Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture | INFJ Forum

Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
I think some threads need closing, actually. People don't always agree with certain subjects......like how someone is born. I think it amazing when people that have a history about not believing in God, turn around and say someone was made a certain way by God.

Thing that upsets me is not our differences in our beliefs. Most families don't even agree on everything. Closing a thread is fine, but abusing everyone that disagrees by having the last word SOUNDS to me unfair. Maybe it isn't unfair, but I see it as abuse of one's rights.

Think God has a purpose for every baby that is born? Explain this one to me, please.

I'll crawl my Hulk self back into my Yoda dwelling now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and Skarekrow
That wasn't the last word. There's never a last word. It never ends.

Word

Reactions: Tin Man
Errrr so the intention was to create a thread just to close it?
Also, are you not one who would quote bible verses freely given the chance? So...what exactly are you saying here?

Are you equating that baby... to the discussion in the transgender thread... and comparing it to people who are intersex or transgendered...

And exploiting the image of that poor, tiny baby...

I...

Cannot...

What are you trying to accomplish?

What is your mission here?

If you don't agree with the comments in a thread, then best thing is to avoid posting in it. Or you are going to create a new thread, be clear about what the focus of the thread will be and include cautions or disclaimers to warn people ahead of time that you're using a religious perspective to guide the discussion. But asking to close a thread or seeking attention using the pic in the OP will likely work against what you are trying to achieve.

If you don't agree with the comments in a thread, then best thing is to avoid posting in it. Or you are going to create a new thread, be clear about what the focus of the thread will be and include cautions or disclaimers to warn people ahead of time that you're using a religious perspective to guide the discussion. But asking to close a thread or seeking attention using the pic in the OP will likely work against what you are trying to achieve.

This, right here.

Lol are you saying your god made a mistake by creating that baby?

Lol are you saying your god made a mistake by creating that baby?

And in doing so implying that certain other members of the population are mistakes.

Beautiful sentiment.

I very rarely report anything, but that is what this thread needs.

It was created with ill intent and nothing good will come of it.

What are you even going on about? If you're the Christian, why don't you tell us what you think that picture represents? Are you just lumping everyone's arguments together or are you referring to one or more specific individuals who you feel are being either incoherent or deceitful? Are you trying to say people are incapable or shouldn't refer to other's beliefs if they don't hold them themselves? What sort of nonsense are you talking about?

I think some threads need closing, actually. People don't always agree with certain subjects......like how someone is born. I think it amazing when people that have a history about not believing in God, turn around and say someone was made a certain way by God.

I agree that I don't think the thread necessarily needed to be closed either. I wasn't entirely sure if our new member is just idiotic or trolling, but that isn't an abuse your rights. This is an internet forum run at the administrator's rules and discretion. You are free to disagree, go to another forum, run your own forum, etc.

I wanted to point out to him that plenty of people have parents that died at birth or a young age and still grow up to be well adjusted and even straight (!!!). His family values schtick is absolutely idiotic and misinformed.

I am dumbfounded by your picture and what your point is. If I remember correctly it was the new member who specifically stated that he did not believe God made mistakes, so what is your point and who are you addressing it to? Because, I cannot, for the life of me, make any sense of it.

Last edited:
I agree that I don't think the thread necessarily needed to be closed either. I wasn't entirely sure if our new member is just idiotic or trolling, but that isn't an abuse your rights. This is an internet forum run at the administrator's rules and discretion. You are free to disagree, go to another forum, run your own forum, etc.

I think it was fair enough in the context of taking a page straight from his own rulebook.

Are you equating that baby... to the discussion in the transgender thread... and comparing it to people who are intersex or transgendered...

And exploiting the image of that poor, tiny baby...

I...

Cannot...

What are you trying to accomplish?

What is your mission here?

I'm at a loss of words, too. I'll give it a shot.

Sexuality and gender dissonance exists. It's here, and it has always been here. It breaks my heart to think that people perceive that fact as something up for moral debate. These people don't hurt you, and you don't need to concern yourselves with them if you don't want to. Either you accept everyone, or you oppress those born that way.

If we absolutely have to bring the Bible into this, let me say that it is a wonderful instrument when used for verse like these:

Colossians 3:13 “bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”

Romans 14:1 “As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.”

... But not so wonderful when used for verses like these:

Leviticus 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

Deut. 22:24 "That the Court shall pass sentence of death by stoning"

Jesus preached compassion for everyone, and for judgment to be reserved for God alone. Let's follow his lead and accept everyone equally?

