Cancer in dogs skyrocketing. Cause the food with all the by-products? Worming meds? | INFJ Forum

Cancer in dogs skyrocketing. Cause the food with all the by-products? Worming meds?

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
I have to say I have lost two dogs to cancer in the last 1 1/2 years, and another about 11 years ago. Makes me feel snake bit. 8 years is not a dog's lifetime. Is it all the horse and other animal by-products they allow in dog food? The meds? Would they admit to it?

Reactions: Odyne
I have to say I have lost two dogs to cancer in the last 1 1/2 years, and another about 11 years ago. Makes me feel snake bit. 8 years is not a dog's lifetime. Is it all the horse and other animal by-products they allow in dog food? The meds? Would they admit to it?

That could be something to do with it, but a big part of it is also cumulative genetic problems from selective breeding finally catching up.

That could be something to do with it, but a big part of it is also cumulative genetic problems from selective breeding finally catching up.

German Shepherds and Siberian Huskies? The most selective dog breed we had was a Jack Russell Terrier that we just put down Mother's Day at almost 18 years old. I figure he lived a full life and miss him more than words can say, but was not angry at cancer and a short life. How are well known dogs that have been around so long any different than people when it comes to breeding?

German Shepherds and Siberian Huskies? The most selective dog breed we had was a Jack Russell Terrier that we just put down Mother's Day at almost 18 years old. I figure he lived a full life and miss him more than words can say, but was not angry at cancer and a short life. How are well known dogs that have been around so long any different than people when it comes to breeding?

Well they aren't that different. It happens to people too.

But yes, German Shepherds are one of the breeds unfortunately more predisposed to cancer.

Makes me almost want another small dog, though I love GSDs. I still think something else is adding to this.

Makes me almost want another small dog, though I love GSDs. I still think something else is adding to this.
There probably is but unfortunately even with the best care some dogs are just more prone to it. Just like some are more prone to cataracts or hip dysplasia.

Yes it is of course possible. Food is the most likely suspect.

I think food is a big part of it.

I think you'll find cancer rates in humans rising as well

It could be environmental factors as well. Certain moulds/fungi are known to cause cancer, as well as plants. Here in Australia we have a huge problem with a weed called bracken (a type of fern) whose abundance of air-borne spores are strongly correlated with leukemia.

It could be environmental factors as well. Certain moulds/fungi are known to cause cancer, as well as plants. Here in Australia we have a huge problem with a weed called bracken (a type of fern) whose abundance of air-borne spores are strongly correlated with leukemia.

So why would that cause more cancer?

There has always been braken...if anything there is probably less braken now due to the pressures on land use

So why would that cause more cancer?

There has always been braken...if anything there is probably less braken now due to the pressures on land use

Braken was an example of a naturally occurring cancer cause. Also, certain viruses can cause cancer.

If you look at the chain of food - not only for dogs - but for humans as well - you can see corn is at the base of it all. Even though we try to buy dog food containing some kind of meat (beef, lamb, chicken, salmon, etc) all of those creatures were fed corn.

Considering what goes into corn production these days I'd say we're ALL (dogs, cats, people) are being poisoned resulting in many diseases such as cancer. I'm hearing about dogs and cats getting diabetes. Diabetes!!! Strictly from being fed (allegedly) normal pet food.

Also - I just saw an article about pet Treats killing pets. They mostly blamed China (of course) - but there's direct evidence of pet food killing pets.

Reactions: muir
If you look at the chain of food - not only for dogs - but for humans as well - you can see corn is at the base of it all. Even though we try to buy dog food containing some kind of meat (beef, lamb, chicken, salmon, etc) all of those creatures were fed corn.

Considering what goes into corn production these days I'd say we're ALL (dogs, cats, people) are being poisoned resulting in many diseases such as cancer. I'm hearing about dogs and cats getting diabetes. Diabetes!!! Strictly from being fed (allegedly) normal pet food.

Also - I just saw an article about pet Treats killing pets. They mostly blamed China (of course) - but there's direct evidence of pet food killing pets.

Yup they stick corn syrup in ll processed foods to bulk it out

In the UK they use a lot of rapeseed oil

We are being exposed to a lot of stuff that we are not (through our evolution) supposed to be exposed to

Yup they stick corn syrup in ll processed foods to bulk it out

In the UK they use a lot of rapeseed oil

We are being exposed to a lot of stuff that we are not (through our evolution) supposed to be exposed to

...and I bet they add esters or compounds to it to make it long and have shelf life and taste etc....

From a chemistry perspective alone one can see that the liver is being pounded day in and day out with long chain molecules from the "processing food industry" it doesn't recognize - doesn't know what do with in terms of nutrition for the body - nor how to eliminate through normal body channels.

Yes! It's amazing to see the myriad vectors of poisoning all of us creatures on this planet are exposed to.

Cancer is certainly caused by countless environmental factors, but we cannot escape it. It is a fact of our biological selves: Our bodies are imperfect. Even if we can cure all illness beside cancer, and slow aging, eventually our bodies will make a replication error. It is a law of nature.

...and I bet they add esters or compounds to it to make it long and have shelf life and taste etc....

From a chemistry perspective alone one can see that the liver is being pounded day in and day out with long chain molecules from the "processing food industry" it doesn't recognize - doesn't know what do with in terms of nutrition for the body - nor how to eliminate through normal body channels.

Yes! It's amazing to see the myriad vectors of poisoning all of us creatures on this planet are exposed to.

Totally!

You might find this clip interesting as it supports what you are saying:

[video=youtube;mKTORFmMycQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTORFmMycQ[/video]

For anyone else reading this who is interested in what is happening with our food chain the film 'food inc' is worth a watch:

[video=youtube;2Oq24hITFTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oq24hITFTY[/video]

Yeh...I can't watch those videos about the food industry.
I've been there...done that...and witnessed first hand the horror of it all.

Being a chemical engineer has shown me what goes into "making" our food.

I am 'uniquely' qualified to see it all in action and know without doubt the Truth.

Still....people only believe what they see...don't they? So my perspective counts for nothing.

Yeh...I can't watch those videos about the food industry.
I've been there...done that...and witnessed first hand the horror of it all.

Being a chemical engineer has shown me what goes into "making" our food.

I am 'uniquely' qualified to see it all in action and know without doubt the Truth.

Still....people only believe what they see...don't they? So my perspective counts for nothing.

You know what i've found?

Most people don't know:

• whats in their food
  • what's in their drink
  • what's in their vaccines
  • who runs their economy
  • who controls the money supply
  • who controls the mainstream media

its a sorry state of affairs...but i think people are beginning to pay more attention (i know i am)

Reactions: Kgal