Can INFJ's be disorganized? | INFJ Forum

Can INFJ's be disorganized?

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Raccoon Love, Sep 29, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by Raccoon Love
  1. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I been wondering, since I can be very disorganized, despite the fact that I'm a INFJ (Though my J preference is only sightly expressed), maybe that's why I think sometimes I am an INFP. I just realized my terrible reality today, when I could not find my science homework among a big piles of random papers, I could not find it when I arrived to school and I was very worried, hopefully the teacher was nice and she let me re-do it quickly before class started, but this made me remember how disorganized I was, and how much valuable grades I lost during my school years because of disorganization. any thoughts?

#1 Raccoon Love, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. Wyote

Wyote Dad of the Ded
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    We are the least J-like of all the Js.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ria

Ria Snow White over the ocean

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ.
    Enneagram:
    4 x 6 (I think).
    I have tended to be this way too... I am close with INFP as well, but the reasons why I was disorganized for the most part, is because I have never been able to have mental pictures for some reason, and it really helps to be able to picture yr environment anywhere u r, so that u can visualize yr space and responsibilities in yr head ahead of time and remember where u put things.

Sometimes for me, it's like I have early dementia or something, lol

However, I do beat myself up for it and hate that disability as I call it for myself. I usually have what I need for things now tho, and I am on time for things I have to be on time for, but my life is usually very organized inside, and somewhat organized outside.

I also attribute it to being a full time working single mother of two daughters in different schools... that doesn't help!

4. Tamagochi

Tamagochi Sushi Destroyer
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Simply put J preference does not mean automatic skill for organizing nor superior time management. A mess in your room does not make you INFP :D

5. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up
    ...very disorganized, and have no time management skills...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Ria

Ria Snow White over the ocean

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ.
    Enneagram:
    4 x 6 (I think).

;) gocha! *chuckles to self*

7. gloomy-optimist

gloomy-optimist Used to live here

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    4w3
    Judging/perceiving is more a matter of self-organization than physical organization. Because our first function is a perceiving function (Ni), we tend to be a bit more disorganized than other J types, especially because it's internally based. Our J comes from Fe, which is more concerned with organizing relationships and emotions than external, physical organization.

In other words, we organize our minds and our relationships and our beliefs more than our desks ;)

Questingpoet likes this.
  8. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up

hehehe....so true...

9. OP
    Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    lol, this explains a lot..I am more confident about being an INFJ now.

10. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    To pull a page from Von Hose's book.

We need to look at our function order.

Ni Fe Ti Se

Its important to remember we are J but our primary function is an introverted perceiving function. So we may not be nearly as j as others.

also If I remember correctly J/P is not as accurate for introverts as it deals with the extroverted function. And In introverts this can cause it to come up incorrect. Thus why we can test as INFP.

11. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    Man, that's a fact!

I think it's less of a question of our J-ness, and more of a question of our priorities which dictate how we manifest our J-ness. We tend to be more psychological and spiritual, so our J-ness is more active in those areas. In the 'real world'... not so much.

I think one of the best indicators of whether or not someone is an INFJ or an INFP is whether or not they get obsessive over trying to figure out which they are. INFPs just don't seem to do this. It might be that they don't care so much for labels, or maybe they realize that this stuff doesn't really matter, but I've never seen one get target lock over discerning their type - and it is a well documented INFJ trait (most likely our little J poking out).

#11 VH, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  12. Alkali Regnant

Alkali Regnant Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I think I see myself as generally disorganized but when I'm bored I like to put things away. It kinda goes off and on depending on the day for me really.
    All the J means is that we are more J than P. So we may be somewhat disorganized but are more organized than a P would be.

13. Nela

Nela Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I can be disorganized too from time to time, but in comparison to my INFP sister, there always seems to be some kind of a structure in the chaos I've created. For instance, my desk can be a mess, but I always know where I can find what I need.

14. TrevOrTrevor

TrevOrTrevor Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    My place is usually very clean but not always so organized looking, unless I've just done my monthly overhaul cleaning/organizing which makes everything look prestine.

#14 TrevOrTrevor, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  15. CoffeeShopDiva

CoffeeShopDiva Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I am very outwardly organized. At work, everything is neat and tidy. At home (or in my car), its like a bomb went off. I find if I don't have people coming over who will care, it won't get cleaned. But, I do have the capacity to be organized, it just takes a lower priority.

16. Indie.J

Indie.J Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    infj
    I live in a house of INFJs and an ESFP and yes, half the time it looks like a bomb went off.

I was just reading a really good website about telling the difference between INFPs and INFJs. I was starting to suspect I was INFP only yesterday and one of the reasons I was suspecting this was because of how I interpreted the J and P functions. I'm definitely INFJ :D

17. Jana

Jana Searching...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    :) Good one!

18. Julia

Julia Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    I've heard that from a few sources as well. I have also heard a number of INFJs describe themselves as disorganized. Overall I tend to be organized as a way to simplify my external environment because it is quite easy for me to be distracted away from the external world. I struggle to remember details and have to write everything down in a notebook I keep as my external brain or else the spaciness will take over my life.

hn87c901 likes this.
  19. Azure_Knight

Azure_Knight Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    N/A
    Enneagram:
    N/A
    I would describe INFJ's as having a problem with organized clutter. So long as the clutter stays in appropriate zones, life is good.

20. J. Cardigan

J. Cardigan Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxx
    I've had to do this. I bought an iPod Touch and started carrying it around with me so I can write appointments and assignments down, since a day planner doesn't really do much for me.

I used to wonder about the "INFP vs. INFJ" thing as well, but then I realized that even if everything is a mess in my room, I generally know where something is. I'm also far more concerned about my internal organization (hard to explain but I'm sure you all get what I'm talking about) than anything going on outside of my head.