Proverbs 18:6
The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.

Thing that upsets me is not our differences in our beliefs. Most families don't even agree on everything. Closing a thread is fine, but abusing everyone that disagrees by having the last word SOUNDS to me unfair. Maybe it isn't unfair, but I see it as abuse of one's rights.

Think God has a purpose for every baby that is born? Explain this one to me, please.

tumblr_lr65ltLP2Z1r130lpo1_500.jpg

I'll crawl my Hulk self back into my Yoda dwelling now.

Z

Taking your post completely on an objective level, it's obvious this is the malformation of twins, possibly conjoined twins, and more than likely due to the malnutrition of the mother for years before and during her pregnancy. Unfortunately this is not an uncommon thing in overpopulated and poor areas of the world where medical care in general, let alone pre-natal care, is a luxury only 'rich' women can afford.

Now, taking into account the subjective data, as to what this purpose serves. Well, I guess that would be different for everyone, depending on which god you believe in and where you are in the world. Many children are born with multiple limbs and other body parts. Again, this is not an uncommon occurrence outside the first world.

A little girl in India by the name of Lakshmi was born with eight limbs. She was hailed as a goddess in her village, as many of the Hindi gods and goddesses have multiple arms and legs and otherwise "superfluous" body parts according to Western beliefs. This little girl had surgery to remove her extra limbs as her life was in danger. You can view her story here if you choose: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/surgery-on-girl-born-with-8-limbs-went-wonderfully-well-1.684334

girl-four-legs-cp-3855881.jpg

What was the purpose of it? Let's see, there could be many many purposes. One could be to provide inspiration to her village as she was born with the many limbs of one of their great goddesses. Another could be that her purpose was to provide proof of what can happen when a pregnant mother does not receive the nutrients and care she requires. Another could be she was meant to further our knowledge of birth defects and how to surgically correct them to save a life.

My point is this: there are many anomalies not just in ourselves as a human species, but in our world and universe, we look to either science or religion for an explanation. Whichever one you choose to explain it, you don't have to shove that opinion down someone else's throat.

If people actually want to openly discuss these things, then let us do so with a greater respect. The problem is, each and every one of us is so quick to defend our stance on what we feel and think is right that these issues just become one giant argument. Perhaps we are not ready to truly discuss our differences yet. Perhaps we all need to broaden our perspectives and think a little clearer so that we may, one day, put out heads together to discuss this like adult human beings. Until then, I vote for this thread and all others like it to be closed.

[MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION]

Beautiful.

Took the words right out of my mouth and elevated them.

Reactions: Free
'Just Me', you are basically a clear-cut example of why I think religion is poison. People that have replied pretty much said what was needed to be said, thus, I don't need to say anymore. If this thread does not get closed and the OP not get some kind of verbal warning, I will be very angry indeed. For too long this kind of hateful garbage has been allowed to breed on this forum, why must we tolerate the intolerant? It does not prove how 'tolerant' or 'open-minded' you are. It merely proves that you will appease just about anything in order to supply maximum trust and desperately ignore inevitable conflict like a bunch of spineless hippies.

I myself think that your precious God, Just Me, has abused every single right that you seek to want to defend in the name of your own bigoted belief system. How hypocritical and somewhat sanctimonious that you attempt to sit on such a high horse and try to actively use your viscous interpretation of a simple decision to switch genders to reinforce the hopelessly pathetic texts within the Bible. I am going to cut to the cold truth here: You are not only secluding yourself to a form of socially accepted delusion, you are using it to justify any terrifyingly backward theory you have, and in this case appears to be people that do not feel like their born identity is what they should die with.

"Explain this one to me please". I think the person on this thread that has the most explaining to do, sir, is you.

Last edited:
...My point is this: there are many anomalies not just in ourselves as a human species, but in our world and universe, we look to either science or religion for an explanation. Whichever one you choose to explain it, you don't have to shove that opinion down someone else's throat...

..."Explain this one to me please". I think the person on this thread that has the most explaining to do, sir, is you.

:m059: Nailed it. Now can we please close this thread!

I'm just baffled about how easily this all could have been avoided but instead it spills over into a second thread.

There were plenty of warnings and people were told what would happen. The whole "don't read what you don't like" thing doesn't work when we have so much magma bubbling under the surface.

This thread could be closed but the fact that this has happened at all indicates a troublesome forum climate that does not and will not end here.