Are INFJ's really that rare? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJ's really that rare?

Piffle. Who needs to needlessly quote? The person I was talking to understood me, so their intuition was working just fine. I suggest you learn to Keep Up.

I knew when it came....it would come from that poxy little bear

[video=youtube;xXHkVvIrhIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHkVvIrhIE[/video]

I think your post here is silly. First of all, you are basically saying you think the Socionics system is faulty simply because it was built for a certain purpose. It doesn't guarantee that the content that was created is invalid, however; that's something you have yet to prove separate from it.

Secondly, you are a) suggesting that people in Eastern Europe look down upon highly sensitive men which implies that you think this view isn't also RAMPANT in most other societies, including modern North American society, and b) you are being presumptuous by bringing up the idea that LucyJr might have been inescapably, naively indoctrinated into this ~irrational evil eastern european machismo~ just from living in that part of the world, which by that virtue is framed as something that one would be unlikely to admit to even if it was the case. The way you come across in your post is ignorant and racist, in my opinion.

Btw @LucyJr , why do you think Winnie the Pooh is an INFJ?? LOL.
Because of why they changed the MBTI yes, in my opinion doesn’t just make it faulty…I would believe the opposite of what it says concerning INFJs…it was built to suppress and weed out possible “undesirables” from the society they were trying to create.
So while I don’t disagree that there is possible insight that can be gleaned from what Socionics offers, I also think it needs to be looked at with a grain of salt rather than believing it to be gospel. Socionics DOES view INFJs in a very poor, and IMO misrepresented way. Just as my statement that you took to be racist, Socionics does indeed view sensitive and introverted type men in a very negative light.
Part of how I know this to indeed be true and not me making assumptions is because I was married to (and still have to talk to a deal with because I love my step-son) a Russian woman…I spent a great deal of time in Russia as well (no she wasn’t mail order…lol) and grew to understand the Russian male “machismo” that is also prevalent throughout eastern Europe. In fact it was one of the main points of contention in the failed marriage…that I was too sensitive this and that…I should try to be more like a Russian man, etc. etc. And no, it wasn’t the failure of the marriage that makes me view Russians and the surrounding in a negative light, because I don’t…I love my Son and think the culture and the people are wonderful and interesting…I would love to go back someday just as I would love to visit LucyJr.. But it is true…and Lucy even confirmed it that there is an expectation that a man act in a certain way, by both men and women alike. It’s almost what I imagine the 1950s must have been like - sensitivity is not readily accepted as a manly way to behave.
Besides, Lucy is my friend and we debate on things like this all the time…I wasn’t attacking him…my statement of
That’s just your overinflated INFJ sense of being smarter and more intuitive than everyone else (according to you anyhow).
Was meant as a joke to him…sorry if I made you think otherwise.

Reactions: muir
Intersting...
Sure, I can keep up with mommy. I won't cry. I promise.

Intersting...
Sure, I can keep up with mommy. I won't cry. I promise.

Kung fu masters say that one should fight hard energies with soft and fight soft energies with hard

''Be water my friend''-Bruce Lee

A powerful master of the temple...watch him outmanouvre his testy interviewer:

[video=youtube;PI2lskWpZEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2lskWpZEQ[/video]

Reactions: Skarekrow
Kung fu masters say that one should fight hard energies with soft and fight soft energies with hard

''Be water my friend''-Bruce Lee

A powerful master of the temple:

[video=youtube;PI2lskWpZEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2lskWpZEQ[/video]

Interesting. Even more interesting is that Bruce Lee is a INFJ.

But why on earth would you quote me on that with "sot" and "hard" stuffs? it has anything to do with "mommy"?

But why on earth would you quote me on that with "sot" and "hard" stuffs? it has anything to do with "mommy"?

Yeah now compare Bruce Lee in his expressive articulate glory to that annoying like fuckwit of a bear...you see?

Winnie the pooh...an INFJ? No, no and thrice no....pooh bear has NO intensity

Concerning the hard v's soft energies thing....nixie is a strong woman....lots of fire

Which MBTI pro gave Bruce Lee the test to determine he is an INFJ?

