Cancer in dogs skyrocketing. Cause the food with all the by-products? Worming meds? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Cancer in dogs skyrocketing. Cause the food with all the by-products? Worming meds?

I definitely do not feed my dog commercial dog food. I wouldn't eat that stuff, would you give it to your dog?

I cook my dog organic food- typically a combination of veggies (carrots, cabbage, broccoli) and fruits (apples, pears) stir fried and seasoned (my dog will not eat her veggies if they are not seasoned well, so I use a bit of salt, pepper and herbs de provençe) with a choice of lean meat (chicken, beef and sometimes pancetta) or fish (makerel, whatever is fresh at the grocery shop). In between meals, she also loves greek yogurt with honey and chia seeds. For snacks, I give her boiled or roasted sweet potatoes (sometimes I integrate this into her food). I also give her scrambled eggs and pasta, also when I make lentil burgers, I leave out the super hot spices for her portion. She also loves vanilla frozen yogurt (I make sure they do not contain artificial sugars and only pure sugars). This might be controversial, but my dog also loves macaroni salad, basically anything with mayonnaise she will eat, so I sometimes make her a fruit salad (blueberries, apples, pears, mangos) with mayo, otherwise she doesn't really eat fruits (aside from apples).

I also think the water supply is important. I only give her bottled water (without fluoride and chlorine, basically what I only drink myself) and sprinkle a tablespoon of Taurine powder into her water bowl.

When brushing her teeth, I use coconut oil. In the beginning, I used regular dog toothpaste a couple of times, but then instinct told me I shouldn't use it on her, and when I looked at the ingredients, I was shocked. Typically my dog swallows the toothpaste, so I switched to coconut oil. After a couple of weeks, I noticed that all the plague had dissolved on her teeth. I recently started using coconut oil myself, and I love the stuff! Pretty amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
There probably is but unfortunately even with the best care some dogs are just more prone to it. Just like some are more prone to cataracts or hip dysplasia.

My mother's 12 year old dog had the beginning of cataracts, but I told her to only feed him bottled water with Taurine powder, + apples in his food, and now his cataracts are gone.

Is is skyrocketing? Where is the story or evidence?
Being in the medical field, I have always known - If you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer.
yes, there could be environmental factors but also consider that they are receiving regular and more complimentary medical care, better foods, better medicines, etc.
I cannot speak for all the medication we give our animals…I just recently had to put on my kevlar gloves and hold my poor cat under the shower because he reacted very badly to the flea drops you put on their neck…never had an issue with this particular brand…tried this other and bam…wet cat…but he felt better you could tell…he was running around the house before, hissing and panting…not cool.

Autism in people is skyrocketing…perhaps there are similar causes…I don’t think its in the vaccines…it’s in all the other bullshit in our environment…just the sudden influx of RF waves from cell phones, we don’t really have good data on that…or it’s buried….we know it can cause a brain tumor if you hold it to your head 24/7.
Or anti-depressants…or Roundup in our foods…who knows. I wouldn’t not give your dogs their heart worm medication if you live in a place with a long mosquito cycle because that is a shitty and preventable way to keep your dogs healthy.

And remember what looks good to you isn’t necessarily good for them…if you feed a cat an all vege diet it will actually die.
We use Nature’s Balance food…it isn’t too rich (to cause bloat), or to bland that he doesn’t eat it.
I will tell you he is way less gassy on this stuff…and we only buy the low sodium beef or chicken stock now and just pour some over his dry food…he loves it and it’s way healthier than the canned food.

Is is skyrocketing? Where is the story or evidence?
Being in the medical field, I have always known - If you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer.
yes, there could be environmental factors but also consider that they are receiving regular and more complimentary medical care, better foods, better medicines, etc.
I cannot speak for all the medication we give our animals…I just recently had to put on my kevlar gloves and hold my poor cat under the shower because he reacted very badly to the flea drops you put on their neck…never had an issue with this particular brand…tried this other and bam…wet cat…but he felt better you could tell…he was running around the house before, hissing and panting…not cool.

Autism in people is skyrocketing…perhaps there are similar causes…I don’t think its in the vaccines…it’s in all the other bullshit in our environment…just the sudden influx of RF waves from cell phones, we don’t really have good data on that…or it’s buried….we know it can cause a brain tumor if you hold it to your head 24/7.
Or anti-depressants…or Roundup in our foods…who knows. I wouldn’t not give your dogs their heart worm medication if you live in a place with a long mosquito cycle because that is a shitty and preventable way to keep your dogs healthy.

And remember what looks good to you isn’t necessarily good for them…if you feed a cat an all vege diet it will actually die.
We use Nature’s Balance food…it isn’t too rich (to cause bloat), or to bland that he doesn’t eat it.
I will tell you he is way less gassy on this stuff…and we only buy the low sodium beef or chicken stock now and just pour some over his dry food…he loves it and it’s way healthier than the canned food.

Cats cannot produce taurine on their own, which is why it's supplemented in their food. However you can make cats organic food good and sprinkle taurine powder into their food and drinking water. It's good to give it to dogs too, to prevent heart disease, diabetes and cataracts. Taurine is the most abundant in fish.

Cats cannot produce taurine on their own, which is why it's supplemented in their food. However you can make cats organic food good and sprinkle taurine powder into their food and drinking water. It's good to give it to dogs too, to prevent heart disease, diabetes and cataracts. Taurine is the most abundant in fish.
Okay…but I bet the cats would prefer some nice tuna.
I understand that you can supplement your animals and they will be healthy…none of the other questions I posed were answered?
The OP says “Cancer in dogs skyrocketing.” where is the evidence of this statement or is it purely to evoke an emotional response that is unnecessary?

Its not only cancer.. its joint problems and any other host of medical issues. Theres no "fda" for pet food.

Its not only cancer.. its joint problems and any other host of medical issues. Theres no "fda" for pet food.
I still have not found significant anything with keyword searches that tells me dogs are getting cancer at higher rates?
The FDA are actually the ones who regulate the food (not that they are super honest fellas)
I’m all for healthier pets…I just want the data showing me some abnormality?

Okay…but I bet the cats would prefer some nice tuna.
I understand that you can supplement your animals and they will be healthy…none of the other questions I posed were answered?
The OP says “Cancer in dogs skyrocketing.” where is the evidence of this statement or is it purely to evoke an emotional response that is unnecessary?

I'm sure cancer in dogs skyrocketing as cancer in humans are also skyrocketing. Most likely due to the drinking water supply.

I'm sure cancer in dogs skyrocketing as cancer in humans are also skyrocketing. Most likely due to the drinking water supply.
From what I read.
The cancer rates in animals basically match that in humans….they of course live a sort of speed up life…my big Rottweiler has a lifespan much less than a smaller dog would.

If MORE dogs aren't actually getting cancer, then it’s because they are getting better treatment and living longer (because remember, if you live long enough, you WILL get cancer…at least until we find the “cure”).
A century ago it was heart disease not cancer that killed the most as far as diseases went.
I am sure there are environmental reasons for it…I’m pretty sure that Roundup is the actual Autism cause…but besides that, people are living longer lives, they have medications and treat for heart attacks and CHF.
I’ve had people tell me they can cure my arthritis pain in my spine with special water, or this or that diet, these supplements, this way of popping my back.
None of it, seems to do anything….but that is just me.
The actual medications come with a price too, there are side-effects.
I’m not against discussing ways to help our pets and our people, I just want all the facts.

Concerning cancer. 5he world population is growing so the amount of people getting cancer is growing as well. Also think of all the people who died of cancer before they knew what it was.

Concerning cancer. 5he world population is growing so the amount of people getting cancer is growing as well. Also think of all the people who died of cancer before they knew what it was.
Yes, but the amount doesn’t necessarily change the percentages.

Yes, but the amount doesn’t necessarily change the percentages.

Was not suggesting that it was. I do not know what the percentages really are. They may be off the chart. I was just calling attention to the idea you cant say 1 mil died of cancer 20 years ago as oppsed to 10 mil today. More people more deaths.. etc.

Was not suggesting that it was. I do not know what the percentages really are. They may be off the chart. I was just calling attention to the idea you cant say 1 mil died of cancer 20 years ago as oppsed to 10 mil today. More people more deaths.. etc.
Yes…there can 100 mil…but if the percentage is say 25%…then yes…by the sheer numbers there are more.
But if it’s still the same percentages, then it’s all voodoo.

From what I read.
The cancer rates in animals basically match that in humans….they of course live a sort of speed up life…my big Rottweiler has a lifespan much less than a smaller dog would.

If MORE dogs aren't actually getting cancer, then it’s because they are getting better treatment and living longer (because remember, if you live long enough, you WILL get cancer…at least until we find the “cure”).
A century ago it was heart disease not cancer that killed the most as far as diseases went.
I am sure there are environmental reasons for it…I’m pretty sure that Roundup is the actual Autism cause…but besides that, people are living longer lives, they have medications and treat for heart attacks and CHF.
I’ve had people tell me they can cure my arthritis pain in my spine with special water, or this or that diet, these supplements, this way of popping my back.
None of it, seems to do anything….but that is just me.
The actual medications come with a price too, there are side-effects.
I’m not against discussing ways to help our pets and our people, I just want all the facts.

No cancer is not inevitable. Cancer cells are destroyed by a healthy immune system. Those who get cancer have a compromised immune system, namely toxins in their drinking water supply or foods. Cancer epidemics where started post WW2, when scientists were experimenting with vaccines that caused cancer in humans.

