Are we "owed" a partner? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are we "owed" a partner?

I suggest you to Google incels and read some of the sick shit they post before you draw your "blade of justice" and walk into the fray. @Madgirl143

Lol I guess having a different opinion is frowned upon these days. I actually looked through the internet and quite frankly I really do not have enough energy to hate on silly things anymore. Everyone has their own way of getting attention for whatever they stand for, just because they want to belong. I watched a documentary about white supremacists, and some individuals in the groups were only there because they wanted to feel part of something. It's not right to be a killer, racist or misogynist, but how can we prevent people from being like that? Wouldn't it be better to find solutions instead of adding to the fire? And if they don't want to be helped, I guess it makes alright to curse at them and berate them.

And that, Nixie, is how the "blade of justice" is drawn. :engarde:

Reactions: Reason and Icedream
It's not just about not being able to get a date. A lot of people struggle with this but don't blame others for it. Even the term involuntary celibate places blame on someone else for their needs not being met. Which implies that they are entitled to sex and with that, comes a dehumanizing attitude toward women.

Lawd yes, a thousand times this.

Always the need to point the blame for their situation externally, never taking a good look in the mirror and saying "what can I do to change this situation."

How long have you all been on the internet? Don't you realized that the vocal ones are almost always idiots? The bottom line is that you are making a vast judgement based on the few examples you have seen. Even if every last "Incel" was a bad apple, I'd still rebuke you for making such a fallacious judgement.

Reactions: Gaze
How long have you all been on the internet?

Since before you were born. Sigh. :disappointed:

Don't you realized that the vocal ones are almost always idiots? The bottom line is that you are making a vast judgement based on the few examples you have seen. Even if every last "Incel" was a bad apple, I'd still rebuke you for making such a fallacious judgement.

Personally I am condemning those idiots, because they do have a voice and it can be persuasive to certain audiences. Toxic opinions tend to spread like cancer if left unchecked.

Of course there are people out there who through no fault of their own have extreme or difficult circumstances that make finding a partner a challenge. I sympathize with them, but I also maintain that even the most pure and good among them aren't owed anything.

Since before you were born. Sigh. :disappointed:
That was rhetorical

Personally I am condemning those idiots, because they do have a voice and it can be persuasive to certain audiences.
Don't you realized that the vocal ones are almost always idiots?

Toxic opinions tend to spread like cancer if left unchecked.
Agreed.

Of course there are people out there who through no fault of their own have extreme or difficult circumstances that make finding a partner a challenge. I sympathize with them, but I also maintain that even the most pure and good among them aren't owed anything.
That's perfectly fine, I didn't say anything about that.

Are we owed a partner?
That's a solid no. While I empathize with people who want a partner and have difficulty finding one, that cannot in any shape or form lead to the idea that people are owed a partner. That takes away the fundamental right of people's autonomy, their right to choose; to say no.
(And also, that wouldn't be much of a partnership at all, would it? (Implied in 'partnership' is equality, before someone barks at me.) If one person is 'owed' a partner, then the other person is .. the 'owee' :D))

Now, I do not know these 'Incels', nor do I care to know them, so see my opinion as an answer to the question in general and not in relation to these Incels specifically.

Even the term involuntary celibate places blame on someone else for their needs not being met.
Does it? It is an accurate description, they're celibate but they don't want to be. "Involuntarily Celibate" sums it up perfectly.

Also I don't mean to ruin the seriousness of the conversation but shouldn't we work out some exchange program to put Incels together with crazy cat ladies or whatever the female equivalent would be?

Does it? It is an accurate description, they're celibate but they don't want to be. "Involuntarily Celibate" sums it up perfectly.

Also I don't mean to ruin the seriousness of the conversation but shouldn't we work out some exchange program to put Incels together with crazy cat ladies or whatever the female equivalent would be?
Reason, darling, think of the fitness of the species! Are you sure this is a good idea? :D

That takes away the fundamental right of people's autonomy, their right to choose; to say no.

This gives me a hilarious visual. Something along these lines:

smash-bros-villager-meme-coming-home-with-me.jpg

LOL Wyote. Thank you, you gave me an idea.

This a public service announcement: In the dating world, when we speak of "He/she is a real catch", "Reel him/her in", "There are plenty more fish in the sea", etc, THOSE ARE METAPHORS YOU DIMWITS. You are not supposed to take it literally. Thank you for your cooperation.

I see. People just keep going to the wrong castle. Welp we've solved the mysteries of this thread. Moving on.