Ask me anything, and I'll be sure to give you valuable help. You can trust me on this. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Ask me anything, and I'll be sure to give you valuable help. You can trust me on this.

Btw, if it's something you'd be able to elaborate on, I'd be curious to know in greater detail what you mean by that, if you have the time and desire.

I don't mean it as anything in relation to you. I simply don't know you and don't give trust easily.

I don't mean it as anything in relation to you. I simply don't know you and don't give trust easily.
Random, but I am most curious to ask: have you at any point - now or previously - felt any discernible vibe from my communication?

EDIT: anyone can (and hopefully does) answer this, though if you're not an INFJ, I'd like to be informed.

Reactions: April and Wyote
@Wyote run, Wy. I'll take care of this.

Yes, that you're young. The vibe of youth.
Interesting. It is true that I am 21 years old, which would be quite young to most here, I assume - to you as well, as such an old-timer. How does it appear as opposed to a vibe of age, and do you possibly have any logical explanation for what it might be that causes you to feel that way about my communication?

Reactions: April and Wyote
Interesting. It is true that I am 21 years old, which would be quite young to most here, I assume - to you as well, as such an old-timer. How does it appear as opposed to a vibe of age, and do you possibly have any logical explanation for what it might be that causes you to feel that way about my communication?
Yes, your eagerness and curiosity is imprinted in your replies. Your willing vulnerability is something only the youth would celebrate.

Yes, your eagerness and curiosity is imprinted in your replies. Your willing vulnerability is something only the youth would celebrate.
Hmm... I may or may not be lacking in self-awareness, but I wonder what you mean by willing vulnerability. I know I just told y'all my full name and stuff, but I know you are good people and at most track me down in hopes of a signed copy of The Potential of Currently.

Hmm... I may or may not be lacking in self-awareness, but I wonder what you mean by willing vulnerability. I know I just told y'all my full name and stuff, but I know you are good people and at most track me down in hopes of a signed copy of The Potential of Currently.
That's optimistic. Keep wondering. That's good for self awareness, too.

Random, but I am most curious to ask: have you at any point - now or previously - felt any discernible vibe from my communication?

You seem to be trying to have a forward facing vibe of professionalism which has its pros and cons

You give me a sort of "know it all" vibe that most young people have. I can see that you're willing to recieve some constructive criticism so at least it's a more mature "know it all" vibe. And you're curious, so that entails wanting more information. :)

I have this too, btw. I'm just not so open about it and I also usually lead with a disclaimer that I could be wrong. I second guess myself sometimes though. As I got older I just realized that I don't know it all. But I still act like I do sometimes, lol.

You seem pretty cool to me though. Welcome.

You seem to be trying to have a forward facing vibe of professionalism which has its pros and cons
Indeed - I am kinda trying to sound like I have those official credentials despite having explicitly stated I do not. Although I do generally converse in a somewhat formal manner, it's definitely pronounced in this thread. I always enjoyed acting, and what's a better role for this thread than a professional, eh?

Reactions: Wyote
You give me a sort of "know it all" vibe that most young people have. I can see that you're willing to recieve some constructive criticism so at least it's a more mature "know it all" vibe. And you're curious, so that entails wanting more information. :)

I have this too, btw. I'm just not so open about it and I also usually lead with a disclaimer that I could be wrong. I second guess myself sometimes though. As I got older I just realized that I don't know it all. But I still act like I do sometimes, lol.

You seem pretty cool to me though. Welcome.
I am most certainly confident in my knowledge, and I have always been the type to correct others if it seems warranted (not trying to debate with someone feeling angry or insecure over tha factzzz). My mood was quite narcissistic when I started the thread, but it's pretty neutral right now. I think my strong intuition has always been a great source of confidence, which can seep into areas where it doesn't apply, such as factually-based knowledge. Not to say I've never read a book, but I'm certainly not always as much in the right as I initially thought. However, as you mentioned, I am willing to take criticism. I just always hope people don't make things personal, when my original intention was to help, and not to get mad at them for getting mad at me.

Although I am definitely greatly affected by affective empathy (Fe), I think correcting people will help them more than sparing their feelings, especially when I know nobody will be able to correct them as respectfully as an INFJ. It must be noted though, that although my somewhat blunt and straightforward articulation goes well irl, online people don't have the compassionate, soul-accepting gaze to go with it, which might make things sound more dismissive. I always understood it when I hear many INFJs saying they don't like texting. It's simply more difficult for us to get a reading, and we can't really bring our compassionate auras online. People irl seem to just "get" that I'm only there for them, just by being with me, and that's what I always took as the "aura".

