Confirmation of Human/Neanderthal Interbreeding | INFJ Forum

Confirmation of Human/Neanderthal Interbreeding

Ecton

Community Member
Feb 25, 2010
MBTI
INFJr
This result is incredibly important:

The ultimate in Slash fiction is confirmed. Humans and Neanderthals interbred 80,000 years ago:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1987568,00.html?hpt=C2

http://www.newscientist.com/article...genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html

Editorial Comment:
Humans that are not from sub-saharan Africa are 'mongrels'. The only 'true humans' are from sub saharan africa. Take that, Hitler.
While the article states that 'most anthropologists long suspected this', in reality, many anthropologists fought vehemently to deny this in the face of ample excavation evidence. When I was a kid, Neanderthals were described in textbooks as 'primitive brutes' of inferior capabilities. It has taken a long time for science to move to statements such as : "I would see them as a form of humans that are bit more different than humans are today, but not much" Perhaps. But perhaps they were fairly different, and we still have trouble being related to something different.

Last edited:
There are theories that the Neanderthals were more peaceful than the Cro-Magnons, and possibly even more intelligent.

Yeah, I long ago read about how it seems they had more advanced medicine than Cro-Magnon. It seems they performed successful open heart surgeries, which modern man took until the 20th century to do. They also had larger brains, but the larger areas were more associated with sensory perception and coordination rather than communication and reasoning. Cro-Magnon's advantage was in coordinating groups of hunters.

Editorial Comment:
Humans that are not from sub-saharan Africa are 'mongrels'. The only 'true humans' are from sub saharan africa. Take that, Hitler...

This editorial is just as "racist" as any nazi ever was - it just happens that the prefered race is different.

Editorial Comment:
Humans that are not from sub-saharan Africa are 'mongrels'. The only 'true humans' are from sub saharan africa. Take that, Hitler.

Now, Ecton, you know it's likely there were some subsets of early human relatives in sub-saharan Africa that interbred with ancient "pure humans" -- only those groups may be less studied than Neanderthals. I think it takes a long time to map a genome, I doubt all human ancestors have been thoroughly studied.

From what one reads these days, it seems there were quite a few overlapping species of early humans, and somehow I doubt that was any different for sub-saharan Africa.

In other words, we're all "mongrels", so if racial "purity" is something you're going for, no matter what your race of choice may be, it is really an illusion.

Especially if you consider the sheer number of ancestors we all have! You don't have to go back many generations before you get into the hundreds of thousands of great-great-great grandparents for each of us. That's why, based on sheer numbers, there are very few people on this planet who have not mixed DNA with some other group unless they've been completely isolated, and with all the migrating in and out of Africa that went on, isolation did not happen there.

Now, Ecton, you know it's likely there were some subsets of early human relatives in sub-saharan Africa that interbred with ancient "pure humans" -- only those groups may be less studied than Neanderthals. I think it takes a long time to map a genome, I doubt all human ancestors have been thoroughly studied.

Oh, I know, Janet. I was just tryring to give Hitler's ghost a jab to the gut. Mainly I was tacking a sarcastic jab at the Victorian concept of 'breeding', and the subsequent Eugenic and Fascist Racist movements: Compare Hitler's projection of the Aryan with that time's conception of the Neanderthal and the African, and then see how this evidence turns those convictions into vapor. From their racist perspective, the 'African' in more 'pure'. Flavus got what I was saying, but I think he thought I meant it from my own convictions.

Last edited:
Oh, I know, Janet. I was just tryring to give Hitler's ghost a jab to the gut. Mainly I was tacking a sarcastic jab at the Victorian concept of 'breeding', and the subsequent Eugenic and Fascist Racist movements: Compare Hitler's projection of the Aryan with that time's conception of the Neanderthal and the African, and then see how this evidence turns those convictions into vapor. From their racist perspective, the 'African' in more 'pure'. Flavus got what I was saying, but I think he thought I meant it from my own convictions.

Jab away! :boink: I am in total agreement with you! :D

Interesting, really. This whole thread makes me think how formerly accepted "scientific facts" were so colored (no pun intended) by racism. Science seeks to find the Truth with a capital "T", but it still gets influenced by human flaws and human illusions... pondering the enormity of it all. We really are still learning, aren't we?

"I would see them as a form of humans that are bit more different than humans are today, but not much"
If we consider that speciation events are judged upon ability to reproduce with the alternate population anyway, then it only seems reasonable.

There may be more data coming down the pike detecting other mating across what were considered 'species boundaries' in traditional anthropology. More places, more 'species', more general human behavior being human. I'm really glad to see this science advance in my lifetime to a more mature perspective.

george_bush_monkey.jpg

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Yeah, I long ago read about how it seems they had more advanced medicine than Cro-Magnon. It seems they performed successful open heart surgeries, which modern man took until the 20th century to do. They also had larger brains, but the larger areas were more associated with sensory perception and coordination rather than communication and reasoning. Cro-Magnon's advantage was in coordinating groups of hunters.

Wait seriously? How is that possible? Where is the evidence?

Very cool news! In a class I took recently, we talked about the speculation that early humans and Neanderthals might have interbred, but at the time them had just finished mapping the preliminary Neanderthal genome and it didn't look like the two species/races whatever had intermixed. I think it's awesome that scientists now think they did!!

lol the real racism is when they try to fight evidence like this because iots more PC for us to all be the "same" as opposed to different. When in reality when you look at different groups of humans there is a lot of diversity it only makes sense that some of the genes are not shared.

And Hitler argued for stuff like this, proving that the germans were somehow different from everyone else and better.