Can you help me find my type? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Can you help me find my type?

That's a pretty strong Fi in comparison to the other functions for a first time test. Are you sure you're truly not INFP, or is it that you don't want to be an INFP? Of course, you would know best, but a lot of times once you learn about MBTI you have to ask yourself the difference between who you are and who you want to be.

ISTJ might be you. They use Si first and Te second, as you've probably heard by now. Do you think you use those functions? As an INFJ, it's very difficult to try to explain an ISTJ's style of thinking, because they literally use the cognitive functions in the exact opposite way of an INFJ, so I'm not sure if I'm helping too much. :(

Piggybacking on what others have said...

Sometimes we want to be a certain time, and sometimes we feel we "can't" be a certain type because of seeing (or reading) a negative depiction of that type. If it's any consolation I get a small "SJ" vibe from you based on your description. Also? Don't put all types in a box. We all have a mixture of every cognitive process in us and some of us have overcompensated with those processes (while remaining our correct types).

Try this site: http://www.bestfittype.com/. Look at some of the descriptions, get an idea if any of those descriptions fit you. Try on a description for a while, and see if you can "be" that type.

Sometimes it's like trying on a new outfit...you have to see what it looks like in the mirror first before buying it.

That's a pretty strong Fi in comparison to the other functions for a first time test. Are you sure you're truly not INFP, or is it that you don't want to be an INFP? Of course, you would know best, but a lot of times once you learn about MBTI you have to ask yourself the difference between who you are and who you want to be.
Yeah, I know. I was just showing that to show that I can easily misinterpret questions on these sort of tests. Yes, I am absolutely positive that I am not an INFP. Don't get me wrong, I think that it'd be great to be an INFP, but I do not completely understand intuition, nor do I think I ever will.

ISTJ might be you. They use Si first and Te second, as you've probably heard by now. Do you think you use those functions? As an INFJ, it's very difficult to try to explain an ISTJ's style of thinking, because they literally use the cognitive functions in the exact opposite way of an INFJ, so I'm not sure if I'm helping too much. :(
It's funny that you mention that it could be that I simply do not want to be INFP. Well, while ISTJ is probably my best fit. A lot of people point me in that direction, but I usually make excuses or ask questions that point me in a direction of another type. Why? I'm not very fond of other ISTJ's, or really any SJ type with a strong J preference. For example, my previous history teacher was ESxJ (most likely T). She is an extreme stickler for rules and it drove me crazy. But I suppose most people disliked her for the same reason. Also, I dislike being put in the same category as Hank Hill and Jerry Seinfeld. They drive me crazy how boring they are. Jerry Seinfeld is NOT, I repeat, is NOT funny, nor will he ever be funny. But I guess ISTJ is a good fit for me, so I'll keep it for now (until I come up with another excuse). ;)

Piggybacking on what others have said...

Sometimes we want to be a certain time, and sometimes we feel we "can't" be a certain type because of seeing (or reading) a negative depiction of that type. If it's any consolation I get a small "SJ" vibe from you based on your description. Also? Don't put all types in a box. We all have a mixture of every cognitive process in us and some of us have overcompensated with those processes (while remaining our correct types).

Try this site: http://www.bestfittype.com/. Look at some of the descriptions, get an idea if any of those descriptions fit you. Try on a description for a while, and see if you can "be" that type.

Sometimes it's like trying on a new outfit...you have to see what it looks like in the mirror first before buying it.

Hehe thanks a lot. I like that last sentence there. :D Yeah, I think I'm sticking with ISTJ.

I do not believe myself to be an INFP, but it just goes to show how bad I am at tests. :/

Because you Fi is clearly dominate, you have to be either an ISFP or INFP. Therefore I once again say you are ISFP.

Really though, you are still young and are likely still developing your functions by alot.

Oh here. I took a self-test that someone had in a book about MBTI. It was very helpful and I think that these are more along the lines of my real function order. These are the percentages out of a possible 100 for each function.

Si - 67.5
Se - 57.5
Te - 57.5
Fi - 44.444
Ti - 44
Fe - 38.182
Ne - 10
Ni - 8.57

Now, this makes way more sense if I really am an ISTJ. Si > Se = Te > Fi > Ti > Fe > Ne > Ni. As you can see, my intuitive functions are at the bottom. I really don't use them very often at all.

Oh here. I took a self-test that someone had in a book about MBTI. It was very helpful and I think that these are more along the lines of my real function order.

Do you know the name of the book? I would be interested in reading it.