Watch the clip i posted...he talks about constant growth...his art form although physical has a strong spritual and metaphysical element to it....he is a teacher who helps others express themselves and find their true self....he talks about authenticity, he talks about meaning, he prizes the truth above all, he's so intense he is practically in another dimension, he doesn't follow established orders but walks his own path and so on and so on....''the word 'star' is an illusion...it's something that the public calls you''

...then compare him to that wretched little bear...a plague on him

Last edited:

I know one INTP (a personal friend) who identify Bruce Lee as being INFJ. And myself. Also the guys from the cognitivetype.com (which are socionists) identify him as being INFJ.
There is the whole INFJ vibe to him.... His eyes are penetrative and hypnotic (strong Ni), watch the clip from 16:20, or when he says "Be water, my friend".

Watch the clip i posted...he talks about constant growth...his art form although physical has a strong spritual and metaphysical element to it....he is a teacher who helps others express themselves and find their true self....he talks about authenticity, he talks about meaning, he prizes the truth above all, he's so intense he is practically in another dimension, he doesn't follow established orders but walks his own path and so on and so on

...then compare him to that wretched little bear...a plague on him

So basically hes an infj because you like him.

Yeah now compare Bruce Lee in his expressive articulate glory to that annoying like fuckwit of a bear...you see?

Winnie the pooh...an INFJ? No, no and thrice no....pooh bear has NO intensity

Concerning the hard v's soft energies thing....nixie is a strong woman....lots of fire

I still think Winnie the Pooh has been created from one variety of INFJ, and I can't change that because I think its true. I've known INFJs, one of them pretty good, who acts like winnie the pooh. Note: not all INFJs are that smart...and intensive and intuitive; others have developed more "down to earth" capacities;

So I am the "soft" energy, and nixie is the "hard" one??? I think you are easily impressionable.

So basically hes an infj because you like him.

Perfect....next you will be saying that INFJ's don't exist at all...or like some you'll go in the other direction and say that they are very common and that pretty much everyone is an INFJ...

I've seen both approaches here and both are incorrect

I still think Winnie the Pooh has been created from one variety of INFJ, and I can't change that because I think its true. I've known INFJs, one of them pretty good, who acts like winnie the pooh. Note: not all INFJs are that smart...and intensive and intuitive; others have developed more "down to earth" capacities;

So I am the "soft" energy, and nixie is the "hard" one??? I think you are easily impressionable.

No to both comments

No winnie the pooh is not an INFJ....those people you know...if they are just like pooh bear...i hate to break this no doubt devestating news to you...but they are not INFJ's

Concerning your sparring match with Nixie i was recommending you to stay light on your feet cos she can pack a punch

No to both comments

No winnie the pooh is not an INFJ....those people you know...if they are just like pooh bear...i hate to break this no doubt devestating news to you...but they are not INFJ's
ok, but I still disagree with you. I know what I know! (i'm a crank)

Concerning your sparring match with Nixie i was recommending you to stay light on your feet cos she can pack a punch
I bet she can.

ok, but I still disagree with you. I know what I know! (i'm a crank)

I bet she can.

Fine...keep ducking and diving

But i feel no affinity with that dumb ass honey loving mutha fucka!

pooh+bear.jpg

I guess we will have to leave it at that

Reactions: LucyJr
In my opinion, wouldn’t any introverted type SEEM a bit more rare since introverted people are more likely to spend time by themselves? Lol
I was just thinking about this the other day because almost everyone I know is an extrovert.

INFJs are rare because they're a walking conundrum. We're Js but not really, sensitive but not really, rational but not really, introverted but not really... let's face it, natural selection was never going to favor such a flabbergasting bundle of paradoxes. :tonguewink:

Most importantly, INFJs are rare because most of them are INFPs

Reactions: Wyote and Ginny
INFJs are rare because they're a walking conundrum. We're Js but not really, sensitive but not really, rational but not really, introverted but not really... let's face it, natural selection was never going to favor such a flabbergasting bundle of paradoxes. :tonguewink:

Most importantly, INFJs are rare because most of them are INFPs
That, but not really. :p :D

Reactions: Wyote and Ren