do you believe in god/s?

• yes

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
I don't think anyone can say with any degree of reasonable certainty.

Hmmm judging by the sites visitor per country ratio, I thought the yes option would be higher

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

without knowing anything about those sorts of stats i expected it to be higher also.

but on the other hand. i think it's likely that people who voted on the poll would have either been people who cared a lot about their membership of the forum, or cared a lot about the specific question. which either way sounds like a fairly decent representation as actually relevant to the issue.

I believe God is... irrelevant. Didn't see a choice for that though :(

I believe God is... irrelevant. Didn't see a choice for that though :(

I respectfully disagree. This question is the most important important question a person can ask; the implications of there being a God or no God are pretty significant to true meaning, value.

I respectfully disagree. This question is the most important important question a person can ask; the implications of there being a God or no God are pretty significant to true meaning, value.

The (translated version) of what Buddha once said:

"I do not care to know your various theories about God. What is the use of discussing all the subtle doctrines about the soul? Do good and be good. And this will take you to freedom and to whatever truth there is...."

I will qualify that though in that knowing if/what/how others believe in does offer some insight into how they might act.

Last edited:

I also agree with [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] . Whether or not a God(s) existed would be irrelevant to how I choose to live my life or see the world. I wouldn't want to (or really have to, imo) change a thing.

People keep telling me that salad exists.

Since I refuse to consume salad it clear does not exist!

So poo to you too!

People keep telling me that salad exists.

Since I refuse to consume salad it clear does not exist!

So poo to you too!

But as long as you eat a balanced diet, it doesn't matter whether or not salad exists :D

I also agree with [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] . Whether or not a God(s) existed would be irrelevant to how I choose to live my life or see the world. I wouldn't want to (or really have to, imo) change a thing.

That's not what I meant. I mean the question is relevant in a big picture kind of way, not that any individual would need that question answered to change the way they live or do good, but if living or doing good had any ultimate significance or meaning. People are so used to the idea of a god existing when they reject it they don't take the time to consider what the implications would be if God didn't exist. Of course, the question of God existing or not existing wouldn't seem to matter on a smaller scale, but the question touches on the very issue..it's the very center of life's meaning.

That's not what I meant. I mean the question is relevant in a big picture kind of way, not that any individual would need that question answered to change the way they live or do good, but if living or doing good had any ultimate significance or meaning. People are so used to the idea of a god existing when they reject it they don't take the time to consider what the implications would be if God didn't exist. Of course, the question of God existing or not existing wouldn't seem to matter on a smaller scale, but the question touches on the very issue..it's the very center of life's meaning.

ooh

Even though I believe I still have doubts. So I guess I truely fit into the maybe category. I chose yes because I try to act as if there is a higher power, as opposed to doing whatever I wanted like the heathen do.

i think are right, when ever i see a Catholic Priest, i always try to keep them away from young children.

Only the boys.... :p

this isn't a question about philosophical approach to implications of belief or nonbelief but belief itself. saying the question is not relevant is another separate issue. which is an approach to life i personally agree with btw, just not what i'm asking here.

Yes, i do believe in God. Not religious person, more spiritual.

I'm a Spiritualist so I believe in a universal deity or "infinite intelligence". I also believe in the spirit realm and that the soul exists after death and the physical body. I also believe in reincarnation and I meditate daily.