Can you tell someone's personality based on their hand writing? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can you tell someone's personality based on their hand writing?

Doubtful since almost everyone prints today. I also write in cursive and some of my friends who have known me for a long time know very little about me. because of my barriers.

I write exclusively in cursive....

... Because the only thing I hand write is my signature :p

I believe trained experts can tell certain personality traits about people by analyzing their handwriting. It's fascinating, I always wanted to get into it. A handwriting analyst is actually one of my dream jobs, but a part of me doesn't want to do it, because I would feel I would be invading people's inner most thoughts, lol.

I noticed you do the the mix of printing and cursive. When I researched hand writing analysis on my own, I read that people who print have issues with intimacy. Well, not so much intimacy, but letting people get to know them. Kind of like putting up barriers, and they have a hard time expressing their feelings. The fact that you were taking notes might have to do with the mixture, because the cursive is quicker to put down. Do you usually print? I suppose it's got to be hard to print during lecture, though.

The subconscious is embedded in each writing stroke, I just wish I knew more about it. Not to invade people's thoughts but to understand.

This is really cool.
Hmm, when I think of cursive I think very proper, nice writing that you learn in school when you're a little kid. My cursive tendencies have to do with laziness. I don't enjoy writing because my hand hurts from it, so I tend to try to hurry my writing.
If I'm just writing a few things down it will be in print. But it seems weird to say that everyone who prints has intimacy issues?

Thought we where going with INFP, although I kinda want to go with ISFP.

I was thinking ISFP a little to but she just gives off the intuitive vibe with the way she describes herself.

I was also wondering if we were right about infp.

I will tell.... later on.

But I would like more guesses first.

When I write responses I think I'm giving you some more clues (or at least it appears that way to me).

Maybe not your writing itself, but certainly the way the elements are just thrown onto the page with complete disregard to organization or structure.

Based on this, I would go INFP as well. But I don't know how conclusive this could be.

I see how the page would seem disorganized, because it totally is in a lot of ways. But to me there is organization. I'm not trying to debunk what you said, I'm just giving my idea of organization I guess.

To even pay enough attention to the teacher to write stuff down means organization to me. I think my idea of organization may be different from how others do it. I find that there is organization because there is a name "Journal 1", there are sections "1st chorus, "2nd" etc, and the doodles are kept away from the text. I circle and underline to make sure I remember certain parts.

One aspect of this may have to do with the fact that I'm a total perfectionist. If I mess up at any point, I kind of give up in a way.

When I look at the page I see organization. And I'm thinking that maybe my thoughts in my head are going at 100 miles per hr and this is the best I can do at that speed.

This is really cool.
Hmm, when I think of cursive I think very proper, nice writing that you learn in school when you're a little kid. My cursive tendencies have to do with laziness. I don't enjoy writing because my hand hurts from it, so I tend to try to hurry my writing.
If I'm just writing a few things down it will be in print. But it seems weird to say that everyone who prints has intimacy issues?

For printer people, I believe it said something more along the lines of taking longer to open up and harder to get to know... Guarded, maybe? It takes longer to print, but it's easier than cursive to read. Being easier to read is a bit counterintuitive to being harder to get to know, but since it takes longer to print, there's something to be said about someone who takes so long in expressing oneself on paper. That's how it kind of made sense to me, I think, lol.

It seems it's not a very accurate gauge, though.

Sorry to have gone off topic.

Oh, and I like your forum signature :)

For printer people, I believe it said something more along the lines of taking longer to open up and harder to get to know... Guarded, maybe? It takes longer to print, but it's easier than cursive to read. Being easier to read is a bit counterintuitive to being harder to get to know, but since it takes longer to print, there's something to be said about someone who takes so long in expressing oneself on paper. That's how it kind of made sense to me, I think, lol.

It seems it's not a very accurate gauge, though.

Sorry to have gone off topic.

Oh, and I like your forum signature :)

I see.
And off topicness is okay.

Thanks. My signature is very true to my personality type, I think.

I believe trained experts can tell certain personality traits about people by analyzing their handwriting. It's fascinating, I always wanted to get into it. A handwriting analyst is actually one of my dream jobs, but a part of me doesn't want to do it, because I would feel I would be invading people's inner most thoughts, lol.

I noticed you do the the mix of printing and cursive. When I researched hand writing analysis on my own, I read that people who print have issues with intimacy. Well, not so much intimacy, but letting people get to know them. Kind of like putting up barriers, and they have a hard time expressing their feelings. The fact that you were taking notes might have to do with the mixture, because the cursive is quicker to put down. Do you usually print? I suppose it's got to be hard to print during lecture, though.

The subconscious is embedded in each writing stroke, I just wish I knew more about it. Not to invade people's thoughts but to understand.
Sorry, but I don't believe a word of this. While the subconscious may in some way affect "each writing stroke" the actual information would far too subtly contained, as well as being affected by other factors in the writing which can't be controlled, like the pen used, paper, actual shapes for the letters that she was taught.
As for putting up barriers, and other things, I think as much ground is held here as with palm reading. Perhaps a long time ago when handwriting analyzing was invented, its inventor had coincidental "problems with intimacy" that had reflections in handwriting. But if one took a truly wide sample of people, I really would be surprised to find a correlation. Or, look at it this way - after age 12 or so, handwriting doesn't really change. But one's habits of putting up barriers, and ease with which they express themselves, change frequently with age, and handwriting can't always reflect that.
Also, confirmation bias - "Well, I have a lot of friends, so let's see...yeah, I guess I do make my 'S's look pretty squiggly, I never noticed that before."

The real personality is in the content and organization of the writing, not the physical script.

I am secretly into calligraphy but for my daily writing I'm a block capitals girl. From that you can infer I have very little patience with people who can't read my handwriting so I give them no excuses. Sometimes I handwrite business letters because the printer at work hates me. No one's ever complained but I wouldn't care if they did. I also rarely make spelling errors when I write but when I type I get their and there mixed up constantly.

Well I would post my handwriting on here but nobody would be able to read it. :) I always right very quickly and basically am the only one who can read it. I also doddle a lot and it tends to be symmetrical shapes. Anybody who asks to see my notes I warn them they should get it from somebody else. When I write slow I can write well but I am writing the notes for myself so I don't care. Part of the problem that makes it so hard to read though is I write small and my letters are close together.

Can we get a verdict now? I'm so eager to know!

Oh, sorry.

INFJ.
Feel free to blatantly object.

I'm sorry I made you cry.

:(

Lol, it would actually be interesting if someone did object.

And yes.

I'm sure of the I, the N, and the F. And I've become sure of the J as of late.
The J was trickier to determine because people kept saying J's are more so organized than P's.
I am terribly outwardly unorganized. So that always threw me off. But inside my head there is perfect organization.
Then I heard other things and for that J suited me better. I think I heard that P's tend to be way more spontanteous than J's. I'm the total opposite of that horrible word. :p

If I post my handwriting, can someone say what type they think I'd be based on that?

You should try it.
Somebody would probably be willing to try to analyze it.
Maybe not the most scientific thing in the world, but it makes for some decent fun.