Can you help me find my type? | INFJ Forum

Can you help me find my type?

Well.... take this.
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=1985567502425606155

Also, you've already narrowed S down, so that's one less letter to worry about.

E/I is pretty easy to figure out.

Do you get energy from being around a lot of people, or does it drain you?
Do you prefer to have a large group of friends, or perhaps one or two close friends that you can share your inner thoughts to?

Those questions might solve E vs I right off the bat.

Reading the other thread, you see to dub yourself more of an E.

Last edited:
I really found it weird how much I made myself sound like an extravert. I am very reserved in my feelings and never share them with anyone. While I get energized from socializing, it depends on the socialization. Usually I'm the one listening and someone else is talking. Here are my test results.

ISTJ - The Inspector
Your Type is 0% Extroverted, 50% Observant, 88% Logical and 69% Structured
Your type is known as the inspector, and the single word that describes your is superdependable. You also belong to the larger group of guardians. You look carefully at the people and institutions around you and notice every last detail. You feel it is up to you to make sure those around you uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct. You are down to earth, with a distaste for fanciful things. You prefer things practical to new-fangled. Your word is your bond. You have no problem with detail. You share your type with 10% of the population.
As a romantic partner, you are dependable and predictable. You usually like things done in very specific ways. You tend to appreciate tradition, and you work hard to achieve goals. You have trouble sharing your feelings, though. In your eagerness to be organized and productive, you can also be unwilling to examine or embrace alternative points of view. You like to be appreciated for your practical contributions, your common sense, and the efforts you make to keep your life on track. You like to be thanked often, both informally and formally and are most likely to be upset when your partner forgets a tradition you hold dear, such as an anniversary.

I was debating ISTJ before...

Alright, so I and S are pretty much consistent.

Now you have to figure out T/J.

T vs F really isn't that hard to figure out either. I think that, for me, P/J is the most difficult to determine.

It's really hard to be a F and mistake yourself for a T, vise versa, if you are a particularly strong T or F.

So...What do you think you lean more towards? T/F, and why?

Okay. Let's see... I like logic and math. I like things to be fair. I don't like it when people are too hypersensetive or too hyposensetive. I can be critical of others. Apparently I am not very empathetic. I don't like it when people are too clingy/needy. I dislike criticism and compliments because they usually make me feel bad. Um... how's that so far?

*edit* Thanks Jasmine. I'll look at that too.

*edit2* Ugh. I'm torn between the last two letters with that link. :/

Last edited:
That sounds pretty T.

IST.

Well, basically, I suppose the difference between J and P is going to be

J's prefer structure, schedules, etc. it helps them work for some reason. I also notice that Js tend to be more...well...judging. FJs can be quite rigid in their beliefs sometimes. I don't know, TJs could likely be the same but I haven't had as much exposure to them.

P's prefer NO STRUCTURE, NO RULES, MASS CHAOS!
devil-smiley-076.gif

Alright...maybe that isn't accurate. P's just work better with flexible schedules, or even better, no schedules. Basically, structure saps them. They just can't work that way. And Ps are more likely to not want to have their freedom restricted.

Anyway...P or J? What do you think?

You just tested J, but maybe that test is rigged.

Um... well I think when I was younger I was more P. Now I'm not sure which. I suppose I like structure, but I don't like routine. I get bored and need a change every once in a while. I like to go places and do things and I hate sitting around the house all day.

How I found I was a J instead of a P was I have to plan things or else I get anxious, while the P's I know can just go with the flow.

EDIT:

Oops, didn't see that Slant already described J and P :)

Last edited:
I don't like routine. J/P is the hardest for me to diagnose.

Maybe the J can "judge" if you are J/P. What do you think Jasmine?

Oh, and always remember, be honest with your answers. My roommate and my mother are both INTJ's. Whenever I take a Myers Brigg test I would always get INTJ. I realize now I just wanted to be an INTJ. Also, for the longest time I thought I was an Introvert, and disliked Extroverts, especially the way my mother talked about them, but now I realize I'm actually an extrovert.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Whenever I take tests, I usually get the result that I think I am when I take the test or what I want to be, no matter how hard I try. I think it's my subconscious doing it. lol D:

I don't like routine. J/P is the hardest for me to diagnose.

Maybe the J can "judge" if you are J/P. What do you think Jasmine?

I can't tell, J/P is also the hardest for me to diagnose. I have to know the person well before I can decide. I'm going to have to say P. I know that I need structure or else I'm just a disorganized mess. P's are a lot more spontaneous, while that just creates anxiety for the J.

I think what really helped me figure out J vs P was the internal process. For a person to come out as a J on the mbti means that their internal process is a perceiving one and therefore needs to have closure on the outside world. My internal processes are very chaotic full of possibilities but when it comes to the outside world I need for my enviroment to have structure and order or else I go crazy, I need a sense of direction and a plan in what I'm getting myself into. If your preference is for the Perceiving function that means that you use the J in the inside world of your thoughts and feelings. I don't know how introverted judgin would look like so I can't say too much about it but I suppose that inside of a Perceivers mind they have a sense of plan on how they want to be it's just their outside enviroment that needs to be filled with options and variety. I really don't know I'm just saying bs with the last sentence but that's how I think you can decide on those functions.

Keep posting...

If you're confident with IST, then you could also try figuring out J/P through the cognitive functions.

J would mean using Introverted Sensing (Si) first, and then Extraverted Thinking (Te) second. Si has to do with following traditions and comparing present to the past, from what I've read. Te has to do with organizing the outside world, like through charts and tables. (I think; I don't use these two functions so I might be a little off. =P)

P would mean using Introverted Thinking (Ti) first, and then Extraverted Sensing (Se) second. Ti has to do with analyzing concepts/ideas. Se has to do with living in the moment and "just having fun."

Which two functions do you think you'd use more often?

I can't tell, J/P is also the hardest for me to diagnose. I have to know the person well before I can decide. I'm going to have to say P. I know that I need structure or else I'm just a disorganized mess. P's are a lot more spontaneous, while that just creates anxiety for the J.
Most people I've met get most confused when I ask about judging and perceiving. Most people can agree that I'm borderline and it's hard to tell which way I fall. I suppose I like things organized, but I'm not at all organized myself.

I think what really helped me figure out J vs P was the internal process. For a person to come out as a J on the mbti means that their internal process is a perceiving one and therefore needs to have closure on the outside world. My internal processes are very chaotic full of possibilities but when it comes to the outside world I need for my enviroment to have structure and order or else I go crazy, I need a sense of direction and a plan in what I'm getting myself into. If your preference is for the Perceiving function that means that you use the J in the inside world of your thoughts and feelings. I don't know how introverted judgin would look like so I can't say too much about it but I suppose that inside of a Perceivers mind they have a sense of plan on how they want to be it's just their outside enviroment that needs to be filled with options and variety. I really don't know I'm just saying bs with the last sentence but that's how I think you can decide on those functions.

Keep posting...

Um... sorry, you lost me there.

ISTP, huh? If you turn out to be an ISTP I'd be glad to share my special ISTP trophy that I have stashed here...somewhereee.....o where? -looks through piles of junk-

Um... sorry, you lost me there.

LOL, I know, after I read it again I knew it was going to be too complicated for anyone to understand. I'll try to make it more simpler next time don't worry :p

If you're confident with IST, then you could also try figuring out J/P through the cognitive functions.

J would mean using Introverted Sensing (Si) first, and then Extraverted Thinking (Te) second. Si has to do with following traditions and comparing present to the past, from what I've read. Te has to do with organizing the outside world, like through charts and tables. (I think; I don't use these two functions so I might be a little off. =P)

P would mean using Introverted Thinking (Ti) first, and then Extraverted Sensing (Se) second. Ti has to do with analyzing concepts/ideas. Se has to do with living in the moment and "just having fun."

Which two functions do you think you'd use more often?

Well, I know that ISTJ fits with my Fi, but I've never really looked at the main two functions. Smart, I know. :rolleyes: I'll have to fetch some good descriptions, I guess.