Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 58 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

No see that's what I'm saying I 100% agree with you. Life is about the people you care about and the connections you have. It doesn't have to be a thousand people, but humans live to reproduce and support communities etc. That's just a part of human life. I must have misunderstood you. It sounded like you were saying,

" I would rather live a life of perpetual escapism with no connections to anything"
Escapism is so very intoxicating though, isn't it?? As a 4 on the ennegram I could happily drift off into my mind and disappear there..

I understand what you're saying here though^- that for you that became an anchor.

Reactions: flower
This is not what I am saying, I said the conditional empathy is a joke not real empathy. I don't understand how this could be misunderstood. Real empathy is unconditional and exists regardless which contrasts with what is expected in the human experience as human nature is often machiavellian.

What do you mean by "conditional"? Thats the unclear part.

Reactions: flower and Wyote
What do you mean by "conditional"? Thats the unclear part.

I can present myself as an empathetic person and gain prestige by cultivating that perception. However, when I have my own shit going on I could not focus on someone else's problems if I tried, which I won't, because mine are more important.

I would tend to disagree with the idea of 'real empathy', though. I think it is all real empathy, affective and cognitive, but empathy can be suppressed or ignored as any other emotion and that that is not always the incorrect thing to do.

I can present myself as an empathetic person and gain prestige by cultivating that perception. However, when I have my own shit going on I could not focus on someone else's problems if I tried, which I won't, because mine are more important.

I would tend to disagree with the idea of 'real empathy', though. I think it is all real empathy, affective and cognitive, but empathy can be suppressed or ignored as any other emotion and that that is not always the incorrect thing to do.

Yeah, just because you can't do it or you suck at it, doesn't mean it's not real, it just might as well be, for those with expectations of some specific level of quality/quantity empathy

They're now going to lockdown a part of my country. The southern region will be sealed off (I live there). I think it's a right decision to lockdown the whole entire area with the most cases of the virus.

@slant

Here is a text from my ex (mom of my 3 kids) Her entire family, (half of my kids' entire family) is in healthcare in some capacity.
Screenshot_20200326-055437~2.png

Idk wtf she's talking about ducks but whatever. You get the point. It's not just the news that is getting people nervous. It's the new reality of every day life.

They're now going to lockdown a part of my country. The southern region will be sealed off (I live there). I think it's a right decision to lockdown the whole entire area with the most cases of the virus.
be well, stay inside, or at least away from others. I'm in a lockdown too. .

Psst, my test is back. It's negative. ;)

Test, if you can, keeping your distance is a must! The inconveniece is well worth the alternative. If it's available, let them test you, if for nothing else but peace of mind.

Be as safe and calm as you can. With discipline, we'll kick this virus out!

@slant

Here is a text from my ex (mom of my 3 kids) Her entire family, (half of my kids' entire family) is in healthcare in some capacity.
View attachment 65198

Idk wtf she's talking about ducks but whatever. You get the point. It's not just the news that is getting people nervous. It's the new reality of every day life.
I understand. It's emotionally difficult.

I figure, there's nothing any of us can do beyond basic safety measures. If you're already doing that...

Dwelling on it doesn't really improve things. But everyone has to process in their own way. I get that.

Stay safe flower :hug:

Thank you and I will, Sandie. :hug: Please stay safe too.

be well, stay inside, or at least away from others. I'm in a lockdown too. .

Thank you, David. I've been inside for many days and been away from others if walking outside for fresh air. Please take care too. <3

Something that has truly amazed me is the response from a large number of the British population to this all, particularly to our NHS.
nhs volunteers.jpg
The volunteers help alleviate by transporting patients to hospital, bringing food and medicine to the isolated, delivering supplies and the like. The request went out Tuesday evening and by the next day there were 400,000 volunteers (I think it may have reached +450,000 now); they only anticipated around 200-250,000 in a few days. As shit a situation as this is, it's a joy to see the very best of people also be shown. 12,000 retired NHS staff also responded to the call to return to service - and supermarkets are treating NHS workers like heroes, storing essential foods, snacks and hygiene products in back rooms solely for them to access so that should they come off of shift, they do not have to worry about salvaging what may remain on the shelves. My Mum was given flowers by the staff when she went and did her shopping.

@slant

View attachment 65198

Okay. She's upset, and I get it. I think it was shitty of her to pour a cup full of crap on you like that though. What a way to start the day.

Test, if you can, keeping your distance is a must! The inconveniece is well worth the alternative. If it's available, let them test you, if for nothing else but peace of mind.

YEAH!!!
My daughter also tested negative for it. Just the flu, but boy was it a nasty one this year, and it mimicked this virus quite well.

Yay!!. . be well, stay safe. .stay sane

So.... here's a challenge for the psychiatrists and psyc nurses and staff.
Been chatting with former co-workers. we did in home mental health with severe and chronic MI clients. . it's a real challenge to continue services. they talked about telemed, but none of them have computers. . and they do weekly med delivery and injections, all in home. .I'm glad I'm not there, but also wish I was there to help

I understand. It's emotionally difficult.

I figure, there's nothing any of us can do beyond basic safety measures. If you're already doing that...

Dwelling on it doesn't really improve things. But everyone has to process in their own way. I get that.
I'm not saying you're wrong by your comments. Just giving am example of what some people are experiencing outside of the media. Skeet skeet