Are you single??? or not??? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are you single??? or not???

I just went through this with myself.

I've found a girl who I can trust to reciprocate my extremely raw but honest, genuine love. I'm an INFJ and she's an ISFP. We're both terrible at small talk, but extremely capable of showing each other our love in our own way. The understanding of that uniqueness is the strength in our relationship.

Your introversion is your strength. Some people want a quiet partner, or a logical partner. I know I didn't want to date someone who's a social blossom, because I myself prefer to a great extent the 1v1 situation or my alone time.
You just have to be confident in yourself with who you are. That confidence will carry on and allow whomever your partner is to trust that who they think you are won't change. If they fall in love with that, they fall in love with you, and something you're not.

As for waiting till you're done you're degree. I'm in my third year of geomatics engineering, and I hadn't expected to meet someone to date. This is because we don't usually spend time in the hub of the extrovert (pubs, bars, clubs) so our opportunity to meet people is limited to basically school or the internet (unless you're really that keen on dating an extrovert, though your attraction to the nerd girl would already make this moot). You need to find someone who wants an introvert as their partner and has similar interests with you (or else you'll never converse. I know that if I dated someone who didnt' have some similar interests with me, I'd never talk to them. Great relationship? =))

I'm not saying you have to get a girlfriend, but right now you can practice wooing introverted girls, without having to worry about being some "player". I think a lot of girls find that unattractive.

Are you single or not???
-I am taken

Do you plan on dating soon??
-N/A

Do any of you go through these issues with dating?
-Yes. The dating is the testing ground of compatibility.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz)
-Not even in a bookstore. I in general hate small talk and inefficient, non-progressing things like that. My friends know I will uprightly say no to going out if I want to play WoW. LOL

But don't you want a hubby? Or a wifey?

>__<

My position on marriage is as follows.

The definition of "Marriage" from the Encyclopedia of "Slant Defines it all"

mar-riage [mar-ij]
noun
1. an industry for the religious
antonyms: common sense

Examples of MARRIAGE

The Defense Of Marriage Act
Britney Spears and Jason Allen Alexander

"By law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage." Romans 7:2, NIV

"In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News."
1 Peter 3:1-5, 7

Are you single or not??? Taken for several years now.

Do you plan on dating soon?? Nope

Do any of you go through these issues with dating? I dont have a problem with small talk, I have a problem with running out of things to say.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz) I suppose. I prefer to date people I meet through other people. I like to know that my s/o will get along w my friends.

Are you single or not?

Single and not looking at the moment.

Do you plan on dating soon?

I don't think so, unless they have the same schedule, responsiblities and obligations as I do, I really doubt I have much time to full on date right now.

I don't like small talk either. Our conversations don't have to be deep and profound all the time, but they do have to be about somethings of interest, otherwise I get exhausted and bored pretty quickly. I can't do the playful, clever joke-cracking all the time either, it's good for ice-breaking at the beginning, but it doesn't further the relationship or establish a connection at all.

Another thing is I am someone with thick defenses. I am not willing to share or open up so quickly, so I come off reserved and detached sometimes. I will observe how they behave in different settings, for a very long time before I say I am committed in a relationship them and trust them.

It did ruin a couple of opportunities, but it's not something I am ready to change just yet or even think I should change.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?

Not really, no. I don't feel awkward when I am approached either, unless they're feeling all awkward because then I wouldn't know what to do with them. I am not good at making people feel comfortable. lol

I didn't read everything. I just read the forum topic so that being said... I am not single. I am living with my GF of a year and a half and friend of many years previous. It's a struggle at times but someone tell me that they are in a committed relationship that isn't work!

[MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION]

I don't really care for it, either.

Are you single or not???

Happily single.

I'd prefer to remain unmarried for quite a while; companions and strong friendship are more important to me than a significant other. I wonder: does marriage eventually compress into just deep friendship and care/love?

Not particularly. I watch and wait, moving when it seems best.

In-person is usually a little more difficult, but "vessels" like letters, notes, email, etc. are wonderful for this (and clarity of thought, which I lack in person).

I'm single, but I'm picky, I guess it's just been from the problems I've encountered in some relationships. the tragic thing of it is that I like the woman to be the pursuer. when I was younger it was the other way around.

In between single and in relationship. Don't know what to do! Where i am! Do i really love a woman(that woman)? :)

I'd prefer to remain unmarried for quite a while; companions and strong friendship are more important to me than a significant other. I wonder: does marriage eventually compress into just deep friendship and care/love?

According to my Developmental Psych class/textbook, yes...and I kind of got the impression that it is supposed to work that way. If I remember correctly, they called it companionate love.

Reactions: Radiantshadow
Are you single or not???

-Single, but it's something I don't mind. In some ways it is a time-saver.

-It's really hard to plan something like that. If I met the right person, then yes. There is a certain age where I want to solely be dedicated to my work, though. When that time comes I would probably dismiss it. Until then, it is up for consideration.

-Introversion, yes.

-I never approach the other person, ever.

In between single and in relationship. Don't know what to do! Where i am! Do i really love a woman(that woman)? :)

Why do all the ENFPs like stuffed animal avatars? :p

Off topic

[MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION]

The context of the scripture given in your quote were written in the time of a gender biased culture, much of it was directed more towards the protection of married women and their integrity within the Jewish and Christian community. The only individuals that enforce these teachings 'literally' in today's era without consideration of this fact, are Christian fundamentalists. Though in that note, the bible also states that a husband is to follow the example of Christ, to put his wife before himself; to care, protect and lead (be a humble example) his wife. Likewise a wife is called to respect this and not violate her husband's position (this doesn't imply being a doormat, but rather not beating up on her husband and demanding for the unreasonable). The result, when these points are acknowledged, is a healthy marriage within the Christian faith.

i do love being in a realationships but cant stand jealous women or them trying to hold me down and control me im single and i mostly like being alone i find it hard to go up to women and talk to them i can be surrounded by fire and do what i need to do but talking to a pretty women scares the hell out of me go figure