Being on the relationship lookout | INFJ Forum

Being on the relationship lookout

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
How often do you actively search for an interesting-seeming person vs. just living life and ending up meeting someone and giving it a chance?

Last edited:
Good question. I would say that up until now I was always on the hunt... it has never really worked out but I did have a lot of company and friends. I am trying to just do me now and hope that when the time is right the right woman will present herself. I have been doing that for some months now, nothing yet! lol

Looking has never really worked for me although I tried to remain open to possibilities. Pursuing someone of course, has never worked or was ever a good idea. Living your life and enjoying it rather than waiting for someone to come along works much better. But for me, it only works if I don't allow myself to hope or if I don't consciously approach it psychologically as actively looking. But not looking or pretending that I am not interested does not work either. Trying to convince myself that being single is an ideal state, and not to care or worry about finding someone makes me more likely to think about it rather than not. In other words, telling myself not to look does not work. So, it's more about finding a balance.

I've never actively searched for a relationship outside of online dating though I suppose in my heart I'm always scanning my surroundings looking for potential.

Honestly I've not been single long enough to really know if I do this or not.

They usually end up coming to me.

I'm focused on enjoying my life, forging lasting friendships, and combating my own weaknesses. Not much to spare for a search. If someone comes into my life and is beyond a shadow of a doubt someone who isn't going to make a mess of everything, I'll be interested.

The best relationships I have had, (and have now with my Wife) came about when I wasn't actively seeking anyone.
My Wife and myself met as the result of a blind date. At the time both of us seriously considered not showing up since we really weren't looking to get into a relationship.
6 months later we married. That was 14 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie
I do not actively search. *shrug* I evaluate people I meet as potential partners if they peak my interest but it rarely gets past the evaluation stage into any serious intent to try and get together with them.

I am generally indifferent to the idea that I have to be with someone.

I don't date. Women cross my path.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie