Awesome Pierley/Redford Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Awesome Pierley/Redford Test

Now that you've all been lured in... heh... heh... take a look at this and discuss ^_^

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/2011/04/is_pierley_radford_a_design_project.php

Personally, I've had several people I know in real life take the test and they have all gotten results that seem to fit them very well. There have been specifics that fit them which do not fit the other people. Initially I thought the test results were pretty vague and could fit just about anyone and I still feel that way to a certain degree.

Either way, it's just a really cool test. I actually had to restart it the first time because I was laughing so much at the questions and clicked an answer on accident.

[MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION]

I know nothing about it being a design project, but the link you provided had an interesting article that I just had to share:

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/2011/04/penis_museum_gets_human_specimen.php

Now back to the test. What is actually a design project? Is it that the results are randomly generated no matter what options you choose? I think not. I chose two sets of different answers (not totally different) and repeated them several times, and got the same results for each set. I'll try repeating the same experiment later. Maybe I don't know what a design project is.

But who made it and why is a damn good question. Apparently the writer of the article doesn't know, and all I see about it during a brief search is other people's takes on it.

edit: @Siamese cat It's still difficult to say what the purpose is, or if the criteria really has anything to do with psychology, even if the results aren't randomly generated.

@Siamese cat

They could simply be calling it that because it has not undergone scientific study. I know if you want to design a credible psychological test it must undergo a lot of rigorous testing and it's quite difficult so it's possible that this test is simply the beginning stages of an actual test they intend to create.

Saying it's a design project does not automatically mean that the results are random. In fact, when I repeated the test with the same answers it gave me the same result so it is not random in that sense, I don't believe. The results you get could have no correlation to anything though, which would make the results random and as previously mentioned, would work off of the Forer Effect.

Who knows!

Last edited:
Heh, I thought it was a bit too weird to be an actual indicator of anything. Many of the questions would elicit random guesses from most people.

It is consistent though...Choosing all A seems to always get you "organizer of men", and all B gets you "poetic".(Three tries on both)

Got "Thoughtful" when I went through it.

But who made it and why is a damn good question. Apparently the writer of the article doesn't know, and all I see about it during a brief search is other people's takes on it.

edit: @Siamese cat It's still difficult to say what the purpose is, or if the criteria really has anything to do with psychology, even if the results aren't randomly generated.

[MENTION=2434]Sloe Djinn[/MENTION]

Well obviously someone Pierley and someone Rdeford. Just kidding. :D I tried finding out more about but found virtually nothing so far. As for the purpose, I guess it is inducing seizure in people, that must be one of the reasons. I felt like I was going to faint after taking it for the fourth time in a row. :D

If they are going for the Forer effect, then the attempt is fairly pathetic. I've seen about 8-10 results and I could only find any bit of self-identification in two and even then I didn't find half of the explanation to be indicative of my type. It would need to be MUCH more general in order for that to work. The answers are too specific, it seems to me.

I'm not saying it is a genuine test; I am not sure what methods or criteria they are using for the symbolism behind each shape. It does remind me, however, of those color tests which are a crock of crap imo.

Your power comes from an ability to sense how things might be and to proclaim this possibility with a great force and willingness to act. You have a tendency to be romantic, and can be an idealist. This sense of how the world can be is often expressed with self-deprecatory humor. Because of your need to address the immediacy of the moment, you may not think things through to their logical end, relying instead on a feeling for how a situation SHOULD end. You need to be liked and appreciated by others, although your attention often wanders*. Sometimes you neglect old friends in favor of a new or exciting acquaintance. You have a real difficulty being alone. Often you will seem to know how to handle a situation without exactly knowing HOW you know this. Your thoughts are often shallow. While in the excitement of the moment you can obsess about a task at hand. If it should become rote and unexciting, however, it can be dropped just as quickly.

Reposted with bolding for applicability and an added asterisk so as to have a laugh about my ADHD-PI.

:hail: Meds do work though.

cheers,
Ian

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

***********************************************************************************
Hee, i'm not going to lie, there's a lot of truth to that, but i'm not so..... mean or such a know it all. Well l maybe deep down, but i'm really very sweet too. it's like if you were to describe all of my flaws but leave out the good bits. But there is a bit of truth to it. Interesting.

You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

This test was not awesome.

My results:

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with the perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

Interesting test. :D

Interesting although I must admit, I sense a hint of the forer effect just based upon the results. Course, I might just be perturbed by the fact that I don't even grasp at how anything represents anything.

Reactions: Siamese cat
Interesting although I must admit, I sense a hint of the forer effect just based upon the results. Course, I might just be perturbed by the fact that I don't even grasp at how anything represents anything.

I have an idea or a theory or sort of an explanation what would A and B represent in some questions, but I could be completely wrong. Maybe I took the test too many times. :D

Last edited:
:m197: The white dots do seem like they want to betray me...

Pretty damn good! Dead wrong on a few things, but surprisingly right much more than it is wrong! I love shapes.

Your Diagnosis:
You tend to draw and nurture others with your natural charisma. Rarely satisfied with petty details, you remain focused on the grander scheme of things. In affairs of the heart you are very practical and might be thought on occasion perfunctory or shallow. Oddly, though you have a natural tendency to lead, you have a very thin skin and can easily be hurt by a thoughtless comment or a cruel barb. There is a danger that you will take on more responsibility than you can reasonably be expected to manage. So eager are you to succeed, that on occasion you crash and burn when the reality of the situation rears its head. Often your wide circle of friends can be rather indiscriminate; care must be taken not to become entangled with those of questionable moral character. Admitting weakness isn’t easy for you. When proven not to be invulnerable it can come as a great surprise. Unresolved issues can trouble you deeply.

Sometimes I just clicked A or B because my cursor was already there from the last click. Either choice didnt really apply to the question.

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

I don't know what to tell you, the red thing just isn't me, and the green (might be truth,or not) I never noticed

re-took the test:
Often concerned with right and wrong, and punctilious in expressing it, you are best represented by the Customs Agent or the IRS inspector. Initially seen by others as cold or uncaring, you are difficult for those more spontaneous members of society to understand. You are extremely stable, responsible and dependable. You manifest an amazing ability to concentrate on the issue at hand, and are difficult to distract from issues that are important. You manifest a great sense of loyalty to your employers and your government. You tend to show love through a display of committed works, believing that actions speak louder than words. You are also resistant to change and tend to believe that the old ways are best. If a behavior has been successful in the past, why would anyone want to change? You work best in a controlled environment.

Again, some things really accurate and some total failure....

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

I think the most interesting thing about this for me is the term phlegmatic, which refers to one of the four humors of ancient medicine (400BC onwards). Wikipedia defines Phlegmatics thus:

Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators. However they can also be very passive-aggressive.

Apparently, I'm to stay in bed and drink wine to combat my phlegmatic tendencies. I'm all for it. :D

The modern version of the temperaments is the Hartman Personality profile, under which I am a White, or peace-keeper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartman_Personality_Profile#Whites:_The_Peacekeepers

Last edited:
You tend to draw and nurture others with your natural charisma. Rarely satisfied with petty details, you remain focused on the grander scheme of things. In affairs of the heart you are very practical and might be thought on occasion perfunctory or shallow. Oddly, though you have a natural tendency to lead, you have a very thin skin and can easily be hurt by a thoughtless comment or a cruel barb. There is a danger that you will take on more responsibility than you can reasonably be expected to manage. So eager are you to succeed, that on occasion you crash and burn when the reality of the situation rears its head. Often your wide circle of friends can be rather indiscriminate; care must be taken not to become entangled with those of questionable moral character. Admitting weakness isn

Hmmm...some yes some no - but definitely interesting:

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

Lol - and ETA: D'oh! After I read Wyote's addendum. :D

Reactions: Wyote