Are Non-INFJs Still Welcome Here? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are Non-INFJs Still Welcome Here?

Are non INFJs still welcome here?

• Total voters
NO. I'm calling for a total and complete shutdown of non-INFJs entering the INFJs forum, except for me, until our site's representatives can figure out what is going on.
I'm having trouble imagining what on earth everyone would discuss if there were only INFJs here.... I'm guessing there would be a lot of blogs, and a lot of emotional advice threads.

Reactions: Rcs6r
Interesting OP.

On the one hand, excluding non-INFJs would seem to defeat the purpose that MBTI was created for: effect communication among the different types as well as within one's own, as not all people of one type always communicate well with each other. I think that you in particular, @Flavus Aquila, bring a lot of good insights to the forum, so to exclude just you would be a loss to the wealth this forum has to offer.

On the other hand, excluding non-INFJs would rid the forum of a couple of people I wouldn't miss at all. That's my Fe expressing itself. But I prefer to override my Fe with my Ti, choosing the greater good of remaining all inclusive and seeing what I can learn, even from those particular people.

I had to change my ways for y'all honkies to accept me. I was assimilated! I did this all for you.
Even if the nature of the sacrifice isn't recognised, the fruits of that sacrifice are appreciated. Anyhow, the days when you were a pariah here are ancient history in terms of effective affect. I think your thoughts would be as safe as your feels here and now.

Why is it off-putting Flavus? Cordiality leads to civility, does it not?
It's off putting because it's a shock that people think in those terms. As a Te user, I'll raise opinions I have issues with, but Fe users are often raising personal hatred. To me that is neither civil nor cordial, but casts the dark shadow of dark thoughts over things.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
casts the dark shadow of dark thoughts over things.

Image.ashx

It's off putting because it's a shock that people think in those terms. As a Te user, I'll raise opinions I have issues with, but Fe users are often raising personal hatred. To me that is neither civil nor cordial, but casts the dark shadow of dark thoughts over things.

Can you elaborate on this "dark shadow of dark thoughts?" Do you feel threatened?

Perhaps the constant use of the word "hate" by Fe users about non-Fe users is off-putting.

I really don't see Fe users as constantly using the word hate. In my view it's the actual expression of hated in thought and deed, that is more troubling. Those who wish to impose their views and will on others and are dishonest and underhand in doing so.

Since this is an infj forum, it's a poor place to try to do that. Whilst I truly hope all mbti types feel welcome, if I go to a Jazz club I'm not shocked by hearing Jazz music. I wouldn't expect them to play indie rock, or classical music because I prefer it.

I think all types are welcome on here but it is probably normal that INFJs will agree with each other more than with other types, which may appear sometimes like they are banding together against other types (not commenting on any particular situation, just in general).

It makes it livelier on here with other types and I think we have a lot to learn from each other. However, if I'm perfectly honest, sometimes some threads feel like they need more Fe. It can wear an INFJ down to see lots of negative comments and insults. I know I like a good debate, but I prefer when it is done civilly.

I really don't see Fe users as constantly using the word hate. In my view it's the actual expression of hated in thought and deed, that is more troubling. Those who wish to impose their views and will on others and are dishonest and underhand in doing so.

Since this is an infj forum, it's a poor place to try to do that. Whilst I truly hope all mbti types feel welcome, if I go to a Jazz club I'm not shocked by hearing Jazz music. I wouldn't expect them to play indie rock, or classical music because I prefer it.
Now "dishonest and underhanded" are thrown around as well?

What a welcoming and cheerful place....
...So, when is genocide, murder, and exploitation going to be rolled out? Soon, if I keep showing signs of discomfort, I'm guessing.

Can you elaborate on this "dark shadow of dark thoughts?" Do you feel threatened?
It's a mental surprise and recoil when someone casts a nasty light on something which is just nice/neutral in a run of the mill kind of way.

Example:
* You're planning a relative's funeral and ask if it should be an open casket, so people can make their goodbyes. I'd be highly uncomfortable if someone said something about "there being necrophiliacs out there." It casts a dark shadow over things.

Similarly, it's highly off putting the way people bandy about terms like "hatred", "underhanded" and other stuff on a social forum. It casts a repellent shadow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinny
If I tick the box INFJ, non-INFJ welcome, do I still reserve the right to kick Flavus's ass out of here if he gets out of hand?

Reactions: Free and James
As long as my ass is in hand: Poops in your hand.

...Right that's it Flavus!

Ah, funnily enough I couldn't find a picture of a human attacking an eagle, but I did find...this handsome pair...

d2b72f980ca7db477412ff170413e97d.jpg

....A claw shake

images4GNEUOSW.jpg

.....A man and an ape on a bike.

imagesPNYSA0HD.jpg

...And an eagle wearing head gear.

imagesWG8LDCKS.jpg

Last edited:
"Thrown around" ? For someone who describes themselves as a sociopath and having no emotions, you seem surprisingly sensitive.

Perhaps you are not a sociopath, and do have emotions ? When you described Fe users as constantly using the word "hate" you do realise that's an unpleasant and inaccurate thing to say and applies to every infj on this forum ?

I don't hate you Flavus, I just don't agree with you. That's a different thing. I stand by my comments, as I absolutely find someone's actions to be a better guide to their character, than the words they may use.

I wish you well.
It's interesting, that you're resorting to making personal comments, and insulting my discomfort with people casually implying serious ethical delinquency in others. If making me out to be an absurd emotional caricature for your amusement is something you're at ease with, I'll insist that I do not welcome it.

I said that I'm uncomfortable with the constant use of the word "hate" (by Fe users). How you twist that into implying that I was saying the all Fe users are saying "hate" is your own creative work.

If you think that you can access someone's character online, irrespective of their words, that's just so foreign to what I consider objectivity, that I can't do anything but gape in incredulity.

Last edited: