Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 113 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad
giphy.gif

95219354_4512345065443103_2401074361290194944_o.jpg

A couple things...

This is total nonsense.
The "church" has a crapload of money.
Not to mention, this is money taken from taxpayers while the church pays no taxes at all.

More than 12,000 Catholic churches in the U.S. applied for PPP loans – and 9,000 got them
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/catholic-churches-paycheck-protection-program-loans/

Then we have this very sad truth...
Epidemiologist Slams U.S. Coronavirus Response: ‘Close To Genocide By Default’
“What else do you call mass death by public policy?” asked Yale’s Gregg Gonsalves, as draft FEMA documents project 3,000 deaths a day.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/epid...enocide-by-default_n_5eb2a5ebc5b63e6bd96f5d81

"How many people will die this summer, before Election Day? What proportion of the deaths will be among African-Americans, Latinos, other people of color? This is getting awfully close to genocide by default. What else do you call mass death by public policy?"​

And one possibly good bit of news...
New Orleans Backs Medicare for All, Emergency Coronavirus Legislation
https://www.citizen.org/news/new-orleans-backs-medicare-for-all-emergency-coronavirus-legislation/

I had said something in defense of the churches, but you know what? I'm going to let you roast them. God knows they deserve it. ;)

And one possibly good bit of news...
New Orleans Backs Medicare for All, Emergency Coronavirus Legislation
https://www.citizen.org/news/new-orleans-backs-medicare-for-all-emergency-coronavirus-legislation/

Louisiana had a very rough (aka stupid) start to all this insisting that their mardi gras must go on. And it did. And the virus spread like a ... well... a virus. BUT, they have turned it around quite a bit, gotten a hold of it. There's still a load of racism and other ignorance in the area, but if they keep it up, who knows how LA will turn out in the long run.

Last edited:

I find this very distasteful and off subject. Just saying. It feels like sandpaper to me, and I always sense distaste when you address it.

If the covid-19 were from God, is that why the cigarette?

Had a covid victim talk with me at work today who said both he and his wife nearly died but were OK now. He had no mask or gloves. Is that Trump's fault?

Last edited:
I find this very distasteful and off subject. Just saying. It feels like sandpaper to me, and I always sense distaste when you address it.

Had a covid victim talk with me at work today who said both he and his wife nearly died but were OK now. He had no mask or gloves. Is that Trump's fault?
this entire situation is trump's fault

It's certainly not Trump's fault that humans (in general) are idiots. Trump knows how to exploit that weakness though and while he started to show a hint of humanity back when the billionaire real estate developer he knew died from covid it turns out that was not empathy but rather fear for himself that drove him to speaking rather truthfully for a whole two days. He's back to self promotion and egging his stans to attack those who don't want their states reopened yet. That I find unacceptable and non-presidential. A president should be supportive of the states, not causing near riots.

As for the image, I realize whomever created it intended for it to portray Jesus, but it simply looks like a stoner to me. Brush it off... in my book God just is and does not make plans to harm.

Yes, did you read the previous post about the disbanding of the pandemic response team?
How come all the other countries are basically done with it now and our death toll is still rising?
Also, God either has power over all and interferes (aka answers prayers) or does not or neither.
If I posted up a meme with some other "God/Goddess" smoking you wouldn't get upset...why should you get bothered?
Christians always seem to think that God is responsible for this that and everything, until it's something they don't like...then it's either, we are being punished for (insert sin(s)) or God works in mysterious ways.
If it's something miracle-esque, then God did it, but something bad and how could you say that?!
How can we truly have free will in said context if God is constantly interfering even if we ask Him to?
That would be silly.
Also, I'm pretty sure God can take a joke, even if you don't find it tasteful...God's a big boy/girl/it.
He created my sense of humor...take it up with God.

Edit- Also Jesus was not white...get upset about the total improper representation used to wield superiority over other races for centuries.

