Can you change your type? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Can you change your type?

Nobody is lying. We are listening and trying to help. We are listening because we do not have all of the information, yet. Making jabs at each other does not help anyone. Connections are being made and conclusions jumped to from them without even giving Scientia a chance to speak. We've been doing far more talking than she has, and I think it would be best to listen first, before assuming anything else.

I would agree. I gave my feedback and Matt3737 responded in a nasty manner, not scientia. I wasn't attacking anyone with what I said. My opinion and observations are just as valid as anyone else's. And she can speak up for herself.

Reactions: aeon
I would agree. I gave my feedback and Matt3737 responded in a nasty manner, not scientia. I wasn't attacking anyone with what I said. My opinion and observations are just as valid as anyone else's. And she can speak up for herself.

I know this. You have a straightforward manner, and it is refreshing. I'm just not sure how calling someone a dumbass is helpful, except maybe to get one's own frustration off one's chest. I've heard far worse, members going f'ing insane and spewing giant streams of vitriol, on other members' personal blogs, no less, but it is still an attack, even if it's a minor one.

I know this. You have a straightforward manner, and it is refreshing. I'm just not sure how calling someone a dumbass is helpful, except maybe to get one's own frustration off one's chest. I've heard far worse, members going f'ing insane and spewing giant streams of vitriol, on other members' personal blogs, no less, but it is still an attack, even if it's a minor one.

Well sure. I definitely attacked him by calling him a dumbass and I meant it. I thought you were talking about attacking scientia. That I was not doing.

Reactions: aeon

"other members ?" do you mean me @hush. I didn't do it, it was some other guy.. I was outta town.. it was...
@Milktoast Bandit , he did it.. I saw it all. Anyway that SOB @Scientia sprayed me with Lysol unprovoked, I didn't do nothing. @Anywhere But Here started the whole thing, she pushed me..

And that is the whole honest to god story, apart from all the things I made up..

I am going to take a break..

Well sure. I definitely attacked him by calling him a dumbass and I meant it. I thought you were talking about attacking scientia. That I was not doing.

You were a bit harsh, but I think you were trying to help and not sugarcoat anything, and perhaps offer an alternate perspective, and I do still think she should be given the chance to speak first, before drawing any further conclusions.

Although... when I say giant streams of vitriol, I mean it, like a dozen nasty, nasty posts that had to be taken down... and like four on their profile, so maybe my standards for what is considered an attack have gone up a bit, compared to that shitshow of profanity, caps lock, and severely... colorful language.

"other members ?" do you mean me @hush. I didn't do it, it was some other guy.. I was outta town.. it was...
@Milktoast Bandit , he did it.. I saw it all. Anyway that SOB @Scientia sprayed me with Lysol unprovoked, I didn't do nothing. @Anywhere But Here started the whole thing, she pushed me..

And that is the whole honest to god story, apart from all the things I made up..

I am going to take a break..

Why you always gotta blame Milky? It's because he stole the toast and went and got it soggy, isn't it?

I don't know what is going on in here with @Anywhere But Here but for the record, I did not encourage either of these men. I did set verbal boundaries over and over with one and he just refused to accept what I said and I never did with the married one because, well, he was married. It never occurred to me.

I am an open, kind and empathetic friend. My biggest problem is that I don't consider that some people might take that as being open to other things. I do think that my openness has contributed to this current issue. That was my original question: is it possible to change your mbti?

I think most of you said no.

Thank you all for your helpful responses, especially @Matt3737 and @CindyLou because I did look up that NI-Ti loop, which I knew nothing about. Thanks to all of you. I appreciate the honesty. It sounds like I can't really change my mbti and I shouldn't try.

The majority of what I got out of the things you all said was mostly to just try to heal and to rest and be myself. I liked the left hand analogy, @James. That made sense to me and I thought a lot afterwards about what you said.

I know I didn't do anything wrong but I feel awful about it anyway. I don't want it to happen again.

Why you always gotta blame Milky? It's because he stole the toast and went and got it soggy, isn't it?

In my honest view, if I didn't have @Milktoast Bandit to blame for everything, then I wouldn't be able to cope. Anyway, he probably did do something bad, am I right? One time he left me in the commune with @Asa pointing a gun at my head, and did nothing to help. I do not quickly forget such treachery...

Reactions: aeon and Scientia
If she feels I wronged her in anyway, whether true or false, I openly invite her to vent her frustrations with me. As I've heard others note, maybe I confronted her too strongly. I can accept that and am willing to apologize for it.

@Anywhere But Here

I'm sorry if I caused you any distress. I believe your intentions were good and honest. It was my fault for quibbling over such small details and blowing it out of proportion. I sincerely apologize and hope that you can forgive me and would also understand if you are unwilling.

@Anywhere But Here

I'm sorry if I caused you any distress. I believe your intentions were good and honest. It was my fault for quibbling over such small details and blowing it out of proportion. I sincerely apologize and hope that you can forgive me and would also understand if you are unwilling.

@Anywhere But Here - just my opinion but I think @Matt3737 has made a very straightforward apology, which I always admire. Personally I'd be inclined to accept it, but over to you. I know that in my lame attempt at humor I falsely accused you of pushing me.. However once I've committed to a lie, I can't apologize and go back.. It'd make me look bad.. this has always worked out well for me in life..

Reactions: CindyLou and aeon