Can you help me find my type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can you help me find my type?

ISTP, huh? If you turn out to be an ISTP I'd be glad to share my special ISTP trophy that I have stashed here...somewhereee.....o where? -looks through piles of junk-

Hehe. Well, I'm close. :D

LOL, I know, after I read it again I knew it was going to be too complicated for anyone to understand. I'll try to make it more simpler next time don't worry :p

Muchas gracias. :m111:

LOL, I know, after I read it again I knew it was going to be too complicated for anyone to understand. I'll try to make it more simpler next time don't worry :p

I understood, but then again, I just drank an energy drink and I'm bouncing around the, erm, forum walls.

K... let's see...

ISFP
You scored 61 Introversion, 26 iNtuitiveness, 54 Feelingness and 13 Judgingness!

You are gentle and kind, wearing your heart just under your sleeve so people can only sort of see it. You are in to personal relationships, art, fashion, and probably the Democratic party. Kindness, helpfulness, self expression, and good vibes are what you are all about. You might have an alter ego...THE PERFORMER. Suddenly when you are on stage, you are the coolest person alive. The sexy eye, the outlandish clothes, the explosive stage presence. ISFP's make good rock stars. People can understand their lyrics. They aren't preachy, and they are pretty creative. That pretty much sums you up, even if you aren't a rock star.
Extrovert: You are internally focused

Sensing: You are concrete

Feeling: You use feeling to make decisions

Judging: You primarily use your sense of beauty to affect your actions

Um... that's not right.

Thanks. I'm terrible at placing myself into these. Does that relate to a function? :/
Unfortunately, not any that I can think of...

Maybe if you describe your "typical day" to us and what thoughts go through your mind, we can try to help you a bit better.

How do you know it's not right?

Well, tbh I don't know. But I do know that I'm not artistic or creative like an ISFP. An I'd much rather fit in than be an individual. Right now I don't fit in anywhere.

Unfortunately, not any that I can think of...

Maybe if you describe your "typical day" to us and what thoughts go through your mind, we can try to help you a bit better.

Hoo boy. That's going to take some typing. Hold on...

Uh okay. Let's take a typical weekday when school is in session. (Yes, I'm in high school, but don't use that as an excuse of why I can't figure out my type. I've been there, done that.) Okay, I wake up in the morning after staying up all night on the computer too long. I hit the snooze button about a thousand times until my mom comes in my room and yells at me to get up. :m050: I like getting up at 6am because I can take as long as I want to get ready when I leave at 7:15am. I don't like being rushed. I put on my clothes, then lay in bed or watch TV for a half an hour before I go and put in my contacts and do whatever else I have to do. I eat breakfast in the car while I'm being driven to school. In the morning, I usually don't think of anything on the drive there because I'm too sleepy. :m082: If I am thinking of something, it's usually me trying to figure out how I can finish the homework I didn't do before each period. Or I am worried about what other people are thinking of me (I have low self-esteem). So I get to class and I don't talk to that many people. I don't initiate conversations so I don't have many friends or people to talk with. If I have absolutely nothing to do, I pretend that I'm preoccupied with something so I don't seem like I have no friends. I stay pretty attentive during class and try to listen to what the teacher is saying. Sometimes I fall asleep because the teachers are too boring and I haven't slept that much the night before. :m038: When school ends I have to wait for my mom to pick me up again. Emphasis on the wait. :m080: She takes forever to get there. :/ Anyway, when I get picked up I am relieved that I am no longer in an environment where I am judged on my looks, etc. When I get home, I go on the computer or watch TV until I have to get ready to go to my dance classes. I like to get dressed for dance with plenty of time to spare time because, again, I don't like to be rushed. I like to take my time. When my mom drives me to dance I like to have the radio on in the car and I like to stare out the window. I may be looking out the window, but I am not paying complete attention to my surroundings. I let my mind wander and I daydream or do some thinking. It may be silly, but it's one of my favorite things to do. I just love long car rides where I get to look out the window. Unfortunately, because of this, I have no sense of direction. :m190: At dance class, I like being worked. No matter how much I hate it at the time, afterwards, I get a sense of accomplishment. I love it when we really get down to business there and do some hard work. There's just something great about it. I don't, however, like to be called out because I am doing something wrong. That makes me feel horrible. After dance class I do more waiting for my parents to come pick me up and head home. :m080: There I just laze around the house, take a shower, go on forums on my laptop, then retreat to my messy room to go to bed for the next day.

Something of note: I try to be organized in my work habits, but sometimes I get lazy and things get disorganized. Being organized takes a lot of work.

And there you have it. A typical day of mine. I tried to underline things that might be important and I added a few monkeys. :m111:

Last edited:
Hmm... after reading that, I'm not so sure if I'd think of you as a Sensor. You might be an Intuitive. I think that mostly because you say you like to plan out how to finish your homework, and you think a lot about what other people think about you. You also mentioned daydreaming, which is definately an N trait. But you could also still be an S. I'm not sure on that one. You seem to be introverted though.

Fe would cause you to be very self-conscious (being aware of other people's thoughts/feelings) so it's possible you may use that a lot. INFJs are actually stereotypically known for that.

Based on that, how does ISFJ sound to you? If not, what about ISTP?

Hmm... after reading that, I'm not so sure if I'd think of you as a Sensor. You might be an Intuitive. I think that mostly because you say you like to plan out how to finish your homework, and you think a lot about what other people think about you. You also mentioned daydreaming, which is definately an N trait. But you could also still be an S. I'm not sure on that one. You seem to be introverted though.

Fe would cause you to be very self-conscious (being aware of other people's thoughts/feelings) so it's possible you may use that a lot. INFJs are actually stereotypically known for that.

Based on that, how does ISFJ sound to you? If not, what about ISTP?

N? I don't really think so. It's not completely daydreaming. I like to think about things too.

I think that I'm using Fe in an unhealthy way. There are two ways I use Fe. 1. When I am polite. 2. When I worry about other people's feelings. That is doesn't really sound healthy to me. I do not like to hug people, I do not like to listen to people's problems and feelings, I do not like to express my feelings, I dislike overly sensitive people, etc. I discovered this "unhealthy Fe" in middle school, around seventh grade. It was then that I realized that I had a bunch of nerdy friends and that I looked like a retard. Thus, "unhealthy Fe" was born. Before middle school, Fe did not play a big role in my life.

The descriptions sort of fit me, but I say that with every description. I've yet to find my best-fit.

Last edited:
Oh, I'd also like to add that whatever type I am, I don't think I am a very healthy one. I haven't been truly happy since elementary school. I've been taking this test every so often to compare my results. The only constant thing I've noticed is that both intuitive functions are always at the bottom. Everything else is random. My most recent test came out as ESTP with functions as follows: Ti = Si > Fe = Se = Fi = Ne = Te > Ni

:/

Si first with Fe next would be ISFJ, but you aren't sure if that fits you. Ti first with Se second would be ISTP, which also doesn't seem to fit you. Those combinations are based from your cognitive functions test results.

You may not fit into a type at all. Perhaps you've balanced out your functions through stress to the point where you barely fit into any one description? If you have a close trusted friend, perhaps you can have them help you out a bit. Sometimes it's difficult to be objective when the subject is yourself. They might be able to help describe you. ;)

Oh, I'd also like to add that whatever type I am, I don't think I am a very healthy one. I haven't been truly happy since elementary school. I've been taking this test every so often to compare my results. The only constant thing I've noticed is that both intuitive functions are always at the bottom. Everything else is random. My most recent test came out as ESTP with functions as follows: Ti = Si > Fe = Se = Fi = Ne = Te > Ni

:/

Either you don't know yourself very well, you are still young (under 16), or you truly have no functional prefrence.

Maybe you are still developing who you are so you don't fit into one category yet.

Maybe you are still developing who you are so you don't fit into one category yet.
This is also possible.

Though assuming you're at least a teen, you might have an idea of which temperament you belong to, at least. Which of these do you think sounds like you? I'll just number them so you're not biased towards the sensor types, just in case you fit better into an intuitive temperament. ;)

1) You value security and rules. You may feel aggrivated when others do not follow rules as much as you do. You'd make a great leader, and love cold hard facts.

2) You are logical and practical. You are very precise and love knowledge. You like analyzing systems and theories.

3) Your ideals drive you to make others better people. You dislike when others argue and can be sensitive. You may be imaginative and creative.

4) You love having fun above anything! Anything that you can do right now that may prove to be fun is your top priority, whether it be playing a game with friends or building something. You're usually laid back.

Any of these jump out at you? If not, as others have said, it's possible you don't know yourself too well. Perhaps some introspection can solve that. ;)

Either you don't know yourself very well, you are still young (under 16), or you truly have no functional prefrence.
Yeah, I'm 15, but I've noticed that people my age already know their type and are very confident in it.

:m033:

This is also possible.

Though assuming you're at least a teen, you might have an idea of which temperament you belong to, at least. Which of these do you think sounds like you? I'll just number them so you're not biased towards the sensor types, just in case you fit better into an intuitive temperament. ;)

1) You value security and rules. You may feel aggrivated when others do not follow rules as much as you do. You'd make a great leader, and love cold hard facts.

2) You are logical and practical. You are very precise and love knowledge. You like analyzing systems and theories.

3) Your ideals drive you to make others better people. You dislike when others argue and can be sensitive. You may be imaginative and creative.

4) You love having fun above anything! Anything that you can do right now that may prove to be fun is your top priority, whether it be playing a game with friends or building something. You're usually laid back.

Any of these jump out at you? If not, as others have said, it's possible you don't know yourself too well. Perhaps some introspection can solve that. ;)

Unfortunately, I already know which goes with what temperament. 1. SJ 2. NT 3. NF 4. SP. Maybe learning about MBTI was a bad idea at my age. I'd be inclined to say number four, but that's only because it fits with the life that I would like to live.

Yeah, I'm 15, but I've noticed that people my age already know their type and are very confident in it.

Doesn't mean they are right. When I was 15 I thought I was so sure that I was an INFP, and that is very wrong. I saw it as an "ideal" for myself and how I wanted to be and be seen, so I latched onto it.

Unfortunately, I already know which goes with what temperament. 1. SJ 2. NT 3. NF 4. SP. Maybe learning about MBTI was a bad idea at my age. I'd be inclined to say number four, but that's only because it fits with the life that I would like to live.
Very good. =P That's tough, knowing which you'd rather be, because then you're biased. I'd say ask a friend to help you out a bit. You don't even have to mention MBTI. You could just say, "Do you think of me like _____ or ____?"

Very good. =P That's tough, knowing which you'd rather be, because then you're biased. I'd say ask a friend to help you out a bit. You don't even have to mention MBTI. You could just say, "Do you think of me like _____ or ____?"

Hmmm... that's a good idea. I'd probably have to use family members, though. In the meantime, I averaged out some function scores on a test to see how it looks. This is an obvious test, so my answers probably biased also. It goes Fi = Ti > Si = Te > Se > Fe > Ne > Ni. The first type I asked for type help, an ISTJ responded that I sounded like them, so it is very probable that I could be one. Just to show how bad I am at tests, these are results to the first ever function test I took. It was not an obvious test to me at the time and it just goes to show how wrongly I interpreted the questions.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************************** (56.7)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation