d) intimidating

e) likeable

f) despised

g) popular

h) a formidable presence

Yes we are

I'm pretty sure we're all of those things. Except for g) :m025:

... in place of 'popular'.

I agree with the list. However we are popular in that many different types find us "really interesting" and as such we garner more attention as a group, which could be interpreted as "popular"

Every INFJ has to learn how to utilize their exceptional abilities. It's an uphill battle most of the time but that's why we're awesome!

We are like the X-men of the types.

I think we're all but popular. Most people don't get along with us very well..

Every INFJ has to learn how to utilize their exceptional abilities. It's an uphill battle most of the time but that's why we're awesome!

We are like the X-men of the types.

I don't think the x-men fight crime by typing long in depth posts on forums to the bad guys!

I don't think the x-men fight crime by typing long in depth posts on forums to the bad guys!

Nooo, I mean the whole point of the x-men is that it's a metaphor for social outcasting. Because of their inherent genetic mutations, they are misunderstood and even feared.

I agree with the list. However we are popular in that many different types find us "really interesting" and as such we garner more attention as a group, which could be interpreted as "popular"
Yeah, I'd agree with this.

Nooo, I mean the whole point of the x-men is that it's a metaphor for social outcasting. Because of their inherent genetic mutations, they are misunderstood and even feared.

as with 90% of my posts i was joking, misunderstood yes! feared?

Please expand. Are we:

a) charismatic/ charming

b) leaders

c) loners

d) intimidating

e) likeable

f) despised

g) popular

h) a formidable presence

i) all of the above.

We're different things to different people. There's no holistic, "INFJ experience" that everyone is subject to. One person might be annoyed by the INFJ tendency to try help and accomodate others and see the INFJ as a 'doormat'. Another person might find that endearing and label call them a 'hero.' Trying to carve an identity by how we're received by others (popular, despised, intimidating, formidable presence, etc.) is only going to set us up for a lot of frustration.

I personally would say we're every single one of those things on that list. But there's one thing I'd add that I find universal in myself and all my fellow INFJ's: The need to be re-assured.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54192&#cmy
Popular certainly belongs to the list but it's a bit harder to achieve. That's because the standard definition of it does not appeal and we tend to redefine it with our own creative and idealistic ways.

Heck even the king of pop himself was rumored to be INFJ.

Please expand. Are we:

a) charismatic/ charming: if you'd talk then sometimes

b) leaders: rarely

c) loners: mostly

d) intimidating: never

e) likeable: mostly

f) despised: probably

g) popular: no

h) a formidable presence: hardly