To think of it, I think my (over-)reliance on Ti might have to do with me being male. "INFJ male syndrome", if you will. My father is similar, and I am sure he isn't INTP or INTJ or stuff, but certainly INFJ. Although I think we are one of the types least likely to be brainwashed by society, it probably does leave some behavioral mark to be bullied for showing emotion. I wonder if INFJ women often face similar treatment for their ability to feel strong and irrational emotions, since I'd think that despite the societal convention of females having emotion, most people would have difficulties understanding its depth. Perhaps they'll sometimes be labeled hysterical or dramatic. It always sounds wrong to me when male INFJs assume they obviously have it harder than their female counterparts. However, I do think males might be more likely to resort to a cognitively-based defense mechanism, although that's just a wild guess based on incomplete data, and I would also propose that INFJ women are more logical than the majority as well. Overall, "society" is a nice ol' punching bag, but hitting it will do nothing. It's individuals you speak of and to, when you make a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: April
I don't trust you yet, but you seem ok

I don't trust you yet, either.
I haven't decided if you're OK.

It's also ridiculous to hop into a social group dominated by Ni-doms and suggest you are more insightful than we are. We are immune to your powers.

Reactions: Wyote and mintoots

It's also ridiculous to hop into a social group dominated by Ni-doms and suggest you are more insightful than we are. We are immune to your powers.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I like you Asa

Reactions: Wyote and Asa

I'm not talking about intuitive insight or anything, but actually effective and easily verbalizable practical changes to one's life. I hear many INFJs suffering due to causes that are actually very simple to fix with some psychobiologically-based reasoning, as opposed to introspection or other self-focused insight. I basically think of myself as an animal that I can affect by bringing myself under new kinds of stimuli, and I'm pretty adept at manipulating this Homo sapiens I get to control.

I think you will find people don't appreciate being corrected. The first skill to master if it is your desire to be helpful to others is to learn to listen and support.

I think you will find people don't appreciate being corrected. The first skill to master if it is your desire to be helpful to others is to learn to listen and support.
I can see in many conversations people's emotional reactions giving the impression that they do not appreciate being corrected. But ackshually, it is not usually so cut and dry, and I doubt anyone actually wants to not learn. Such emotion would seem to be usually caused by viewing a correction as an affront. Mind you, I never correct others with a condescending tone, as that is just as irrational and illogical, if the desire is to help and cause good. I do not ever recall being met with disdain when correcting someone irl - different story online ofc. I am confident that I can say anything, and nobody will be offended, as that has been my experience so far. People just seem to know I accept them as the perfect beings they are, and it's a shame how many live under the illusion that they are not perfect. I am not fixing people, but trying influence them to see the truth about their perfection. I believe INFJs/empaths are indeed the ones that should be correcting others, as we are naturals at finding both the right situations and the right ways. We are some of the most accepting, confident and content people, and that is why we can love so much, and show to others how they can love themselves just as we love ourselves. Our being open and honest makes others see how it's okay to be yourself. We have a natural connection to those around us, and they feel a connection to us as well. With us, people can explore the darkest corners of their minds in safety.

What do you mean by listening and supporting; how does it work in action? I can listen to people's problems without giving advice to achieve non-attachment, and without telling them to smile more often. I do not open my mouth at all, if I sense that people already know what they must do, as it is pointless to tell them what they already know. They are just venting emotion, and there is nothing for me to say. But if people are lost, I think it is good to lead them closer to an objective view of their situation. For example, if someone sees themselves as a victim, with no awareness of their biases and the irrationality of their thoughts, they might just have to be reminded that the world has no feelings, and it doesn't care about them. You can make them hear thoughts conductive to full self-acceptance: "You are being irrational, and it doesn't mean anything is wrong in you or anything external either. It is just your current state of mind, which is not under your control. Everything is okay, and your fears and anxieties are understandable and natural. Your thoughts and feelings do not define you, and past actions - although leaving their mark - are not real anymore, and wounds can be healed. You can learn, and you'll never fall below the ground. You have the power to affect things." I imagine that's better than what their parents might've told them, usually something concerned with the physical world and all things superficial: "Stop crying boy or I'll hit you!!11"

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote