Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture

Circumstances and the laws of probabilities are most often not the same.

"You guys" didn't offend me. You guys think I don't like you or something? There's only you and me, and we just disagree. Doesn't make us enemies.

Circumstances and the laws of probabilities are most often not the same.

"You guys" didn't offend me. You guys think I don't like you or something? There's only you and me, and we just disagree. Doesn't make us enemies.

If you don't want the last word then why do you keep posting?

We're not enemies? Learn to read the atmosphere.

Edit:

Also I don't particularly care that you like me or anyone. I don't need your likes. I don't really even particularly want them. This was NEVER about being liked.

Last edited:
Also you want to make peace now all of a sudden?

HAHAHAHaha I've been trying to catch a break for years. DECADES. And now you want one? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well. Keep turning the other cheek. Let's see if you get whiplash.

sigh-charlie-brown.jpg

Also you need to take a look at your own sig. How many times have you been told?

This does no good. This thread? Abysmally hopeless and futile. Of course I warned about that and of course once again nobody listens. So fuck it. This is what people really want. They must because they never fucking listen.

I'm tired of holding back and trying to be the wise one. Destroy yourselves.

I was reading the "Transgender - Why is it even a thing?" thread and I wanted to get to understand a few things about transgenders. I created a different thread here "http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29975&highlight=transgender+grayman" in order to explore a few questions I had. I noticed that people were posting in the "Transgender - why is it even a thing" thread again so I started reading and noticed that amad made an accusation toward sprinkles that was ludicrous and so I jumped in. A few posts later I noticed that the thread was closed and that this new thread was created so I followed along to see what happened. I noticed then that people wanted to silence amad so I read amads posts to determine why and I didn't think it would be prudent to silence him for the reasons you and I have been arguing about for a few posts now.

I suppose I should elaborate. When I said my belief was that you don't care, I meant from a human or personal perspective. I think that it’s more of an intellectual curiosity for you. That you seek knowledge about a topic you don’t fully understand. But that's about it. As far as transgender rights or Amad's ignorant depiction of homosexuality and transgenderism I don't think you really care about any of it. About how it affects people or how it can influence others and engender more ignorance and hate.

And that would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that you dictated to people how they should react. This doesn't affect you in any way so of course you can be detached and maintain a neutral attitude. It's easy to tell people that they should be more understanding and reasonable when you have no personal stake in the subject.

I am aware that you were joking.
What I said was this: "I can understand that. But if that is the issue then I generally back off and regain my composure before re-initiating discussion. I would not condone my reactiviness."
The last sentence is important because it gives indication that I do react. The second sentence is important because it indicates that at times I want to react.

I am not immune. I gave you an accurate response to the example you provided but what holds true for that one example does not hold true for every situation. I think you don't know me enough to know what does get through my accepting attitude.

That's fine, maybe I misinterpreted your words. But if you had such a reaction I would not call you "softer" or suggest you can't handle criticism.

And it's true that I don't know you. But the fact is you decided post your interpretation of my feelings without knowing me. And so I did the same in return. Perhaps my interpretation was just as skewed as yours.

It's easy to tell people that they should be more understanding and reasonable when you have no personal stake in the subject.
This.

And what's more infuriating is this "listen to my side" and "don't be angry at the messenger" bullshit. You know what that actually is? It's secret code for "You aren't immediately enlightened to my side so therefore you haven't been listening. You can't disagree with THE TRUTH."

They say "listen to my side and find the truth for yourself." As if I haven't already. That's fucking rich! It's not possible that I gave their side due consideration and then rejected it, oh no. If I'm still 'wrong' then I couldn't have truly examined their point of view because it's the correct one and if I'd examined it, I would agree!

That's exactly what this is and I'm done with it.

To the passive reader that doesn't want to get bogged down in the filth: I absolutely get it. I have a personal stake in the equal rights movement, and I assume that [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] does as well. We're passionate about this subject because we've been exposed to hate and discrimination against LGBT people our entire lives. My best friend tried to commit suicide after being beat to an inch of his life. He had done nothing wrong except being born gay. If you met him on the street, you would never guess his sexual orientation. It stems from the acceptance of gay bashing and bullying that some here represent.