Last edited:
And yes...yes it is Trump's fault for it growing to the extent that it has.
He had warning after warning giving to him and ignored it...he disbanded the pandemic response teams, cut even more funding from those who would have stood in the way of the virus to save money.
He doesn't care who dies so long as his precious economy is good....when it hit the bricks, he got involved.
Also in regards to the masks and gloves - he had months and months to prepare and did not.
Instead he listened to armchair phony talking heads who praise his incompetence and think they know some medicine because they watched a couple of videos on youtube.
He and those who dismissed this all as a ploy by Democrats on Faux News are a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect - -
In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.
The entire month of February he did NOTHING.
Though we now know he knew much further back than that.
I would rather a moldy hotdog run the country.
He certainly doesn't care who lives or dies so long as he gets re-elected.
He's a joke, his response is a joke...his suggestions to inject cleaning supplies I wish were jokes though he was serious.
He is clearly biased and has politicized the entire pandemic since day one.
It's acting as an excuse to be even more cruel to immigrants and those he doesn't like.
He rolled back EPA restrictions - why? How does that help the situation?
Gave billions to those who don't need it while those who do stand in line at food pantries.
Now him and SOS Tubby are on TV talking about punishing China for creating it...give me a break.
Even if they did....what difference does that make now?
Blow up more supply lines...burn more bridges....cut more funding to the very people working to stop it.
Pretend we are testing people when we are not....pretend we have supplies and PPE when we do not.
He's a liar, a thief, an unabashed snake-oil salesman.
What has he done - encouraged riots and armed morons too scared to join the military and too stupid to be cops to play dress up soldier - threatening the safety of others.
If those folks were people of color - their presence with such assault rifles and garb would not have been tolerated.
Trump orders meat plants where hundreds of workers and sick and dying to remain open....GTFO.
We wouldn't want to lose any menu choices off of the Wendy's drive thru.
He surrounds himself with "yes men/women" and whenever someone says something he doesn't like no matter how correct he opens his flappy mouth and lies more and discounts the real experts trying to keep people safe and alive.
Yes it is his fault that so many have died....and those who haven't yet as well.
Sure some would have...but he multiplied it exponentially.
And no...jets flying over don't make me feel safe or patriotic...it's a damn waste of tax money and resources that we need elsewhere right now.
It's gaslighting all the folks who are still deluding themselves into thinking that one day he might say something that isn't stupid.
That ship sunk a long time ago.

Last edited:
And yes...yes it is Trump's fault for it growing to the extent that it has.
He had warning after warning giving to him and ignored it...he disbanded the pandemic response teams, cut even more funding from those who would have stood in the way of the virus to save money.
He doesn't care who dies so long as his precious economy is good....when it hit the bricks, he got involved.
Also in regards to the masks and gloves - he had months and months to prepare and did not.
Instead he listened to armchair phony talking heads who praise his incompetence and think they know some medicine because they watched a couple of videos on youtube.
He and those who dismissed this all as a ploy by Democrats on Faux News are a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect - -
The entire month of February he did NOTHING.
Though we now know he knew much further back than that.
I would rather a moldy hotdog run the country.
He certainly doesn't care who lives or dies so long as he gets re-elected.
He's a joke, his response is a joke...his suggestions to inject cleaning supplies I wish were jokes though he was serious.
He is clearly biased and has politicized the entire pandemic since day one.
It's acting as an excuse to be even more cruel to immigrants and those he doesn't like.
He rolled back EPA restrictions - why? How does that help the situation?
Gave billions to those who don't need it while those who do stand in line at food pantries.
Now him and SOS Tubby are on TV talking about punishing China for creating it...give me a break.
Even if they did....what difference does that make now?
Blow up more supply lines...burn more bridges....cut more funding to the very people working to stop it.
Pretend we are testing people when we are not....pretend we have supplies and PPE when we do not.
He's a liar, a thief, an unabashed snake-oil salesman.
What has he done - encouraged riots and armed morons too scared to join the military and too stupid to be cops to play dress up soldier - threatening the safety of others.
If those folks were people of color - their presence with such assault rifles and garb would not have been tolerated.
Trump orders meat plants where hundreds of workers and sick and dying to remain open....GTFO.
We wouldn't want to lose any menu choices off of the Wendy's drive thru.
He surrounds himself with "yes men/women" and whenever someone says something he doesn't like no matter how correct he opens his flappy mouth and lies more and discounts the real experts trying to keep people safe and alive.
Yes it is his fault that so many have died....and those who haven't yet as well.
Sure some would have...but he multiplied it exponentially.
And no...jets flying over don't make me feel safe or patriotic...it's a damn waste of tax money and resources that we need elsewhere right now.
It's gaslighting all the folks who are still deluding themselves into thinking that one day he might say something that isn't stupid.
That ship sunk a long time ago.

