black people love us - a crazy saitre website | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

black people love us - a crazy saitre website

Not sure what I find more offensive about this...

The fact that the site design is stuck in seizure-inducing 1990's HTML,

Or the fact that the humour touches on such a sensitive issue in such an un-clever way, which just makes it really awkward.

I dunno, in cases like the PC racist it seems to me like satire which is straight-forward is usually the most effective. Certainly is in this case - it offended you, for starters.

I dunno, in cases like the PC racist it seems to me like satire which is straight-forward is usually the most effective. Certainly is in this case - it offended you, for starters.

You calling me a racist, cracker barrel?

Reactions: Rcs6r
It is satire, but I don't think it's meant to be humorous so much as it is a message. Here's quotes from the site that the "black friends" are saying:

Johnny is generous enough to remark upon how "articulate" I am! That makes me feel good!

Johnny calls me "da man!" That puts me at ease. It makes me feel comfortable, because I am Black and that's how Black folks talk to one another.

Now, look at this Family Guy clip:

[video=youtube_share;LuZwm5REung]http://youtu.be/LuZwm5REung[/video]

Family guy is poking at how Disney uses stereotype to try to reach a demographic; it is effective satire.

Edit: Parts of the site are sorta funny, but there's something off about the delivery of their jokes I can't quite put my finger on

Last edited:
I found it tacky and cheesy but I did laugh at much of it. They could do with a more modern looking website though.

You calling me a racist, cracker barrel?

Doesn't have to offend the target of the satire, just has to offend somebody who will be outraged enough to spread the word :D

Doesn't have to offend the target of the satire, just has to offend somebody who will be outraged enough to spread the word :D

I find it ironic how often when something is deemed racist and and offensive, the media picks up on it, and it is then repeated over and over.
Which in the end gives it some degree of undeserved validation, instead of being ignored and dismissed as it should be.

I find it ironic how often when something is deemed racist and and offensive, the media picks up on it, and it is then repeated over and over.
Which in the end gives it some degree of undeserved validation, instead of being ignored and dismissed as it should be.

you think i shouldnt have reposted it? i was wondering if it was bad to repost it for that reason. i see.

you think i shouldnt have reposted it? i was wondering if it was bad to repost it for that reason. i see.

No, no. I didn't mean that at all.

I was referring to instances were someone (usually a public figure) makes a perceived racist comment or takes a perceived racist action.
The media picks up on it and repeats it over and over ad nauseam to the masses.
Then civil rights activists jump on the band wagon so they can be sure to get on camera and personally profit from the media attention it brings them.
So in the end, instead of a relatively small number of people hearing about it, and it falling to the wayside, millions are exposed to it including those that would agree with the comment or action, thereby reinforcing the validity of their own racist beliefs and stereotypes.