Are INFJs lost in their 'fantasy world'? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs lost in their 'fantasy world'?

at least ur not INFPs

Laugh.gif
What do you mean?

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Hi, I made this video. I don't think I am projecting all that much! All of my observations are behavior and patterns that I have directly observed from one of my closest INFJ friends. He was unhealthy at the time, so maybe the "modes" are a bit exaggerated (honestly if I were to re-do this video, I wouldn't include anything about "modes") and strictly my own interpretation, but I dont think they are my projection of what I feel and experience. Because I am not like that at all when I go about in my day. Anyway, I hastily wrote down my notes for that video and really wish I used more accurate examples rather than my own personal observations. However, I believe my observations give my videos an authentic feeling and makes them stand out from the countless other videos of people reading stuff from a website.
Holy Shit! So u did came down here. Nice.
Bro u r INFP btw and not INTP. And you have inaccurate understanding of functions according to me (from whatever I watched in ur INFJ videos)

Last edited:
Holy Shit! So u did came down here. Nice.
Bro u r INFP btw and not INTP. And you have inaccurate understanding of functions according to me (from whatever I watched in ur INFJ videos)
Yes I am INFP, INTP is from my much older videos. Um, have you seen anything recent from me at all? I have a much better understanding of functions than I ever did in the past.

Reactions: AmeyT18
Hello my lovely people,

I just watched this video of a fellow INFP who shares his insights about INFJ:

As someone who is not a INFJ himself, I think he did a great job of analysing our behaviour.
But I have to say that the main thing that really caught my attention is his description of how INFJs are in danger of getting lost in their fantasy world and become completely detached from the real world.
And from my experience, I am absolutely guilty of that. I tend to socially withdrawn and when things get tough, I tend to get lost in my inner world of ideas and fantasies, hopes and dreams. But I reached a point in my life when I realised that if I want to have a happy life I really need to get outside of my shell and work on myself, go beyond my comfort zone and challenge my limiting beliefs about people and world.

Do you have similar tendencies? Or maybe you completely disagree with the statements made in this video?

I'd love to know what you think!
X
Yes, yes, YES!!!
This is one of my biggest problems!!!

Reactions: David54
They are, though INFPs probably even more so.

Reactions: JustPhil
Real INFJs are the most fantasy prone type along with ENFPs. The INFJ stereotypes are about mistyped ENFJs. Fi is about personal ethics that's all. Read up on EII if you want to know what a real INFP is like. The INFP stereotypes are about an INFJ and ENFP hybrid.

sharing too much too early - not being so guarded

This is interesting. So your guard was naturally open to people you newly meet? No masks? No shield? Even though you are an INFJ? Or it was more to show your genuinity in your intention to talk to them? Did you feel you made mistakes after that?