black people love us - a crazy saitre website | INFJ Forum

black people love us - a crazy saitre website

dorkymagenta

Feb 5, 2010
MBTI
INFP
i posted this on other forums and it got deleted immediately.
but i wonder what infjs will say :eek:

it's about how white people act sometimes when they have a black friend.
its supposed to be funny. i do not know the ethnicity of the people who made it, though it portrays two white people making a website about the joys of being loved and accepted by black people.

maybe it's racist. maybe i shouldnt repost but i am so curious to see what kind of a response it will get!

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/index.html

I've seen it before; it's satire. It emphasizes the "clueless" nature of a generic White people group, in regards to others of a different ethnicity. Could it be considered insulting? Yes, yes it could be.

Insulting to whites maybe.
Reminds me of something you'd see in the old National Lampoon magazine.
I found it funny, I didn't see anything that is blatantly racist in a mean spirited sense.
Trouble is too many these days have lost the ability to laugh at themselves.

A thought that someone could have taken this website as a real deal and not a joke is even funnier :lol:

As a member of the dominant color in this country, I feel comfortable using my privilege to laugh at an imaginary representation of my people.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Oh, I'm not saying I didn't find it funny...but some might not like it.

^^^^^Fe Alert.....Fe Alert.....^^^^^

BEEP BEEP BEEP *ROBOT VOICE* HUGGING WILL COMMENCE IN TEN...NINE...EIGHT...SEVEN...

It does remind me of some of the controversy around Dave Chappelle leaving his show. Iirc, He had been working on the pixie sketch which featured a lot of racial satire, but apparently he was kind of disturbed as one of the crew members seemed to be enjoying the racism more than the satire. As far as the site in the OP was concerned, it was such a flood of material that I kind of wonder the same thing. It's not that I think the authors have any agenda beyond satire, but I wonder who will see that for what it is, as opposed to who may subconsciously adopt some of those intentionally erroneous views without even realizing it.

Reactions: muir
When society has a raw nerve about something, humor seems like a healthy way to express something which conversation can't.

The last thing you want is society to get all repressed and resentful.

now everybody raise your hand if you can count having done anything on that site.

I don't have to because I have a black girlfriend.

I think it's supposed to be satire, but I find it poorly done. Not funny. Too easy to do without any real thought.

Actually, some of the testimonials are pretty decent satire.

Last edited:
((Hee - it feels like an Airplane skit))

No, dawg! Imma Let You Finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.

((Turns in black street cred card - which she skimmed illegally anyway))

I've made numerous friends over the past couple years because I'm the same no matter who I talk to. I see the funny in the website, if ignorance wasn't so widespread then we would have no reference point to find the funny.

Not sure what I find more offensive about this...

The fact that the site design is stuck in seizure-inducing 1990's HTML,

Or the fact that the humour touches on such a sensitive issue in such an un-clever way, which just makes it really awkward.

I don't think it's offensive at all, and the tackiness is probably part of the satire. I don't know if it's original or not but it's not as harsh as 'stuff white people like', which is more about reducing white people to a cliche that isn't even accurate, and is occasionally really mean-spirited. This is about the problems involved with interracial relationships (friendships)... which I think is a valid thing to address.

I grew up in a really small town with about 5 black people in it, and it wasn't until I got to the city that I actually had black friends, and it was actually a really good experience. In the beginning I really wasn't sure how to act, because never having had black friends before I was afraid of saying something offensive or inconsiderate, etc... and I definitely do think that some people use the whole 'I have a black friend' as a reason to assume that they've 'beaten' racism or something... when it's actually something of an ongoing process.

I'm not certain, but I would be willing to bet that these people are friends in real life.

Not sure what I find more offensive about this...

The fact that the site design is stuck in seizure-inducing 1990's HTML,

Or the fact that the humour touches on such a sensitive issue in such an un-clever way, which just makes it really awkward.
AH, niffs. I love you.