Blessings | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Blessings

I think a universalist approach is what one comes to eventually if one takes their "religion of choice" to it's furthest, deepest end...and this can be a lifelong journey.

If one begins in a universalist mode I think one can bypass a lot of the more simplistic religious expressions that are designed for introduction or for the young. Should one starts out this way one can even, in a sense, "work backwards." For example, written prayers one may learn as a young person may seem wrote and formulaic....but in a universalist construct, the deeper meanings of the words resonate and explode, and the very same words/prayers become a deep source of inspiration, even moreso because they originate in a community that is also ours to share in, so the words connect to history connected to people...it's all very rich.

Reactions: Puck and Ria
HELPFUL ELF I NEED BLESSINGS!!!! WHOEVER PRAYS AND HOWEVER YOU PRAY I NEED PRAYERS TO GET MY PAPER FINISHED!!!!

:) I do need prayers. I must include that I am in good shape although cutting it quite close, lololol

Please pray!! I promise to return the favor when I can extract myself from the computer.

:pray2: for Sookie.

Thanks so much Helpful Elf, for this wonderful thread. I wish for you, such happiness and fulfillment, I always appreciate the love you send my way, and only hope you know how much it's truly returned.

:grouphug:

This forum family is the best!

HELPFUL ELF I NEED BLESSINGS!!!! WHOEVER PRAYS AND HOWEVER YOU PRAY I NEED PRAYERS TO GET MY PAPER FINISHED!!!!

:) I do need prayers. I must include that I am in good shape although cutting it quite close, lololol

Please pray!! I promise to return the favor when I can extract myself from the computer.

For whatever it is worth, I will send you a thought right before and after my meditation today!

Great thread, this.

I don't know how I feel about praying anymore, but I will offer one anyways. I find myself really wishing to pray for people. Nothing too specific. Just prayers of strenght, courage, and love. That is what I wish to send your way, guys. Much love :)

Thank-you all so much!!! I appreciate it!!! Everything went very well!!!!:mlove2:

Helpful Elf i asked you for blessings, prayers and waiting...........

Helpful Elf i asked you for blessings, prayers and waiting...........

You have already been in my prayers, dear Roger. Whoever posts here, I will pray for, and offer a blessing to, that much you can be sure of. I wish you well.:hug:

Reactions: Ria and sookie
This is such a wonderful thread that I wanted to give it a

BUMP!

So that anyone who wants blessings will have the opportunity!!!
Thank-you Helpful Elf!

Thank-you all so much!!! I appreciate it!!! Everything went very well!!!!:mlove2:
Glad it worked. Haha!

A thought about praying. I have never prayed before, because I feel a bit awkward and selfish asking for 'stuff' in this material world, which is maybe just an illusion anyway. I felt it would just drag me further into the big Drama. That might not even be how most people pray, I don't know, but it was my image of it.

Anyway, yesterday I found a way that works for me, and I'm really happy about that. It has more to do with thinking about a person and finding peace in that. A peace that I think will be of benefit for that person, myself and everybody else. I will definitely continue doing this, even if nobody asks for it. I would also say it helped my meditation very much yesterday.

Last edited:
Glad it worked. Haha!

A thought about praying. I have never prayed before, because I feel a bit awkward and selfish asking for 'stuff' in this material world, which is maybe just an illusion anyway. I felt it would just drag me further into the big Drama. That might not even be how most people pray, I don't know, but it was my image of it.

Anyway, yesterday I found a way that works for me, and I'm really happy about that. It has more to do with thinking about a person and finding peace in that. A peace that I think will be of benefit for that person, myself and everybody else. I will definitely continue doing this, even if nobody asks for it. I would also say it helped my meditation very much yesterday.

Mooseman, I was very touched by your posts. I think that I have battled with this as well. I think (I have read many things that have led me to this conclusion) that in order to help others we have to shine in our own lives. We have to show that success and fullfillment are possible. This is how we can help others to shine and be fullfilled.

This is my belief that I have come to through Buddhism.

You have already been in my prayers, dear Roger. Whoever posts here, I will pray for, and offer a blessing to, that much you can be sure of. I wish you well.:hug:

Woooohhh, Thank you helpful Elf for prayers and blessings, you made me feel, I am enjoying Christmas this time with you. I have no words to say thank you.

:hug: This is big hug for you my friend.