No cancer is not inevitable. Cancer cells are destroyed by a healthy immune system. Those who get cancer have a compromised immune system, namely toxins in their drinking water supply or foods. Cancer epidemics where started post WW2, when scientists were experimenting with vaccines that caused cancer in humans.
I’ll bow out here…it wasn’t my intention to debate medical issues and their causes…I was just curious where you were getting your information…not trying to disprove…I just like to see the proof.

Awe man, just when I buy a comically sized rocket for Scruffy, it turns out it's cancerous?!

Dog%2Brocket.png

Okay, now that I have it out of my system.
Pet food is disgusting, and I wouldn't be surprised that it contains cancerous chemicals.
I feel like we find out that domesticated animals and humans are more closely connected than we'd think. We know that they have feelings, we know that they can get depressed, we know that they like routines -- they're us, basically. Let's give 'em good food, too.

"People once thought that cancer occurred because of a weakness in the body's immune system," says Yannelli, "but we have known for years that overall that is not the case. The immune system in cancer patients actually works quite well. Otherwise, they could not survive the disease for long periods of time nor could they fight off other viruses, which they routinely do. The problem is not that the immune system doesn't work; it is that the immune system doesn't recognize the tumor."

Source: http://www.research.uky.edu/odyssey/fall99/cancerkllers.html

This is quibbling over what we mean when we say 'healthy' immune system, but your speculation regarding the causes of cancer strike me as highly inappropriate and misleading.

I wouldn't eat that stuff, would you give it to your dog?

Would you feed chocolate to your dog simply because humans consume it? That isn't sound reasoning. Human biology and canine biology are different:

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/question348.htm

Last edited:
Source: http://www.research.uky.edu/odyssey/fall99/cancerkllers.html

This is quibbling over what we mean when we say 'healthy' immune system, but your speculation regarding the causes of cancer strike me as highly inappropriate and misleading.

Would you feed chocolate to your dog simply because humans consume it? That isn't sound reasoning. Human biology and canine biology are different:

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/question348.htm

I think that researcher is misleading. It has been known that people with cancer have weakened immune systems. Cancerous tumours- often occur due to an inability in the cells to stop multiplying, typically due to a mutation in the gene from exposure to toxins, fungi and viruses. The problem with some types of tumours is that they replicate via other methods, often attaching to yeast strains and propagating throughout the body. When the body lacks N.O., white cells cannot get to the tumours and multiplying strains that move via yeast strains. Often people who have cancer are also known to have a high level of yeast proliferation in their bodies as there is a high correlation between the two.

If you look at indigenous populations, there is no occurrence of cancer in their population. Therefore we have to assume that cancer is a human-made condition derivative of scientific technology and the promulgation of medical technology to treat the very thing we created in our environment.

There are obviously foods that I do not let my dog have: onions, chocolate, grapes, raw meat/fish etc. My point is that I give my dog the diet that is best for her.

I think that researcher is misleading. It has been known that people with cancer have weakened immune systems. Cancerous tumours- often occur due to an inability in the cells to stop multiplying, typically due to a mutation in the gene from exposure to toxins, fungi and viruses. The problem with some types of tumours is that they replicate via other methods, often attaching to yeast strains and propagating throughout the body. When the body lacks N.O., white cells cannot get to the tumours and multiplying strains that move via yeast strains. Often people who have cancer are also known to have a high level of yeast proliferation in their bodies as there is a high correlation between the two.

If you look at indigenous populations, there is no occurrence of cancer in their population. Therefore we have to assume that cancer is a human-made condition derivative of scientific technology and the promulgation of medical technology to treat the very thing we created in our environment.

There are obviously foods that I do not let my dog have: onions, chocolate, grapes, raw meat/fish etc. My point is that I give my dog the diet that is best for her.

As he stated, cancer patients can and do fight off infections and other diseases quite fine. Certain types of cancer can alter immunological functioning as may certain cancer treatments that may weaken the immune system, but that is after the fact and not before.

You seem very inclined to post hoc reasoning. There are very simple, though counterintuitive, reasons for higher prevalence of diseases and morbidity rates in societies with better healthcare than those without: People survive better. Dead people can't get sick.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs326/en/

Measuring by fitness does not make a society well. By that standard a society subscribing to social darwinism, who killed and/or allowed to die, any infirmity and/or illness would be the best.

Last edited:

This is a great article on how our bodies and immune systems regarding cancer function.
This is the main human component factor, dogs have a probably slightly different factor…this is the first and main inhibitor of tumorous or cancerous cell growth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumor_necrosis_factor_alpha

Interestingly, we have made certain drugs that metabolize this out of our bodies when in overproduction in the case or Rheumatoid arthritis…drugs such as Humira, Enbrel, Remicaid…there is an increased chance of certain cancers when taking them…but a poor immune system alone does NOT produce cancer necessarily.