Clinton vs Trump, Trump vs Clinton | Page 56 | INFJ Forum

Clinton vs Trump, Trump vs Clinton

Well, you haven't met my 8yr old. He understands more than you could possibly imagine.
I have no doubt. Use your T though. Do you even let him watch ALL of the news? Does he want to or does he only know what he hears about from you or others. Even if he did watch the news or read the paper...what context does he have? Has he had to support himself? Does he have a full time job? Im sure your son is a great person and a great son. The world is still outside his comprehension though.

I wonder when Trump will finally announce that he has decided to go back to being a Democrat and that everything he tried to sell the public was all lies just to get votes. He had to do it, he had no other choice really. He knew Hillary was running and that he didn't have a chance running as a Democrat so he switch to Republican for the race. But now that he has won, he no longer needs to live the lie. I mean, come on! It is pretty obvious that he doesn't follow the Republican ideology. And actions are supposed to speak louder than words? Not in this instance and Trump was betting on that.

But Trump supporters shouldn't get upset. Especially since they have always supported his right to flip flop on every issue.

Seriously, I can't wait to see how this reality show turns out. Drama!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eventhorizon
I wonder when Trump will finally announce that he has decided to go back to being a Democrat and that everything he tried to sell the public was all lies just to get votes. He had to do it, he had no other choice really. He knew Hillary was running and that he didn't have a chance running as a Democrat so he switch to Republican for the race. But now that he was won, he no longer needs to live the lie. I mean, come on! It is pretty obvious that he doesn't follow the Republican's ideology. And actions are supposed to speak louder than words? Not in this instance and Trump was betting on that.

But Trump supporters shouldn't get upset. Especially since they have always supported his right to flip flop on every issue.

Seriously, I can't wait to see how this reality show turns out. Drama!
I havent been able to figure Trump out. What was all of this to him? Does he care about a second term? Hes come into this not owing anyone anything. Large Republican donors shunned him and did not want their name associated with him. He owes no one as President. So, who will he be, what will he work toward and why.

I have no doubt. Use your T though. Do you even let him watch ALL of the news? Does he want to or does he only know what he hears about from you or others. Even if he did watch the news or read the paper...what context does he have? Has he had to support himself? Does he have a full time job? Im sure your son is a great person and a great son. The world is still outside his comprehension though.
He has the same context you and I have. My family (not my husband) was divided on their vote. And he is exposed to everything. And he doesn't agree with my opinions just because I am his mother (trust me on this one...the boy can and does debate his opinions).

You do not have children so I wouldn't expect you to understand that they are usually more intelligent than most adults. Especially mine.

He has the same context you and I have. My family (not my husband) was divided on their vote. And he is exposed to everything. And he doesn't agree with my opinions just because I am his mother (trust me on this one...the boy can and does debate his opinions).

You do not have children so I wouldn't expect you to understand that they are usually more intelligent than most adults. Especially mine.
Im not going to go back and forth with you on this but you onow that what you are saying ia not accurate. Has your 8 year old son ever had to try and figure out how to pay a bill that if he doesn't will have a big effect on his comfort level? You know what I am getting at and you are deliberately being argumentative for...why? No matter

Just going to add a comment that kinda sorta meshes in with @Anywhere But Here and @Eventhorizon 's conversation. Sorry if I'm butting in.

My 13 yo nephew watched the election with me, begged to stay up late till it was definitive while following twitter at the same time. After reading several comments on either side, "Yay! Everything will be better!" and "Brace yourselves for the end of the world!" He looked up at me in confusion.
"Auntie, why does everybody think that Clinton or Trump will fix their lives? Shouldn't they try to fix their own life?"

"Why, yes, my dearest child. Yes, indeed."

Anyhow, our very household is divided in this election. He has heard opinions on both sides and I've always encouraged him to make his own mind up in all things. He's happy Trump won, but refuses to believe that Americans should leave it up to him (or her had it gone the other way) to fix what's going wrong in their life. Such wisdom.

Im not going to go back and forth with you on this but you onow that what you are saying ia not accurate. Has your 8 year old son ever had to try and figure out how to pay a bill that if he doesn't will have a big effect on his comfort level? You know what I am getting at and you are deliberately being argumentative for...why? No matter

Why would that even matter? But just so you know, my son understands bills, and credit, and the value of a dollar. I explain work to him (which he wants to do now) and he does chores for money until he can reach the right age to work. I explained WHY he needs to keep up his grades and set long term goals now to prepare for the future. He knows that nothing in life is free and that if he wants something, he needs to first work for it and value what he has. He knows how to save. He has his own bank account which I help manage. We set up a college fund for him and we explained to him the cost of school and the expenses that come with it. I strive to make him UNDERSTAND life and the responsibilities that come with it. I am raising my boys to be wise and independent and strong. He knows that no matter how good we have it, life can throw curve balls and take that all away. So I teach him to plan and pay attention.

And maybe that is a lot for a child to take in but he gets it. Because I make sure he gets it.

So YES, he understands more that most adults do.

Reactions: Free
Why would that even matter? But just so you know, my son understands bills, and credit, and the value of a dollar. I explain work to him (which he wants to do now) and he does chores for money until he can reach the right age to work. I explained WHY he needs to keep up his grades and set long term goals now to prepare for the future. He knows that nothing in life is free and that if he wants something, he needs to first work for it and value what he has. He knows how to save. He has his own bank account which I help manage. We set up a college fund for him and we explained to him the cost of school and the expenses that come with it. I strive to make him UNDERSTAND life and the responsibilities that come with it. I am raising my boys to be wise and independent and strong. He knows that no matter how good we have it, life can throw curve balls and take that all away. So I teach him to plan and pay attention.

And maybe that is a lot for a child to take in but he gets it. Because I make sure he gets it.

