Arguing Style Test

Lurker

Has nothing to destroy
Retired Staff
May 23, 2008
MBTI
Enneagram
Arguing Style Test

This test is designed to evaluate the arguing style you use when you fight with the people you care about. Arguing is an indication of wanting to communicate something, usually something close to one's heart. While many issues can be resolved through peaceful discussion, other conflicts can provoke anger, defensiveness, resentment and other strong emotions. Thankfully, everyone can learn how to communicate and solve conflicts efficiently in order to achieve mutual understanding, fulfillment and deep intimacy. Please examine the following statements and indicate how well they describe you, how often you feel that way, or to what degree you agree with the statement.

After finishing the test, you will receive a Snapshot Report with an introduction, a graph and a personalized interpretation for one of your test scores.

Part of my results:

Positive fighting tactics
You often engage in arguing behaviors that can help end a fight quickly and satisfactorily for both parties. This might keep fights from being drawn out longer than necessary because you can generally avoid misunderstandings. By listening carefully, looking for solutions and apologizing, you are able to communicate effectively with your partner. These tactics serve to reassure your partner that you’re working together towards a common goal. Couples who rely on positive tactics when fighting improve their overall satisfaction with their relationship and are more likely to stay together.

I had to answer all of these questions hypothetically, cause I don't fight. :p

I got 100.

You tend to engage in arguing behaviors that can help end a fight quickly and satisfactorily for both parties. This probably keeps fights from being drawn out longer than necessary because you can avoid misunderstandings. By listening carefully, looking for solutions and apologizing, you are able to communicate effectively with your partner. These tactics serve to reassure your partner that you’re working together towards a common goal. Couples who rely on positive tactics when fighting improve their overall satisfaction with their relationship and are more likely to stay together. Way to go!

My argument style, told in pictures:

Kill%20it%20With%20Fire%20Aliens.jpg

attaqsrg.jpg

lollerskates-small.gif

lolcats-funny-pictures-leroy-jenkins.jpg

Glomp.jpg

I never fought anyone before. Argue, yes. Fight, no. Nonetheless, I scored 85.

You tend to engage in arguing behaviors that can help end a fight quickly and satisfactorily for both parties. This probably keeps fights from being drawn out longer than necessary because you can avoid misunderstandings. By listening carefully, looking for solutions and apologizing, you are able to communicate effectively with your partner. These tactics serve to reassure your partner that you’re working together towards a common goal. Couples who rely on positive tactics when fighting improve their overall satisfaction with their relationship and are more likely to stay together. Way to go!

69 but I found taking the test from my experience didn't account for a partner that has mental health issues. We couldn't have a fair fight as much as I wanted to discuss difference calmly. I'd call for time out but wasn't given space until she was satisfied her point was heard and conversely if I wanted to talk and she didn't she would just shut down all communication. Another words it takes two to have a good arguing style within a relationship.

69 but I found taking the test from my experience didn't account for a partner that has mental health issues. We couldn't have a fair fight as much as I wanted to discuss difference calmly. I'd call for time out but wasn't given space until she was satisfied her point was heard and conversely if I wanted to talk and she didn't she would just shut down all communication. Another words it takes two to have a good arguing style within a relationship.

Yah, I'll freely admit this test is crap, it does take two.

Sometimes I link in crap, sorry :D

Awesome! My sis does that, she'll be adamantly disagreeing on some point, someone will start trying to logic-ise the conversation and all of a sudden she’ll back flip and agree with everything said, if I throw in something random and ridicules at that point and she willingly agrees I know she’s blocking her ears and laughing at everyone on the inside :D

Positive fighting tactics- 89.

You often engage in arguing behaviors that can help end a fight quickly and satisfactorily for both parties. This might keep fights from being drawn out longer than necessary because you can generally avoid misunderstandings. By listening carefully, looking for solutions and apologizing, you are able to communicate effectively with your partner. These tactics serve to reassure your partner that you

Snapshot Report
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
graph_arrow.gif
spacer.gif
graph_slider_general.gif
You tend to engage in arguing behaviors that can help end a fight quickly and satisfactorily for both parties. This probably keeps fights from being drawn out longer than necessary because you can avoid misunderstandings. By listening carefully, looking for solutions and apologizing, you are able to communicate effectively with your partner. These tactics serve to reassure your partner that you