would avoid it entirely until it's safe again. Also people can be asymptomatic for up to 14 days ( some say 24 ) and the coronavirus lives on surfaces for 9 days. Yes, days.

Stay safe❤

You are absolutely not being a paranoid jerk. Social grace is definitely in the back seat at the moment where a deadly pandemic is concerned..

It sucks.. but I would avoid it entirely until it's safe again. Also people can be asymptomatic for up to 14 days ( some say 24 ) and the coronavirus lives on surfaces for 9 days. Yes, days.

Stay safe❤

Thank you @Misty. Yes, I know you can be asymptomatic for weeks. When we originally spoke about this it sounded like she was self-isolating, and so was I, so if we met to ride together (and kept our distance) there would be low risk. It turns out she is socializing like always and also not being good about distance, at least with me. I was a little uncomfortable with continuing riding before, but now I am really uncomfortable.

Thank you @Misty. Yes, I know you can be asymptomatic for weeks. When we originally spoke about this it sounded like she was self-isolating, and so was I, so if we met to ride together (and kept our distance) there would be low risk. It turns out she is socializing like always and also not being good about distance, at least with me. I was a little uncomfortable with continuing riding before, but now I am really uncomfortable.
I don't blame you.. not to mention all the other variables at play like the surfaces she touches.. how often she washes or forgets to wash.. o_O eek.

is it low risk enough
I feel like it isn't

I'm sure you've already received great advice with this (I'm catching up with the thread), but I think you answered your own question. It sucks, but I don't believe anything is low risk at the moment. Be well!

I'm sure you've already received great advice with this (I'm catching up with the thread), but I think you answered your own question. It sucks, but I don't believe anything is low risk at the moment. Be well!

Thanks Milky, I just wanted to hear that I wasn't over-reacting by cancelling on her.

UK is on lockdown from tonight. It's times like this that I miss Muir.

Glad I bought that playstation though. I was debating it for months.

LOL, I was thinking "Sweet COVID NINEteen" (cough cough cough)

Yes, we're bad, but what else can we do?

Hope everyone is doing well and not touching me, touching you.
LOL, that last line reminds me of the Chrysler-Dodge comercial when the brother hoovers his finger just above the sisters skin and she yells "Will you stop touching me!" He says he's not touching her, and she yells, "Mommmmm, he's touching me!" And, the brother is just laughing maniacally :tearsofjoy:

To keep it going...ever see the movie Corina, Corina with Whoopie?
I love this movie

No, no, no, ! :joycat:

this isn't like anything I've been through before
I wanted to tell people if a test becomes available to you do it! There really isn't anything to it except a moment or two of awkward discomfort. The lady from the health department in all of her hazmat protective gear was much more intimidating than the tiny brush they stuck up my nose to gather the specimen. She turned it in a counter-clockwise move as she drew it out. I teased her and said I sure hope she didn't unscrew anything making a reference to the game PickUp Sticks, lol.

Now I can chill at home until the results come back. I do have to be mindful and spend limited time around Dad and 6 feet or in another room.

So please, please, please. Use distancing as much as possible, especially if you're out of your home...the folks at the outdoor test site tents were dressed in protective gear, with plastic face/neck sheilds, and still standing 6 feet or more away from each other. She was emphatic about following protocols the CDC is asking us to follow. She took a moment to tell me this virus is a very nasty and nondiscrimantory...anyone can pick it up even with minimal exposure. Primarily because it is new to us all. Be well ❤