Are INFJs lost in their 'fantasy world'? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs lost in their 'fantasy world'?

I know this is an old thread, but everytime when someone deals too much without a normal reason with another MBTI type, I start to think why. (Frank James in YouTube is an exception because he does a great job and also funny).

Ever since I've found out about MBTI and got to know I'm an INFJ, I never ever for a second cared about other types. Why? Why would I care about other types? I do care about how others work because I can understand how we are different, but dealing with another MBTI type makes no sense from this perspective either because you simply don't know the MBTI type of someone you meet.

Seriously who takes time from their lives to become a smartass about an another MBTI type?

Hi, I made this video. I don't think I am projecting all that much! All of my observations are behavior and patterns that I have directly observed from one of my closest INFJ friends. He was unhealthy at the time, so maybe the "modes" are a bit exaggerated (honestly if I were to re-do this video, I wouldn't include anything about "modes") and strictly my own interpretation, but I dont think they are my projection of what I feel and experience. Because I am not like that at all when I go about in my day. Anyway, I hastily wrote down my notes for that video and really wish I used more accurate examples rather than my own personal observations. However, I believe my observations give my videos an authentic feeling and makes them stand out from the countless other videos of people reading stuff from a website.

Seriously, do you have any idea about what projection is?

Someone who is projecting saying "I don't project" is like when O.J. Simpson said he is innoccent. Totally irrelevant, unimportant.

Also, why you need the urge to create videos about another MBTI type? Deal with yours, learn about yourself, and develop into your best version.

Reactions: Sandie33
Thinking on this today and wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to live in a dream world given how this year has played out thus far as let face it this world isn't a nice place right now. Would be nice to go to sleep one day then wake up in another body in another but far away place in another world as if this world was nothing more but a bad dream. Hope next year isn't too bad let alone worse as the social hell is draining.

Thinking on this today and wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to live in a dream world given how this year has played out thus far as let face it this world isn't a nice place right now. Would be nice to go to sleep one day then wake up in another body in another but far away place in another world as if this world was nothing more but a bad dream. Hope next year isn't too bad let alone worse as the social hell is draining.

Crisis is there in your life to make you grow. Fantasy land is for movie and video game creators.

I know this is an old thread, but everytime when someone deals too much without a normal reason with another MBTI type, I start to think why. (Frank James in YouTube is an exception because he does a great job and also funny).

Ever since I've found out about MBTI and got to know I'm an INFJ, I never ever for a second cared about other types. Why? Why would I care about other types? I do care about how others work because I can understand how we are different, but dealing with another MBTI type makes no sense from this perspective either because you simply don't know the MBTI type of someone you meet.

Seriously who takes time from their lives to become a smartass about an another MBTI type?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I simply have to respond to this.

I have never, not one time, been called a "smartass" by anyone who has watched my videos. Want to know why? Because that would be completely mis-reading who I am, completely misunderstanding the intentions behind my words, and simply being dead wrong about the point of my videos. Your statement is ridiculous, and it offends me deeply, because to be able to come to that conclusion, you did one of two things. You either:
1. Did not watch more than 30 seconds of my video
or
2. Watched it, ignored anything about it, then applied your own labels to who you think I am, Instead of using the information right in front of your face to create a picture of the person I present myself as.

To be honest, I don't know which option is worse.

It makes sense though, since your the type of person to say something like "I never ever for a second cared about other types. Why? Why would I care about other types?"

Those statements of yours are incredibly narcissistic. Also, you do not write like an INFJ, and you definitely don't act like one either. If your profile pic is you, you definitely don't look like an INFJ, nor do you dress like an INFJ. Hmmm.. So I think you may be mis-typed, but that's just a hunch of mine. A sixth sense, if you will.

Have a good one, bud.

Reactions: Ren
Ever since I've found out about MBTI and got to know I'm an INFJ, I never ever for a second cared about other types.

Good candidate for dumbest statement of the year!

Reactions: April and philostam

I have never, not one time, been called a "smartass" by anyone who has watched my videos. Want to know why? Because that would be completely mis-reading who I am, completely misunderstanding the intentions behind my words, and simply being dead wrong about the point of my videos. Your statement is ridiculous, and it offends me deeply, because to be able to come to that conclusion, you did one of two things. You either:
or
2. Watched it, ignored anything about it, then applied your own labels to who you think I am, Instead of using the information right in front of your face to create a picture of the person I present myself as.

It makes sense though, since your the type of person to say something like "I never ever for a second cared about other types. Why? Why would I care about other types?"

Those statements of yours are incredibly narcissistic. Also, you do not write like an INFJ, and you definitely don't act like one either. If your profile pic is you, you definitely don't look like an INFJ, nor do you dress like an INFJ. Hmmm.. So I think you may be mis-typed, but that's just a hunch of mine. A sixth sense, if you will.

Have a good one, bud.

Don't worry too much about comments of this kind. I think it would be beneficial to just brush them off.

I look forward to checking out your channel!

Last edited:
Reactions: acd and philostam

or

Have a good one, bud.

Narcissistic Jesus Christ boy, I lived with a narcissistic father for 20 years, so you are really going into a hellish argument with the worst possible person. You have zero idea about what NPD is and you are also not embarrassed to talk utter stupidity publicly.

Not wanting to learn about other MBTI types but mine is NARCISSISTIC? Man even if you would say it is egoistic I'd disagree. I use MBTI to grow and understand myself. I don't want to grow you or my mother or the store clerk, I want to grow me.

Learn what the word narcissism means. Narcissism is a developmental arrest before age 5. Those people don't have proper object constancy. That means they look at you, talk to you, but don't see you instead they see an avatar which is a projection of their inner world. Get me? They look at you, and talk to a fantasy character.

Learn what words mean before using them.

Seriously none of you INFPs here are embarrassed to come onto an INFJ forum and talk stuff like this? I understand that being ridiculously immature is legal but you take advantage of that freedom.

I have never, not one time, been called a "smartass" by anyone who has watched my videos. Want to know why?

I don't have to know the "why", but your use of words tells a lot about you. "Not one time been called a smartass". So you feel like as long as you are not called that you are not that. Typically how insecure people work. Anyway, "smartass" was just a word I used on MYSELF. You took it personally, want to know why? :)