Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 50 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

If you have access to paracetamol, stick to those. I read ibuprofen if ever you have the virus might worsen it. Take chlorphenamine too. Chlorphrnamine is anti allergy but it really did well when I was sick in the same way from vietnam -- peace! Also also i read it was being used for to manage symptoms as well. These are over the counter drugs so it should be ok. Just don't overdose!
I'm allergic to anything with Motrin in it, so not taking that ;) I'm happy to hear you were able to feel better.
Thank you for your support and concern @mintoots:)

The important thing to remember is that data in number of cases is basically unusable. Deaths data is more correct.

Financial Times is posting some great charts about deaths. Looks like italy has peaked - the number of deaths per day is still growing of course (each day has more new deaths than the previous) but at a lesser rate.

UK is gonna be in big trouble in a few weeks. They are on a worse trajectory than Italy. Spain, US, France, Germany not looking great either.

Smaller countries seem to be doing fine.
We ( Netherlands ) have quadrupled in cases in one week. From about 1k to 4,202 today, and we only have enough tests to test 1000 people per day, which health authorities admit at this rate would take approximately 46 years to test the entire population of the country.. Right now our schools and restaurants, daycares & cafes have all been shut down starting 7 days ago. The prime minister has also enforced the emergency order via live press conference last sunday that we are to stay 1.5 meters away from all other humans. All my deliveries have arrived and been laid on my door mat after the bell is rung.

But people today ( & yesterday ) were observed in crowds at popular spots due to a weekend of unusually beautiful spring weather here at parks & reserves, disregarding the order entirely. And frustrated, the government sent an emergency alert to every one of our cell phones full of exclamation points, warning that it is critical to follow the order.

The prime minister had already stated in last Sunday's emergency press conference, and reiterated again today that the decision of a total police enforced lockdown is dependent upon people's behaviour. I have a feeling we are headed for this outcome..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow and Misty
But people today ( & yesterday ) were observed in crowds at popular spots due to a weekend of unusually beautiful spring weather here at parks & reserves, disregarding the order entirely. And frustrated, the government sent an emergency alert to every one of our cell phones full of exclamation points, warning that it is critical to follow the order
It's like that here too. Peeps on lockdown are going to beaches and parks. Dumb

Please don't socialize. Even our cemeteries have been closed. We were only at 307 yesterday, today it's 462. And that's supposed to be a good number! :(

For Americans, this is a good read
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56
To be honest, that is what worries me more at the moment. People shouldn't Socialize, yet this is a basic need for humans. And it is very plausible this Quarantine will be in effect for months. I'm not sure
what the result will be for people on a global psychological level.

To be honest, that is what worries me more at the moment. People shouldn't Socialize, yet this is a basic need for humans. And it is very plausible this Quarantine will be in effect for months. I'm not sure
what the result will be for people on a global psychological level.
Tell me about it. I'm getting very very anxious.

90972592_143277740555494_6911249102554529792_o.jpg

I don't think this virus is funny, but references to these weapons are funny, especially in the context of being introverted.

Last edited:
I am looking for your opinions.

I live in a small community. Nobody has tested positive (that we know of) in our extended area, but we are not that far from a major city. We stay at home and don't have people over, and we don't go out, except that I keep riding horses with friends. I am cautious and try to stay 6+ feet away from people and do not touch my face. I wash up when I arrive home. It is difficult to avoid touching my face considering the horses are shedding and I get horse hair all over my face, and even in my nose. It takes discipline!

The friend whose horse I ride is worried about Corona, but hasn't changed her behavior. She isn't great at staying 6 feet away from me, and she keeps meeting up with different friends to hike, walk dogs, etc. We share grooming tools and one day she helped me groom my horse, which meant she was on the other side of the animal, about two feet away. I went back into the barn to get "something" to keep my distance. While riding, we're no closer than 8 feet. Today we were supposed to ride with a group of friends.

My SO thinks I should continue riding and use hand sanitizer to sanitize the tools and otherwise keep asking her about the health of the friends she meets with to give her the hint. I'm not sure I should continue riding, but that means I could go weeks or months without seeing the horses, plus she cannot ride her horse alone because the horse is green and will flip out of she doesn't have another horse as a companion. I cancelled riding today.

Should I just tell her I won't be riding until the threat of the virus is over? Or is it low risk enough to keep doing it with added precautions such as making sure we stay away from each other and diving the tools into two buckets? I feel like it isn't safe because she is being cavalier about social distancing and staying home. If I were one of the only people she met with it would be OK.

Last edited:
I feel like it isn't safe because she is being cavalier abut social distancing and staying home. If I were one of the only people she met with it would be OK.
that is exactly the point. it may not be her, but the people she comes into contact with. she may not contract it, but she can pass it to countless others by her behavior.

that is exactly the point. it may not be her, but the people she comes into contact with. she may not contract it, but she can pass it to countless others by her behavior.

Yes.

I think I'm just looking for reassurance that I am not being a paranoid jerk... or people will tell me if I am being one.
I think I should tell her I won't be riding until this is over and just leave it at that (without mentioning I am judging her social behavior).