Book Club: Choose the book! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Book Club: Choose the book!

Vote for the book you would like to read!

• Total voters
[opinion]Gaiman is absolutely horrendous as a standalone author. He should stick to graphic novels. [/opinion]

You think? I really liked Neverwhere. Not the best book ever, maybe and perhaps more Schmagick Realism than Magic Realism, but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. [also./opinion] :D Still haven't started on American Gods. Loved the film of Stardust.

:D I'd love it if we had a children's book club, maybe in addition, for "special people" like me. Not that I need an excuse to read kids books. Seriously though, kids get all the best books about fairies.

Last edited:
You think? I really liked Neverwhere. Not the best book ever, maybe and perhaps more Schmagick Realism than Magic Realism, but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. [also./opinion] :D Still haven't started on American Gods. Loved the film of Stardust.

See, I disliked Neverwhere. It had nothing to do with the concept or storytelling, I just had a really big problem with Gaiman's actual style. I didn't find it engaging at all. Or maybe it's because a number of my friends were really raving about the book and my expectations were hiked too high after Sandman. In either case, I found myself really bored after the first couple of chapters. Of course, I'm never one to leave a book unfinished once I've started it, so I did give it a chance... it just took me a few months to get through it and I ended up completely disappointed with how predictable the ending was. The only high point in the book for me was Mr. Croup and his partner. I didn't identify with the protagonists at all, which completely sours the deal for me every time.

:D I'd love it if we had a children's book club, maybe in addition, for "special people" like me. Not that I need an excuse to read kids books. Seriously though, kids get all the best books about fairies.

Perhaps that should be our next theme for the book club. It wouldn't hurt to suggest it! ( I personally wouldn't mind reading Bridge to Terabithia again).

Isn't Robert Jordan dead? Was the prequel completed after his death...? If so, a ghost writer might have completed the prequel

He wrote the prequel before he died... Not sure when he wrote it, but it was definitely a while ago.

But yeah, he's dead now, and Brandon Sanderson is finishing off the series for him.

That would be an excellent them for the next club! I wouldnt mind reading a few again too! He Elf, Wanna host the next?

[opinion] I don't mind Pratchett; I think he's hilarious, but Gaiman is absolutely horrendous as a standalone author. He should stick to graphic novels. [/opinion]

American Gods is fantastic, though. If you get an opportunity to read it, I'd give him another chance with that book.

I've never read "Neverwhere" though.

I loved the movie Stardust, and plan to read the book. As well as Neverwhere and American Gods.

Will close on March 31st at midnight!

Just another bump! Want to make sure everyone who wants to gets to participate! VOTE if you can join us!

Shoot I didn't realize I could vote for more than one. crap too late now.

Shoot I didn't realize I could vote for more than one. crap too late now.

What else would you have voted for? I can add it to the poll :)

Lord Foul's bane looks interesting to me as well as the series I suggested.

Not much longer!! Voting ends tonight!!! Hurry if you want to play!

only 12 more hours to wait!

Then Tomorrow I get to hit the used book store *giddy with excitement* :m096:

[opinion] I don't mind Pratchett; I think he's hilarious, but Gaiman is absolutely horrendous as a standalone author. He should stick to graphic novels. [/opinion]

Words can not describe the amount of sheer uncontrollable rage I felt reading this statement. This monkey here is going some way to portray my emotion :m179: except my face is angrier, much angrier.

I'd admit to not being much of a reader, but Gaiman is one of only 4 authors able to hold my attention more than a couple of chapters.

Raaaaaaagh..

I can't even think of a solid argument now, my head is too full evil ways I want to mutilate you. Or a kitten.

Great, you just made me kill my kitten, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!!!:m140:

Words can not describe the amount of sheer uncontrollable rage I felt reading this statement. This monkey here is going some way to portray my emotion :m179: except my face is angrier, much angrier.

I'd admit to not being much of a reader, but Gaiman is one of only 4 authors able to hold my attention more than a couple of chapters.

Raaaaaaagh..

I can't even think of a solid argument now, my head is too full evil ways I want to mutilate you. Or a kitten.

Great, you just made me kill my kitten, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!!!:m140:

heheheh...I giggled so hard water came out my nose...why does everyone gotta make me laugh when I take a drink?:m194:

What happens if there is a tie?

second poll...well I will prolly just edit this one...but it will be put to a vote

Ok we got ourselves a tie...

Posting a tie breaker thread right now.