Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 49 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Rise away.. if I were still there, I'd rise with you. ❤

I hope you are feeling better soon and it's not the Wu. But whatever it is, you're will is strong and you'll kick it's butt. :smilingimp:❤ Get lots of rest, Sandie. *hugs*
Thank you Misty ❤ be safe where you are.

Awww, thank you so much! I've been drinking lot's of fluids and hauled out the humidifier too. I've been told to call the doc's office first before ER. I guess they're swamped there already.
TP you say?? .... :p
I read somewhere that caffeine can help open your airways so you can breathe easier!

The important thing to remember is that data in number of cases is basically unusable. Deaths data is more correct.

Financial Times is posting some great charts about deaths. Looks like italy has peaked - the number of deaths per day is still growing of course (each day has more new deaths than the previous) but at a lesser rate.

UK is gonna be in big trouble in a few weeks. They are on a worse trajectory than Italy. Spain, US, France, Germany not looking great either.

Smaller countries seem to be doing fine.

Awww, thank you so much! I've been drinking lot's of fluids and hauled out the humidifier too. I've been told to call the doc's office first before ER. I guess they're swamped there already.
Humidifier... hmmm... I'm envisioning the big old brown tub my mom had in my room as a kid every time I got sick
Love the new ones out on the market.

That thing drenched everything right down to the wallpaper.
dcd4c15ae4840a691a1bdd51a0f4e360.jpg

I'm serious about helping where I can. I'm not rolling in it but can spare a sheet or two :)
On a related note: Saw BJs had Charmin in stock last night and when I went to add one to my cart I was presented with this:

upload_2020-3-22_15-16-21.png

I read somewhere that caffeine can help open your airways so you can breathe easier!
I'm dating myself here (as if I didn't with that humidifier pic above), but as a kid we had no emergency relief inhalers. The only option was to struggle through, and I found that tea helped even just a little.

This is truer than true and I learned the science behind it years back but have forgotten most of it now. Has to do with theophylline that is created by our livers in processing the caffeine. Also note for asthmatics antihistamines can work wonders as they counteract our body's reaction to invaders. Use of these with a flu is not usually recommended if it hits the lungs though as dehydration is a side effect.

Last edited:
Repost. I cannot take credit.

"So the CDC has now said because of shortages nurses can wear scarves and bandanas and other non approved PPE. In the report from the CDC they acknowledge that bandanas and scarves and other cloth masks most likely won’t be sufficient enough to protect healthcare workers from contracting covid-19. Excuse me, what?

Furthermore, even in countries with better protection than the US, approx 15% of the people on ventilators are healthcare workers because of repeated and prolonged exposure to the virus. That is with REAL protection. Think of how many of us healthcare workers in the US are gonna get sick and die when we have to use a scarf!

Y’all wanna bitch about the economy falling right now? Trump wants to call this a war? Then let’s give people jobs like they did during the world wars. When normal every day people worked assembly lines to make products needed for those wars. Y’all wanna be at the beach and out and about ignoring social distancing anyway right? So how about you get your asses out and about on an assembly line and start mass producing me some f***ing PPE so I don’t die saving you and your family!

Let me get this straight, because I decided to be a nurse I’m expendable? Like my life really doesn’t matter? That’s what y’all are saying, huh? Like “oh well he knew what he was getting into. See ya later loser.” This is literally like sending troops to war with a t-shirt and shorts and a stick. Y’all would be up in arms if our country did that. But when it’s a healthcare worker y’all are like “meh?” I’m sorry but they didn’t tell me in nursing school “if the country ever starts to crumble you will be sacrificed first.” But if that’s the case you better up my pay and the scarf I have to use better be Gucci.

So many of y’all really wanna talk shit on universal healthcare but every nurse I’ve seen from a country with universal healthcare has a hazmat suit on. Every. Single. One. And here I am in this self proclaimed amazing country with this supposedly stellar healthcare y’all preach about and I’m gonna be over here looking like Scarlet O’Hara with a hazmat suit I made out of my curtains? Nah y’all fake as f***."

90349257_10157138507115954_1185649842597134336_n.jpg

90446027_2684978565114656_7564206933251457024_o.jpg

1atup39emfn41.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 12.21.51 PM.png

If you have access to paracetamol, stick to those. I read ibuprofen if ever you have the virus might worsen it. Take chlorphenamine too. Chlorphrnamine is anti allergy but it really did well when I was sick in the same way from vietnam -- peace! Also also i read it was being used for to manage symptoms as well. These are over the counter drugs so it should be ok. Just don't overdose!

The important thing to remember is that data in number of cases is basically unusable. Deaths data is more correct.

Financial Times is posting some great charts about deaths. Looks like italy has peaked - the number of deaths per day is still growing of course (each day has more new deaths than the previous) but at a lesser rate.

UK is gonna be in big trouble in a few weeks. They are on a worse trajectory than Italy. Spain, US, France, Germany not looking great either.

Smaller countries seem to be doing fine.
Last I checked our death cases jumped from 13 to 25 within the last three days. Several of these deaths are doctors and only .12 percent of our population are doctors. Our nurses are one of our biggest offshore labor exports. The country is already on community quarantine but we're still struggling.

Repost. I cannot take credit.

"So the CDC has now said because of shortages nurses can wear scarves and bandanas and other non approved PPE. In the report from the CDC they acknowledge that bandanas and scarves and other cloth masks most likely won’t be sufficient enough to protect healthcare workers from contracting covid-19. Excuse me, what?

Furthermore, even in countries with better protection than the US, approx 15% of the people on ventilators are healthcare workers because of repeated and prolonged exposure to the virus. That is with REAL protection. Think of how many of us healthcare workers in the US are gonna get sick and die when we have to use a scarf!

Y’all wanna bitch about the economy falling right now? Trump wants to call this a war? Then let’s give people jobs like they did during the world wars. When normal every day people worked assembly lines to make products needed for those wars. Y’all wanna be at the beach and out and about ignoring social distancing anyway right? So how about you get your asses out and about on an assembly line and start mass producing me some f***ing PPE so I don’t die saving you and your family!

Let me get this straight, because I decided to be a nurse I’m expendable? Like my life really doesn’t matter? That’s what y’all are saying, huh? Like “oh well he knew what he was getting into. See ya later loser.” This is literally like sending troops to war with a t-shirt and shorts and a stick. Y’all would be up in arms if our country did that. But when it’s a healthcare worker y’all are like “meh?” I’m sorry but they didn’t tell me in nursing school “if the country ever starts to crumble you will be sacrificed first.” But if that’s the case you better up my pay and the scarf I have to use better be Gucci.

So many of y’all really wanna talk shit on universal healthcare but every nurse I’ve seen from a country with universal healthcare has a hazmat suit on. Every. Single. One. And here I am in this self proclaimed amazing country with this supposedly stellar healthcare y’all preach about and I’m gonna be over here looking like Scarlet O’Hara with a hazmat suit I made out of my curtains? Nah y’all fake as f***."
Our nurses do this. People have been making it for them too and donate it.

View attachment 65051