I don't believe anyone here to purposefully want to bully anyone or be mean, it's just an engrained part of many peoples belief-systems, and I think that it's sad. This shouldn't be about political leanings, or traditional values. It should be a human rights and equality issue, like race relations and plurality of religions. It's okay to be freaked out by gay people, or refuse to associate with them. Just don't keep them from building their own lives and having access to a loving family. That's all I have to say for now.

It's okay to be freaked out by gay people, or refuse to associate with them.

I don't think that's 'okay' per se. I think we have to tolerate it and accept it because there is no way to abolish these negative feelings except through time. I think it is preferable that one does not associate with a homosexual if they cannot do so in a constructive manner however I think the ideal thing for people to do, morally, is to connect with homosexuals as a real people and not seperate themselves from them. I think some people see them as a statistic. It is like seeing blacks as criminals just because they have a higher chance of going to jail instead of going out and meeting blacks and really getting to know at least one of them so that you can begin to see them as people instead of a statistic.

I don't think that's 'okay' per se.

Debate I'm not willing to get into. I don't care what your personal opinion is about gay people, as long as you don't want to prohibit them from living their own lives in their own worlds.

I don't want people hanging out just to study me. I'm not an insect.

And that would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that you dictated to people how they should react. This doesn't affect you in any way so of course you can be detached and maintain a neutral attitude. It's easy to tell people that they should be more understanding and reasonable when you have no personal stake in the subject.

We do, in fact, tell people how they can react. We do not dictate how they should feel, but certainly how far they can go in reacting. I think it fair to say that overreacting is neither productive nor necessary. I understand how the lack of an emotional reaction can be perceived to be uncaring, but I'd point out to you that anger can also be expressed in a cold and calculating manner. Of course all of us have our limits and we all lose our calm, but it's good to communicate so we can understand our own and others' anger.

I don't want people hanging out just to study me. I'm not an insect.

You do want people to understand you though, right? You're certainly not an insect because you can choose to communicate.

You do want people to understand you though, right? You're certainly not an insect because you can choose to communicate.

Why should you have to understand? Just don't get in the way of other human beings, period.

Why should you have to understand? Just don't get in the way of other human beings, period.

Who's way am I in? I need to understand how I am in the way if I am to be moved.

I want to be understood as a person, not as a race or sexuality. If someone starts out thinking I'm so different because of those things and that they must learn about me to relate like they're under some obligation to do so, then no I don't want it.

I want to be understood as a person, not as a race or sexuality. If someone starts out thinking I'm so different because of those things and that they must learn about me to relate like they're under some obligation to do so, then no I don't want it.

True. I'd say they probably wouldn't bother talking to you at all or if they did they'd merely be talking AT you. Talking to someone fundamentally addresses them as a person.

True. I'd say they probably wouldn't bother talking to you at all or if they did they'd merely be talking AT you. Talking to someone fundamentally addresses them as a person.

Problem is people do talk at other people. They talk like you're from some strange fascinating planet some times. It's all like "your people think this way and like this kind of food and listen to this kind of music?" Well... yes and no. -.-; How the hell can I explain?

My grandmother on my dads side was from China and my grandfather on my moms side was Native American and I grew up in a predominantly black and Arabic part of Detroit. I've seen some shit.

Who's way am I in? I need to understand how I am in the way if I am to be moved.

You're not in anyone's way. I just don't necessarily accept the idea of having to understand the motivation of minorities to accept their rights. People should have to justify not accepting them fully, I shouldn't have to explain to you (or anyone) why they should be treated equally with everyone else.

Problem is people do talk at other people. They talk like you're from some strange fascinating planet some times. It's all like "your people think this way and like this kind of food and listen to this kind of music?" Well... yes and no. -.-; How the hell can I explain?

My grandmother on my dads side was from China and my grandfather on my moms side was Native American and I grew up in a predominantly black and Arabic part of Detroit. I've seen some shit.

They do and because they're talking at you with loaded questions those questions lead one to be talked back AT. It's difficult to reframe those questions into actually being open and not merely prejudiced. I feel it's important to be aware of such a situation so as to not immediately fall into it.