Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture | Page 20 | INFJ Forum

Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture

You're not in anyone's way. I just don't necessarily accept the idea of having to understand the motivation of minorities to accept their rights. People should have to justify not accepting them fully, I shouldn't have to explain to you (or anyone) why they should be treated equally with everyone else.

Well, they do TRY to justify it. I think it important to explain how mistaken it is and to do that I need to understand what their misguided justification is in order to do so.

They do and because they're talking at you with loaded questions those questions lead one to be talked back AT. It's difficult to reframe those questions into actually being open and not merely prejudiced. I feel it's important to be aware of such a situation so as to not immediately fall into it.

Hanging out with people just to hang out is allowed. It's ok to discover things naturally as with anyone else... no need for reframing if you start out right.

I learned more about other people by not being conscious of it. I'd be invited into people's homes because we're neighbors and I wouldn't have to inquire about their native cuisine and junk like that because that's what they fed me.

You acquire knowledge naturally just like with any person. It's not like there's a rule book, just relax and let be.

We do, in fact, tell people how they can react. We do not dictate how they should feel, but certainly how far they can go in reacting. I think it fair to say that overreacting is neither productive nor necessary. I understand how the lack of an emotional reaction can be perceived to be uncaring, but I'd point out to you that anger can also be expressed in a cold and calculating manner. Of course all of us have our limits and we all lose our calm, but it's good to communicate so we can understand our own and others' anger.

I don't think anyone overreacted here. I thought that for the most part the reactions were well within reason. There was anger, but no one starting spewing insults at Amad or called for his head. This thread is still open and Amad is still a member of the forum.

And I would say the same of underreacting. If you're house is on fire and you're just "aw, it's fine. it'll go out on it's own." That's not exactly productive attitude.

I don't think anyone overreacted here. I thought that for the most part the reactions were well within reason. There was anger, but no one starting spewing insults at Amad or called for his head. This thread is still open and Amad is still a member of the forum.

And I would say the same of underreacting. If you're house is on fire and you're just "aw, it's fine. it'll go out on it's own." That's not exactly productive attitude.

Oh, well I thought we were referring to the closing of the initial thread and the emotions from that. I thought the anger to be within reason as well and given proper justification (in this thread).

I don't think anyone overreacted here. I thought that for the most part the reactions were well within reason. There was anger, but no one starting spewing insults at Amad or called for his head.

Is it too late to call for your head, Jacobi?

guy-hiding-behind-plants-gif.gif