I imagine one of those creatures in the world where they get a hold of something and can't let go. Like...did you know you can catch a racoon by placing a shiny object in a hole just smaller than its fist? They will get a hold of the object and wont let go. You can walk right up on them.
You continue to argue this point which means I will never get acknowledgement from you that what I have said is logical and rational.
There is no use for me to argue on this particular subject any longer

I imagine one of those creatures in the world where they get a hold of something and can't let go. Like...did you know you can catch a racoon by placing a shiny object in a hole just smaller than its fist? They will get a hold of the object and wont let go. You can walk right up on them.
You continue to argue this point which means I will never get acknowledgement from you that what I have said is logical and rational.
There is no use for me to argue on this particular subject any longer

'Logical' and 'rational' is something you have not been through this whole thing. But there is no use in me bringing that up because you will never acknowledge it. No need to argue about it. We both think we are right and we are both stubborn.

Whatta ya gonna do?

Reactions: Free and Asa
'Logical' and 'rational' is something you have not been through this whole thing. But there is no use in me bringing that up because you will never acknowledge it. No need to argue about it. We both think we are right and we are both stubborn.

Whatta ya gonna do?
Cant help but get those last shots in can you?

I want to take a second and say one thing about the acknowledgment from Hillary and Obama about whats happened. Both were well worded and I really wish they both meant what they said but....well you know.

This may be the only nice thing I will ever say about Obama. He is an excellent speaker. He has the type of voice that makes you want to listen to him if you were not so disgusted by the content. An excellent public speaker to which Bush and Trump could never hope to match. After hearing him today I hope the door loosens one less tooth on his way out.
And Hillary? Oh Hillary, your real fight is just now beginning.

Last edited:
@Anywhere But Here @Eventhorizon

What if I told you that you are each other's raccoon trap?

Matrix-Morpheus.jpg

I want to take a second and say one thing about the acknowledgment from Hillary and Obama about whats happened. Both were well worded and I really wish they both meant what they said but....well you know.

This may be the only nice thing I will ever say about Obama. He is an excellent speaker. He has the type of voice that makes you want to listen to him if you were not so disgusted by the content. An excellent public speaker to which Bush and Trump could never hope to match. After hearing him today I hope the door loosens one less tooth on his way out the door.
And Hillary? Oh Hillary, your fight is just now beginning.

Oh Trump would never to that to Hill Hill! They are good friends and this was all just a political stunt. Don't you remember that being mentioned here? Their daughters are such good friends!

If anything, I hope that this election has shown conspiracy theorists how looney they are. Maybe they will finally come to accept the scary truth...NO ONE IS IN CONTROL.

Well anyway, I just watched the Clinton concession speech. She was calm and gracious. The headlines declared her "shattered," but actually she looked well rested and slightly relieved. I thought she handled it well.

Sore losers need not be insulting, hateful losers... the satisfying consolation is that they don't have the power to enable their hate in more effective ways.

Oh Trump would never to that to Hill Hill! They are good friends and this was all just a political stunt. Don't you remember that being mentioned here? Their daughters are such good friends!

If anything, I hope that this election has shown conspiracy theorists how looney they are. Maybe they will finally come to accept the scary truth...NO ONE IS IN CONTROL.
Maybe... I certainly cant predict the future.
But...this is a true story. Many months ago my cousin came out this way. While sitting arou d the dinner table the conversation of premonition, esp..etc came up. It turns out that several people on my fathers side of the family claim to have varying amounts of it. I knew my Aunt talked of it occasionally but until she passed away I never knew my cousin claimed to have it.
The topic of the election came up, again...5 months ago, and he was asked if he knew what was going to happen. He said yes and that he knew Hillary was going to go down in flames. Now this whole time I have never believed Trump really had a chance and between then and now its only gotten worse the more he opened his mouth. I had already been thinking of how to ask my cousin how he could be so wrong.
But the thing is, I dont think he was talking just about Hillary losing the election alone.

If Hillary were to disappear never to be heard from again I suspect I might not care as much about her crimes as I do now. However I truly believe this is a wound that has to be addressed correctly otherwise it will ultimately destroy us. We cannot have a situation where some have to follow the rules while others dont. That will cause very real unsolvable issues if not corrected

Reactions: Free and cvp12gh5
Sore losers need not be insulting, hateful losers... the satisfying consolation is that they don't have the power to enable their hate in more effective ways.

Just because Trump won doesn't mean that it is right. The "loser" is still yet to be determined. (Remember: Long-term thinking. We intuitives aren't shortsighted.)

And plus, you don't even live here so I don't necessarily understand what exactly you are celebrating, lol. Is it that you hate the U.S. that much? ;) In that sense, you should be satisified...for now.

Last edited:
Maybe... I certainly cant predict the future.
But...this is a true story. Many months ago my cousin came out this way. While sitting arou d the dinner table the conversation of premonition, esp..etc came up. It turns out that several people on my fathers side of the family claim to have varying amounts of it. I knew my Aunt talked of it occasionally but until she passed away I never knew my cousin claimed to have it.
The topic of the election came up, again...5 months ago, and he was asked if he knew what was going to happen. He said yes and that he knew Hillary was going to go down in flames. Now this whole time I have never believed Trump really had a chance and between then and now its only gotten worse the more he opened his mouth. I had already been thinking of how to ask my cousin how he could be so wrong.
But the thing is, I dont think he was talking just about Hillary losing the election alone.

If Hillary were to disappear never to be heard from again I suspect I might not care as much about her crimes as I do now. However I truly believe this is a wound that has to be addressed correctly otherwise it will ultimately destroy us. We cannot have a situation where some have to follow the rules while others dont. That will cause very real unsolvable issues if not corrected

Okay, but wishfully thinking won't make it so, EH.