Awesome brain training games

Poetic Justice

Meh
Donor
Dec 12, 2008
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
This site has probably the most awesome brain training games I have ever seen. You get a free week to try it out and then you have to pay but it is well worth it.

it scores you on your gognative strengths and weaknesses compared to other users and has tailored courses for any area which you want to develop. There is no extra charge for these.

I'm interested to see if other INFJ's get a similar result to what I got on my cognative scores. My flexibility score was through the roof, about 80% which puts me in the top 20% despite still being on basic training, whilst my attention score is a measly 18%. I suspect most INFJ's will get something similar.

Anyhoos, here it is. Its free for a week and is awesome

http://www.lumosity.com/

Uuuuu, I like this. :) How come I didn't know about this earlier, before today at least. :(

After first training session I scored highest in the problem solving, memory and flexibility, and lowest on attention. But there is still some more training to be done. :D

I will play with this for a while and see where I am at. My flexibillity score is probablly gonna be in the toilet.

I feel dumb, my highest is attention at 40%

The problem with all of these is I am a very slow thinker, and nearly all of them are based on speed. Just the fact that I am timed makes it worse for me.

Honestly, all of these tasks just don't fit how my brain thinks.

Case and point about being slow: I am at 2%

Last edited:
Case and point about being slow: I am at 2%

Wow.

2%?

Thats harsh

I feel a little better about my 18% now. lol

You should definately sign up for the relevant course

Apart from the two I mentioned all my others are in the 30's

It says my best are spacial recall, task switching (men can't multi-task huh?) and spacial something else. I can't remember and it won't let me back on to check until I pay... which I am definately going to.

I'm gonna save up for the years subscription. anyone else wanna sign up with me?

we could motivate each other with some friendly competition :msith:

I use this one my ipod, I will have to check out the actual site.

Eh, I had this and was sad when my week was up so I just left. I wish I could get some free games sites.

I use this one my ipod, I will have to check out the actual site.

Whats your scores?

Isn't it really difficult being so small?

I just took one test thus far. I'm at 25% with flexibility.

I would probably not read too much into your first 2 or 3 attempts as you were probably a little confused as to how to play some of them to start with which would lower your score

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I would probably not read too much into your first 2 or 3 attempts as you were probably a little confused as to how to play some of them to start with which would lower your score

I actually would say that the score on your first few games is a nice indicator, mostly because you're thrown into a situation you're not familiar with and thus forced to rely on your functions as they are, without training.

Furthermore, if we are going to compare scores as you suggested in your OP, you should probably indicate which games you've played, how many times you've played that game, and what you scored on your first try compared with how you score on your second, third and fourth try. After all, if I sat and played one game for five minutes, while you sat and played the same game for two hours, obviously there would be a noticeable difference in our scores.

Last edited:
Furthermore, if we are going to compare scores as you suggested in your OP, you should probably indicate which games you've played, how many times you've played that game, and what you scored on your first try compared with how you score on your second, third and fourth try. After all, if I sat and played one game for five minutes, while you sat and played the same game for two hours, obviously there would be a noticeable difference in our scores.

I played whatever it threw at me. I did the daily basic training for a week and only replayed a game if I got interrupted during it

After my first basic training my flexibility was something like 92%, then it dropped to about 65% after my second go then levelled out at about 80% and stayed around there.

The rest were about 10% lower than they are now apart from attention which was 12% the first time.

By friendly competition I didn't mean we should necessarily compare all our scores as you should be trying to beat your own score not someone elses.

The categories of such tests, and iq, are very misleading, but the tests themselves are fun, so I took it for some time.

It seems I scored the highest on guessing the rule logic, the two math games, and chip chimps (which is again with numbers). Numerical and logical reasoning are well developed with me, but I don't think I was born that way. In fact, I was the worst math student up to some point, and then it suddenly became very interesting for me, so I just spent lots of time on it.

Highest scores are on problem solving, attention and flexibility; lower on speed and memory. The summary says: focus, spatial recall, quantitative reasoning.

I've been using these for a while, largely because a damaged brain ages faster than one without damage and I'd been noticing some memory problems. So I started maybe a month ago at a pathetic 186 and noticed some improvement in areas important to me, so I subscribed month-to-month. Though like all my scores, it's still in the toilet, flexibility and speed are my highest with memory still my lowest. I really love these games though and am off to go [lay for a while after an invigorating morning at the pool, In the month I've been using them, my BPI score has gone up to 260, so I'm making progress, slow but sure.

Last edited:
I played a few more, and I got attention up to 89%. Those games are quite easy to me.

The other ones remained more or less within the same score ranges.

The working memory games are quite difficult for me. Most of the others are easy and I find them just enough of a challenge to be enjoyable, though nothing like salsa dancing in the pool this morning! Try that with half a body.

I'm not sure what the percentages are there are some designed specifically for the iPod. Tonight Ima try the online version.

My Overall bpi is is 811 on the iPod.

I took enough tests to get a "Brain profile"

Speed: 19%
Memory: 12% (I'm kinda shocked by this)
Attention: 19%
Flexibility: 46%
Problem Solving: 39%

On one hand, I'm sleepy, tired, and a teenager so that kinda explains my scores. On the other hand, I still feel a bit retarded >.>. I suck compared to others.

Edit: Actually, if the scores are based on people with similar ages around you as the web site says, I did pretty good. I'm a 22ish h year old man according to the account I created.

Last edited: