Can you tell someone's personality based on their hand writing? | INFJ Forum

Can you tell someone's personality based on their hand writing?

aerosol

American trash
Jan 16, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was sitting in Music class today and realized that the way I write stuff down is different from how others seem to do it. Everyone has a different style and different hand writing for sure, but it seems like most people at least try to write stuff down neatly and leave it at that. Well, not me...

Can you tell something about my personality based on only this? (Pretend you know nothing else about me, and some of you actually don't. Some may not even know my MBTI type)

More info:
- I always doodle
- I always circle/underline stuff that I think is extra important to remember
- I was writing down stuff that had to do with my class but was also trying to count my credits and when I will be able to graduate. And some other stuff.
- Everything is always very disorganized when I write it down. That goes for most other aspects of my life as well, but not my mind. Everything is always perfectly organized inside my head.
- I was pretty bored in this class, and that maybe is the reason for the excessive doodleing.
- I don't like clean, crisp pages. My notebooks are all wrinkly and dirty and stuff. I think I get melancholic whenever I have to turn the page because I know I will make the new sheet of paper unperfect by writing stuff on it.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Your daydreaming/doodling while still being able to pseudo pay attention speaks to me as an intuitive.

Use of the word melancholy: feeler

Your handwriting seems very Pish but you could be a J. Since music didn't seem like a priority, I'll go with P.

Although it'd be hard to tell introvert vs extravert just from a drawing, I sense an introvert due to the time it looks like you spent on it. As opposed to being focused on those around you in class, you decided to doodle and not interact. You're also a member of this forum and have a post per day count of over 5 so chances are, you're an introvert.

I'll guess INFP.

Music is def a priority. I love it.
But I kinda don't enjoy theory very much. I'd rather just listen and not bother about chord progressions and such.

Why does my hand writing seem "P-ish"?

No, not left handed. Does it seem like I am?

That would be cool.

Your daydreaming/doodling while still being able to pseudo pay attention speaks to me as an intuitive.

Use of the word melancholy: feeler

Your handwriting seems very Pish but you could be a J. Since music didn't seem like a priority, I'll go with P.

Although it'd be hard to tell introvert vs extravert just from a drawing, I sense an introvert due to the time it looks like you spent on it. As opposed to being focused on those around you in class, you decided to doodle and not interact. You're also a member of this forum and have a post per day count of over 5 so chances are, you're an introvert.

I'll guess INFP.

i was gonna say estj :|

Though to be serious, I have been actually thinking about that for quite a while now. I think it can relay something to type, but not completely.

Reactions: aerosol
No, not left handed. Does it seem like I am?

That would be cool.

Not really, just the parts that seem to be written more quickly look a bit like it but since the note book is flipped with the spine on the right that can mess up my perception of it too. I figured you weren't since nothing was smeared, lol.

Forgot to say that for the most part you can't really interact with others in this class. It'll be really quiet and the teacher will tell you to hush if you talk to others, so all you can really do is stare at the wall/do nothing/doodle.

Forgot to say that for the most part you can't really interact with others in this class. It'll be really quiet and the teacher will tell you to hush if you talk to others, so all you can really do is stare at the wall/do nothing/doodle.

Nope, just because you can't speak doesn't mean you can't communicate. Body language/facial expressions. It matters where you are focused. Doodling is internally focused.

It just has that vibe. Like you're not concerned with the details of it.

I tried to think if I care about the details just now, and my conclusion is that I really do although it doesn't show too much.
If I didn't care I wouldn't circle or underline.

Even when writing the simplest responses to people on here I take a lot of time.
Every detail must be right.

Nope, just because you can't speak doesn't mean you can't communicate. Body language/facial expressions. It matters where you are focused. Doodling is internally focused.

I was thinking about that but brushed it off because that teacher calls you out on even looking at other people or any kind of communication like that (smiles, random laughs ("what's so funny, miss?")). And he HATES texting. One time someone had to leave the reminder of the class cuz of a text.

He kind of reminds me of a nazi.

I tried to think if I care about the details just now, and my conclusion is that I really do although it doesn't show too much.
If I didn't care I wouldn't circle or underline.

Even when writing the simplest responses to people on here I take a lot of time.
Every detail must be right.

I'm not talking about the content of the writing, it's the actual writing itself. I couldn't read what you wrote so I just looked at style of the writing and how it's organized.

I'm not talking about the content of the writing, it's the actual writing itself. I couldn't read what you wrote so I just looked at style of the writing and how it's organized.

I'm realizing now that I don't think the hand writing itself says anything about the person.
My writing looks almost exactly like my mom's, and I'm nothing like her, ha.

I guess so much for those "hand writing analysis machines". I don't know if that is something people have around the world, but I remember going to the county fair when I was little in Sweden, and they had these little machines to analyze your hand writing.

If somebody knows if the actual hand writing has anything to do with personality then he or she should speak up. It would be interesting to learn more about.

I'm realizing now that I don't think the hand writing itself says anything about the person.
My writing looks almost exactly like my mom's, and I'm nothing like her, ha.

I guess so much for those "hand writing analysis machines". I don't know if that is something people have around the world, but I remember going to the county fair when I was little in Sweden, and they had these little machines to analyze your hand writing.

If somebody knows if the actual hand writing has anything to do with personality then he or she should speak up. It would be interesting to learn more about.

It was just the impression I got. I used my intuition. Was i right? I think not because I sense a sensor.

I believe trained experts can tell certain personality traits about people by analyzing their handwriting. It's fascinating, I always wanted to get into it. A handwriting analyst is actually one of my dream jobs, but a part of me doesn't want to do it, because I would feel I would be invading people's inner most thoughts, lol.

I noticed you do the the mix of printing and cursive. When I researched hand writing analysis on my own, I read that people who print have issues with intimacy. Well, not so much intimacy, but letting people get to know them. Kind of like putting up barriers, and they have a hard time expressing their feelings. The fact that you were taking notes might have to do with the mixture, because the cursive is quicker to put down. Do you usually print? I suppose it's got to be hard to print during lecture, though.

The subconscious is embedded in each writing stroke, I just wish I knew more about it. Not to invade people's thoughts but to understand.

Why does my hand writing seem "P-ish"?
Maybe not your writing itself, but certainly the way the elements are just thrown onto the page with complete disregard to organization or structure.

Based on this, I would go INFP as well. But I don't know how conclusive this could be.

I noticed you do the the mix of printing and cursive. When I researched hand writing analysis on my own, I read that people who print have issues with intimacy. Well, not so much intimacy, but letting people get to know them. Kind of like putting up barriers, and they have a hard time expressing their feelings. .

Doubtful since almost everyone prints today. I also write in cursive and some of my friends who have known me for a long time know very little about me. because of my barriers.