Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Are non-INFJs still welcome here?
(Can other types be welcomed, if they don't think, speak and act exactly like an INFJ)?

Asking because there's been a number of INFJ members sending conflicting messages recently.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
(Can other types be welcomed, if they don't think, speak and act exactly like an INFJ)?

Asking because there's been a number of INFJ members sending conflicting messages recently.

I think that would be me. Sorry, everyone. I poked the bear. Of course, you are welcome and wanted here but don't be surprised when I react if you post things that are meant to manipulate us (snuggle bunny?) just to see if you can get a certain reaction from us feelers out of boredom. I accept you as you are, even if I don't agree with you.

No hard feelings?

*shakes hands with eagle talons

I think that would be me. Sorry, everyone. I poked the bear. Of course, you are welcome and wanted here but don't be surprised when I react if you post things that are meant to manipulate us (snuggle bunny?) just to see if you can get a certain reaction from us feelers out of boredom. I accept you as you are, even if I don't agree with you.

No hard feelings?

It wasn't you. There's three very explicit members, plus a group which likes those explicit posts.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
They must be in an area I avoid. Perhaps it's because you enjoy arguing? We INFJs tend to strive for harmony, as you know.
I don't know about liking arguing per se... it's more about not liking nonsense objections. If someone makes a good point, I'll agree. If I make a good point and someone disagrees, that's fine as well. However, when someone makes a nonsense objection, I reply.

Yes absolutely all MBTI types are welcome here, it's been said many times. We all benefit from having a wide diverse cross section of people. No one has to behave exactly as an INFJ (how would anyone be able to assess that in any case?) but the forum has a certain vibe or culture, and some rules. Most people seem to have very little problem with them, people post here because they enjoy it and find it interesting. I guess if they didn't they'd find another forum.

I've noticed a particular person making negative comments about this not being an exclusive INFJ forum. I didn't expect him to be anti-INFJ.

I also suspect that INFJs harbor resentment that they do not feel they can kick the non-INFJs due to some F hangup they have.

Sometimes a "like" is also meant as a statement of empathy for the person who expresses a particular opinion,
it's showing a sympathy with their sentiment if you like, rather than being a 'political' statement about taking sides.
I think overall everyone is pretty tolerant here, and the occasional swipe is sometimes, in the context of wind-ups and flogging of dead horses, understandable.

I've noticed a particular person making negative comments about this not being an exclusive INFJ forum. I didn't expect him to be anti-INFJ.

I also suspect that INFJs harbor resentment that they do not feel they can kick the non-INFJs due to some F hangup they have.

I'm sorry to read that. If you PM the details I will check that out if you wish. As INFJ seem to be the majority of staff etc I think if that was what was wanted, they'd do it. I have never once heard that from any staff member, in fact always the complete opposite. For me personally if that was done, I'd probably be unlikely to stay on here.

INFJ maybe private types but I can assure they like to 'mingle' with all different types, and take onboard others perceptions and views. We are as a type deeply interested in people generally. There are many non INFJ members here. The more the merrier.

I'm sorry to read that. If you PM the details I will check that out if you wish. As INFJ seem to be the majority of staff etc I think if that was what was wanted, they'd do it. I have never once heard that from any staff member, in fact always the complete opposite. For me personally if that was done, I'd probably be unlikely to stay on here.

INFJ maybe private types but I can assure they like to 'mingle' with all different types, and take onboard others perceptions and views. We are as a type deeply interested in people generally. There are many non INFJ members here. The more the merrier.

No, I would not like to out this person as I think he has the best of intentions and was caught ranting a hopefully momentary feeling he had. If it were to continue then '' let you know thanks.

My lengthier thoughts on this, because I'm way too #Lazy to type it all out again.

Anyone of any type is free to post here. I'm trying to even begin explaining why that is, but I'm a bit floored, because I shouldn't have to in the first place. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - anyone of any type can be a great human being, and anyone of any type can be an awful human being. It's ignorant and far too simplistic to think that someone has more of a right to be here just because of the letters MBTI has applied to them. People are more than their type. You are more than your type. We exist in a dynamic world full of widely differing human beings, and that is a beautiful thing. The thought of a place where only people similar to you are allowed, I find a bit abhorrent. That is static, boring, so terribly limiting and a deterrent to actually being able to grow as a human being. Perhaps that's because I actually enjoy diversity.

People are allowed to disagree with you. What's the point of a discussion if everyone's just agreeing with everyone and patting themselves on the back? That's not a discussion, that's an echo chamber. If you disagree with someone, then respectfully disagree with them, and explain why. Your words will have no power to change someone's mind and make a difference in the world, if you don't attempt to do otherwise. I mean no ill will by this, these are just my thoughts, and me respectfully disagreeing with you.

I'm not sure where this intolerance for people different from you is coming from, but...

View attachment 31224

There are many good people here, many of whom are not INFJs. Being an INFJ doesn't make you any better or more worthwhile company than anyone else. I'm sorry that you've had a negative experience, and I recognize that there can be conflict here, but this isn't some utopia where things are perfect all the time. We're just a little slice of the world, almost like a weird, dysfunctional family that makes things somehow work in the end. I love that the membership base here is so diverse. I wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps if you're looking for somewhere exclusively for INFJs, this forum might not be a good fit for you. Many people on this forum genuinely care about each other, support each other through rough times, say beautiful things I feel grateful I was able to hear, are beautiful people I feel infinitely grateful just to have gotten to know them. There are good things here, but if you go in with certain expectations in mind, they may not be met.

No hard feelings?

When I read over the thread: https://www.infjs.com/threads/qualifications-for-being-a-snuggle-bunny.33167/ its like you are remembering a totally different thread.

Reactions: James and Gaze
I remember there was an anti-INFP and anti other type vibe here at one time, that made it toxic to be here. But after a while, that went away, and people learned to appreciate each other more beyond type. If this continued, I would not be here. So, I appreciate that things have changed, and that we are more tolerant of all types. Any anti non-infj sentiment should not be stated and should be squashed. As @hush said, we will have disagreements with each other, but we need to learn to engage with each other as a community without fighting each other. Understand there will be differences, but those differences are not ones of inferiority or inadequacy. Wanting everyone to feel or think like us destroys individuality. We all could learn to appreciate each other more and quit insulting, attacking, or demeaning each other. Let the egos go, and just learn to value each other's contribution. *end speech . . . waits for applause . . . hears crickets instead :D*

I remember there was an anti-INFP and anti other type vibe here at one time, that made it toxic to be here. But after a while, that went away, and people learned to appreciate each other more beyond type. If this continued, I would not be here. So, I appreciate that things have changed, and that we are more tolerant of all types. Any anti non-infj sentiment should not be stated and should be squashed. As @hush said, we will have disagreements with each other, but we need to learn to engage with each other as a community without fighting each other. Understand there will be differences, but those differences are not ones of inferiority or inadequacy. Wanting everyone to feel or think like us destroys individuality. We all could learn to appreciate each other more and quit insulting, attacking, or demeaning each other. Let the egos go, and just learn to value each other's contribution. *end speech . . . waits for applause . . . hears crickets instead :D*

:mclap::mclap::mclap:

:gettogether: