• Total voters

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
do you believe in god/s?

this is an anonymous poll. you may not post information about any related personal opinions or identifications in the thread. just kidding, post what you like.

Don't see a poll. Geez man, you're just droppin the ball tonight.

I'm right. /end thread

Reactions: bickelz
What about the people who haven't made up their mind? The poll, in my view, needs some touching up. It should be: Theist, Agnostic, or Atheist.

I personally struggle with the idea of a higher power or a god because it's incredibly hard to understand. I have gone from a Christian into a spiritual person, then into an agnostic, and finally an atheist. And now I am back to agnostic! This is a roller-coaster ride... But I love it.

It keeps me on a path of steady growth and understanding because I enjoy hearing both sides of the arguement.

Besides that, my old view was that we are all equally human so we leave the world equally spiritual. I strongly believed that we all are taken care of after our physical life ends...
Hell never existed in my mind... I couldn't believe in a loving god who would burn his children.

Take care

Reactions: barbad0s
>_> You know what's weird? I see myself as essentially agnostic... but something compelled me to vote "yes" instead of "maybe". Even if I don't necessarily *worship* a God(s) on a regular basis or *believe* in a set deity or definition of "God" or feel compelled to do either of these things, somehow I *feel* that one exists, or at least some sense of encompassing spirituality over the world.

Hell never existed in my mind... I couldn't believe in a loving god who would burn his children.

haha i don't believe in hell either.. only heaven :D

i'm guessing it's more likely just in my neurons from my dna or from social conditioning, but i feel like there's something outside of my will that compels me to try to be a good person and kind to others regardless of what i or outside sources try to make me believe. maybe in my head "God = empathy" ..

Reactions: Spiritual Leo
What about the people who haven't made up their mind? The poll, in my view, needs some touching up. It should be: Theist, Agnostic, or Atheist.

I personally struggle with the idea of a higher power or a god because it's incredibly hard to understand. I have gone from a Christian into a spiritual person, then into an agnostic, and finally an atheist. And now I am back to agnostic! This is a roller-coaster ride... But I love it.

It keeps me on a path of steady growth and understanding because I enjoy hearing both sides of the arguement.

Besides that, my old view was that we are all equally human so we leave the world equally spiritual. I strongly believed that we all are taken care of after our physical life ends...

Take care

I can relate to your journey of spiritual discovery, Spiritual Leo. :)

I get more excited about people who are willing to investigate what/who God is to them - than those who dig in their heels about one belief and follow dogma.

I imagine now that you've ridden the roller coaster ride and entertained all sorts of beliefs - you're probably more open minded about where others are in their journey. This fosters acceptance and peace.

Here's to you...promoting peaceful acceptance out in the world.:tea:

Reactions: Spiritual Leo
Depends on what you consider to be a "God", Albert Einstein and Steven Hawking both used the term as a metaphor for the all encompassing "mystery of the universe"

I believe I can fly does that count?

yes, I believe in God

Reactions: the
>_> You know what's weird? I see myself as essentially agnostic... but something compelled me to vote "yes" instead of "maybe". Even if I don't necessarily *worship* a God(s) on a regular basis or *believe* in a set deity or definition of "God" or feel compelled to do either of these things, somehow I *feel* that one exists, or at least some sense of encompassing spirituality over the world.

I like this wording.

I feel some doubts but I am inclined to believe that life is inherently spiritual, as much as my logical brain wants to denounce it.

Take care

Hell can exist and not be a place of literal fire but more a place for those experiencing the burn of bitterness.

Depends on what you consider to be a "God", Albert Einstein and Steven Hawking both used the term as a metaphor for the all encompassing "mystery of the universe"

God is pretty much stipulated as a person w/o a body who is eternal, perfectly free, omnipotent, omniscient, perfectly good, and the creator of all things. I believe the question is if you believe that person exists.

Nah.

Need I say?

i wonder how representative "people who vote on polls about existence of god/s" is as a subsection of people who hang about on infj forums. because i like the idea as suggested by poll results that we are fairly evenly divided on this issue. thank you for voting yall.