The blame game doesn't assist us in our current situation.
Careful identification of all the issues and chain reaction events leading up to now will help us identify the weaknesses to prevent the next pandemic from getting as bad or worse than this one. We need to be careful not to let partisanship take a role in that study.

Our biggest fight, other than against the virus, other than Blue verses Red, is ignorance. Just like the federal numbers mush all the stats into one heaping ball to show where we're at with the virus, saying that the US is well educated is deceiving. We have areas that are extraordinarily well educated but we have too many areas in which people choose to be sheep and let the government do the thinking for them. When it comes to something as simple as wearing a face mask to help stop the spread of the virus these people only want to keep thinking how great the country is and how we can overcome anything with will power.

I loved the story about the woman wearing a face mask who encountered demonstrators on her way. One approached her and started to ridicule her for wearing the mask and telling her to take it off. She then proceeded to tell the demonstrator that she was wearing the mask to protect others as she had just come off of 3 weeks of self isolation down with COVID-19, but if he was insisting she would be happy to take her mask off and talk about it with him. The demonstrator told her to keep the mask on and backed off.

Yes. It is Trumps fault it has gotten this bad. No, it is not his fault we are a country of morons. How do we fix this?

A trend that scares me and seems to be emerging is one of violent anger coming from people who have been on lock down and are now being allowed back out. It's just a handful of reports that I've read, but I read them all within an hour of each other. Could just be a trend the reporters are on, or there is something else going on there with people not remembering basic social graces.

My worries are some of these people may not know where to stop the anger and for their family members at home.

New Zealand / Australia / South Korea:

Paid the people enough unemployment to survive, froze rent/mortgage/loans, plenty of masks/tests/ nobody looses healthcare coverage because every citizen has it by birth right, people stayed in and listened to science, not having a recession.

5 weeks of quarantine, only 20 deaths (in the ENTIRE country) and they're re-opening their economy carefully now.

USA:

Go to work or die, no healthcare, $1200 dollars stimulus isn't enough for a single month's mortgage or rent. 100 million asshole followers protesting Muh guns, Muh rights, no masks, not enough tests, Religious leaders encouraging social gatherings and asking for the stimulus money as donation.

Rednecks spreading misinformation about topics they couldn't even read from a text book (big words) let alone understand science.

70,000 deaths and counting as we prepare for 1930 recession and a second wave of infections and death.

American's insisting that we're doing it right, Trump shutting down the task force and talking about "Success" when we're still in the middle of it.

WTF people? How'd we get here?

The blame game doesn't assist us in our current situation.
Careful identification of all the issues and chain reaction events leading up to now will help us identify the weaknesses to prevent the next pandemic from getting as bad or worse than this one. We need to be careful not to let partisanship take a role in that study.

Our biggest fight, other than against the virus, other than Blue verses Red, is ignorance. Just like the federal numbers mush all the stats into one heaping ball to show where we're at with the virus, saying that the US is well educated is deceiving. We have areas that are extraordinarily well educated but we have too many areas in which people choose to be sheep and let the government do the thinking for them. When it comes to something as simple as wearing a face mask to help stop the spread of the virus these people only want to keep thinking how great the country is and how we can overcome anything with will power.

I loved the story about the woman wearing a face mask who encountered demonstrators on her way. One approached her and started to ridicule her for wearing the mask and telling her to take it off. She then proceeded to tell the demonstrator that she was wearing the mask to protect others as she had just come off of 3 weeks of self isolation down with COVID-19, but if he was insisting she would be happy to take her mask off and talk about it with him. The demonstrator told her to keep the mask on and backed off.

Yes. It is Trumps fault it has gotten this bad. No, it is not his fault we are a country of morons. How do we fix this?
I had to vent it out, I agree with you!

upload_2020-5-8_11-14-16.png

I sense a lot of harbored hatred. The picture stinks to me because you call yourself Christian. Such a poor example

If this entire situation is Trump's fault, why don't you do something about it? Prove it. Isn't that what folk here look for? Proof? All I see are a handful of people that hate Trump. How many here have written him? I have. How many have offered good ideas? I have. Just keep throwing your darts. BTW, you needs not try to prove anything for me. There is too much evidence to the contrary.

News Flash! It's all Trump's fault.

the virus simply is. . our complete lack of a national strategy to manage it is indeed, trump's fault. I know the trump world wants to blame everything on Obama, Hilary, the boogie man, China, the media, much like a chimpanzee throwing feces in their cage. the truth is we are in this mess because Donald J Trump did not do his job. . period