Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 112 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

nn0c03252_0005.gif

(The above image is a little deceiving in that they curved the fabric to resemble a face mask, in which case the flow of particles is backward. It should represent exhaling not inhaling, but given most people can only be convinced to wear masks by saying this will protect them, I give them a pass.)
This graphic makes me nervous. ;)
When we are stitching up handmade masks, the turquoise layer in the graphic would represent the pellon layer. We cut that layer one on grain, one against so that the layer is cross-grained once complete. There is 4 layers total. 2 of 400 count cotton, 2 interweave pellon.
I'd trust one of mine before another.

This graphic makes me nervous. ;)
When we are stitching up handmade masks, the turquoise layer in the graphic would represent the pellon layer. We cut that layer one on grain, one against so that the layer is cross-grained once complete. There is 4 layers total. 2 of 400 count cotton, 2 interweave pellon.
I'd trust one of mine before another.
That's smart!

This hot ENFP explains why INTJs are God-tier at surviving quarantine :sunglasses:
Also INFJs apparently...

Well yeah. We had a significant food stockpile before the virus was declared. Did an extra shop in February.

We see the signs, we know whats going down.

Researcher ‘on the verge of making very significant’ coronavirus findings killed in apparent murder-suicide
NEWS
by: CNN Wire and Nexstar Media Wire

Posted: May 6, 2020 / 05:15 AM MDT / Updated: May 6, 2020 / 05:15 AM MDT
bing2.jpg

(Photo Credit: University of Pittsburgh)

A University of Pittsburgh professor on the verge of making “very significant findings” researching Covid-19, according to the university,was shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide over the weekend, police said.

The research assistant professor, identified as Bing Liu, was found in his townhouse Saturday with gunshot wounds to the head, neck, torso and extremities, according to the Ross Police Department.

Investigators believe an unidentified second man, who was found dead in his car, shot and killed Liu in his home before returning to his car and taking his own life.

Police believe the men knew each other, but say there is “zero indication that there was targeting due to his (Liu) being Chinese,” according to Detective Sgt. Brian Kohlhepp.

The university issued a statement saying it is “deeply saddened by the tragic death of Bing Liu, a prolific researcher and admired colleague at Pitt. The University extends our deepest sympathies to Liu’s family, friends and colleagues during this difficult time.”

“Bing was on the verge of making very significant findings toward understanding the cellular mechanisms that underlie SARS-CoV-2 infection and the cellular basis of the following complications,” his colleagues at the university’s Department of Computational and Systems Biology said in a statement.

Members of the university’s School of Medicine describe their former colleague as an outstanding researcher and mentor, and have pledged to complete Liu’s research “in an effort to pay homage to his scientific excellence.”

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved. copied

Extremities, head, neck, and torso sounds like torture to me. RIP

28b69d6d88396f5f3d2fb6e57753404bad-anti-mask-protest.rsquare.w700.jpg

This shit reminds me of myself when I was a selfish, short sighted 18 yr old. There was a crack down on people no wearing seat belts. I never wore one. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and got mad. "You can't take away my right to die!!!!" Then I was given a ticket. Then I started wearing my seat belt... Bastards. If I want to cruise around without a seat belt, what's the big deal? Ofc, I have much more to live for now. The difference in me being a douche and the person (and surrounding people) in this pic being a douche is that the mask protects other people. A seat belt only protects me and potentially someone else only if my body is laumched out of the windshield and hits some kid on her bike...

View attachment 67709

This shit reminds me of myself when I was a selfish, short sighted 18 yr old. There was a crack down on people no wearing seat belts. I never wore one. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and given a ticket. Then I got pulled over and got mad. "You can't take away my right to die!!!!" Then I was given a ticket. Then I started wearing my seat belt... Bastards. If I want to cruise around without a seat belt, what's the big deal? Ofc, I have much more to live for now. The difference in me being a douche and the person (and surrounding people) in this pic being a douche is that the mask protects other people. A seat belt only protects me and potentially someone else only if my body is laumched out of the windshield and hits some kid on her bike...

These people not wearing masks need to be charged with attempted murder.

A man brought his children into the store the other day. I watched one of his 6 year old or so boys sneeze without covering his mouth. I call it " not caring wtf happens around them", or being inconsiderate and stupid to bring your sick child into stores right now.

This right here.
Trump can burn in hell for all I care.

5x2znzs7rks41.jpg

95140773_2649599445319220_7007804116307017728_n.jpg

Damn, he is dumber than a sack of rocks...

Trump says doing too much coronavirus testing makes the
US 'look bad' as he pushes for the country to reopen
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-too-much-coronavirus-testing-makes-us-look-bad-2020-5
  • President Donald Trump thinks that too much coronavirus testing makes the US "look bad."
  • "The media likes to say we have the most cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad," Trump said on Wednesday.
  • The US still lags behind other countries in terms of the share of the population tested for coronavirus.
  • Public health experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, have warned against reopening the country and easing coronavirus restrictions without a robust testing system in place.

Damn, he is dumber than a sack of rocks...

Trump says doing too much coronavirus testing makes the
US 'look bad' as he pushes for the country to reopen
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-too-much-coronavirus-testing-makes-us-look-bad-2020-5

• President Donald Trump thinks that too much coronavirus testing makes the US "look bad."
    • "The media likes to say we have the most cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad," Trump said on Wednesday.
    • The US still lags behind other countries in terms of the share of the population tested for coronavirus.
    • Public health experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, have warned against reopening the country and easing coronavirus restrictions without a robust testing system in place.

It has been Trump's goal since the start to keep the testing numbers low. Then he started to see that when you keep the numbers low it makes it look like the virus is killing near all the people who catch it and permitted the states to create their own kits.

The US death rate back in Feb and early March was well above other rates around the world making it seem as though the US was not fighting it at all.

In many ways our fight against this virus has been on individual state levels, not a federal level. When I look at the numbers now I'm concerned with how each region is doing not the picture the US puts out there as it is deceiving. Thankfully the state of New York and most of New England are over that worst point providing we keep up with the restrictions. Other areas however are not driven by the science and are instead listening to the Feds. They seem to think they can open back up and they have yet to hit the peak of it in their region.

Last edited: