Anyone care to Type the Twilight characters? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone care to Type the Twilight characters?

They are suppose to melt in the sunlight.

I still like that theory about vamps.

Twilight (the movie) made me go into a tranquil state of mind.

The author? No idea. Nor do I care. I must say this: if she is an INFP I know INFPs who are much younger and much better writers.

Please keep in mind that type has nothing to do with intelligence or capacity other than to describe the 'flavor' of it. I have an INFP friend who is absolutely brilliant, and another who is well... not so much. The smartest person I know is an ENFP, with a documented 160+ IQ. Yet, I also know a pair of ENFPs I affectionately call the 'moron twins' (and they think it is funny).

Even among the INFJs here, you'll see a broad spectrum of IQ and capacity. The point to type is to examine how we use our minds, not how well. The author of the Twilight series doesn't strike me as being especially bright, but she's smart enough to strike a very lucrative nerve with her target market. If we judge intelligence and capacity by the affect it has on our bank account, I'm pretty sure she's got all of us beat.

The best part of that joke is that you felt you had to explain it. Hehe!

:m171: I love yous! I really doos! You get me.

No way is Jacob ENTp. Jacob= ESTp, edward= INFp, Bella= INFp

Only reason I watched that dumb movie was because my ISFj friend forced me to go, and I have a crush on her.
(SPOILER ALERT)

Jacob is the nice guy who protects her, and Edward just leaves her irresponsibly to fend for herself. Edward gets emo, cuz he thinks she got killed (unsurprising considering he left her defenseless) and tries to off himself, she saves him, and comes back and tells the BEST GUY IN THE WHOLE MOVIE (Jacob) to go screw himself. Such emotional responsibility on the woman's part. I'll just screw with his feelings and brutally bring him back to reality, then frolic off with Edward. Typical.:m160:

I tried to watch the first movie, I really tried. But when they buttfuck vampire lore by having vampires shine like diamonds in sunlight, then the fuck?

He says he is so ugly in sunlight, and then I was thinking to myself, yeees finally! But wtf, diamonds? I mean seriously he sparkles like diamonds, a girls best friend?

An obvious shit fest to win the hearts of midpubertal girls and bicurious boys,

I still have nightmares about it

images

I'm so ugly, I sparkle, like diamonds

_42433008_fans_ap_gall.jpg

OMG, NOO! He's so preeeetty!!11!

Last edited:
No way is Jacob ENTp. Jacob= ESTp, edward= INFp, Bella= INFp

Only reason I watched that dumb movie was because my ISFj friend forced me to go, and I have a crush on her.
(SPOILER ALERT)

Jacob is the nice guy who protects her, and Edward just leaves her irresponsibly to fend for herself. Edward gets emo, cuz he thinks she got killed (unsurprising considering he left her defenseless) and tries to off himself, she saves him, and comes back and tells the BEST GUY IN THE WHOLE MOVIE (Jacob) to go screw himself. Such emotional responsibility on the woman's part. I'll just screw with his feelings and brutally bring him back to reality, then frolic off with Edward. Typical.:m160:

I haven't seen it, nor do I want to. However, when I saw the ads for it I thought that Jacob was a nice guy.

Just a shame they show him as a pouting shirted off wanker who wants skin cancer.

Jacob is a manipulative ass.
And Edward and Bella are codependent, especially Bella. Also, she's annoying because she's really effing negative.
These are my very strong opinions on fictional characters.

He says he is so ugly in sunlight, and then I was thinking to myself, yeees finally! But wtf, diamonds? I mean seriously he sparkles like diamonds, a girls best friend?

images

I'm so ugly, I sparkle, like diamonds

lol!

Jacob is a manipulative ass.
And Edward and Bella are codependent, especially Bella. Also, she's annoying because she's really effing negative.
These are my very strong opinions on fictional characters.

How is he manipulative? Bella is the manipulative one. Also it's not merely the fictional characters that I have strong opinions on, it is the representation of a very basic pattern in real life.

Nice guy gets screwed, jerk gets girl...

Last edited:
How is he manipulative? Bella is the manipulative one. Also it's not merely the fictional characters that I have strong opinions on, it is the representation of a very basic pattern in real life.

errr im siding with Youhemmein on this one...sure Jake starts out nice, and with the first two books, I would be on team jacob...but...book three he totally brings out his manipulative side. Edward, while seemigly jerkish...is really not...Hes always let bella maker her choices, while she always chooses badly, he always respects her. If you ask me, the way edward is written is more INFJ, than any of the others. Especially if you read the leaked fifth book. Hes unsure of himself, lonely, and not very social. He is an idealist in thinking he could live with her as a human forever, and yet, so self doubting he fears he wont be able to. He sacrifices his happiness above all else.

Where as Jake...he just wants the girl...sure Jake loves her, Jakes there for her...But it seems to me Jake Is taking advantage of the whole broken heart thing. Especially considering what he does in book three...Hes desparate. its sad...

Yeah, gotta read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to really get the full story on how Jake is manipulative.

errr im siding with Youhemmein on this one...sure Jake starts out nice, and with the first two books, I would be on team jacob...but...book three he totally brings out his manipulative side. Edward, while seemigly jerkish...is really not...Hes always let bella maker her choices, while she always chooses badly, he always respects her. If you ask me, the way edward is written is more INFJ, than any of the others. Especially if you read the leaked fifth book. Hes unsure of himself, lonely, and not very social. He is an idealist in thinking he could live with her as a human forever, and yet, so self doubting he fears he wont be able to. He sacrifices his happiness above all else.

Where as Jake...he just wants the girl...sure Jake loves her, Jakes there for her...But it seems to me Jake Is taking advantage of the whole broken heart thing. Especially considering what he does in book three...Hes desparate. its sad...
^What she said.

Twilight.
The story of a young woman's choice to practice either bestiality or necrophilia.

Goddamnit shai, I was just about to post that :( How do you always beat me to it?!

I think the author is INFJ, and I have the same opinion about JK Rowling. Not INFP. The main argument is that INFJs are better at stirring social controversy, they boldly mix up famous cultural elements (which they have read about in allllll these books) with fiction-over-fiction; like for example, turning vampires to sparkle in daylight. I find this a common trait, shared with INTJs too - they read a lot, it gets all mixed up inside the Ni, and they end up with great, strange, attractive new theory, which is a little misleading, and yet, we all love it. Also watch interviews with the author and she looks quite like INFJs; if not, then more possible would be ENFJ, than INFP - she is very very confident and strong-willed.

And the same applies to Bella, who is way too rebellious and manipulative to be INFP; no, she doubts the intentions of others (Ti) and deeply cares for them (Fe), which causes her to plan in advance (J). She is also way too dynamic, always getting in physical troubles - seen often in typical INFJs - not in INFPs, who are a little slower and calmer.

Edward can't be typed, he is a literary monster - he doesn't exist. I'd say he gets the best out of INTJ, INTP, ENFP, ISTJ. The best superficial approximation with real life is INTJ, but sorry, even INTJs have some more flaws usually. He is way too defensive and weak, at way too many crucial moments, so he isn't Se enough; Bella is Se, he is Si. At the same time, you very rarely would find today a guy from the ENFP/ISTJ dichotomy, with that level of abilities. I'd say he is just a dream in the author's head. She threw in everything she ever dreamed of, like some Irish stew.

Jacob from the books is ESTP, in my mind, and the connection ESTP-INFJ works like best friends. He is more confident than he is distrustful, which means SeTi, not TiSe (istp). Overall, he is very needed counter-part to Bella, who is so physically awkward, but she is not fully satisfied with his shallowness.

Bella's father, Charlie, I think is ISTJ, which completes the picture. INFJ, INTJ/ENFP-hybrid, ESTP, ISTJ. You can find similar groups in many good stories, because many of the classical stories are written by INFJs. ^^

About the qualities of the author, sure, style is very flawed, but she is a passionate and sincere person. There's something special in how she creates the Bella character, before all, charming with all the fuss and unnecessary worries on small things. Bella is the only reason for me to keep reading, because from the very first page she strikes strong empathy within the reader. In almost every chapter there's a moment when I just want to hug her, lol.

p.s. about the movies: bella - isfp; jacob - istp; alice - esfp (and way hotter than bella!); carlisle - istp; etc - many S actors. the edward guy i think is enfp, trying hard to play it cool istj, well, good luck. he won't feel very good among all these natural S-types around. contrary to the story, he's like the only warm-blooded person there, being the only idealist; go figure. he stands out, as more human than the vampirish crowd, not bella, who blends in as one of them perfectly.

Last edited:
Also watch interviews with the author and she looks quite like INFJs

Seriously?

[YOUTUBE]x3_aCwVn0kU[/YOUTUBE]

All of her body language is INFP. She cuts her eyes upward, jumps all over the place, her entire focus is on how she feels about things, combined with that amazingly quick Ne thought process. There is no way this woman isn't an INFP.

J. K. Rowling however, I will concede after watching interviews. She's got classic INFJ body language.

[YOUTUBE]bm1kj2vayQw[/YOUTUBE]

Even though her writing style reminds me so much of my own, before I edit and wordsmith, it makes me ill... this interview shows that she uses almost the same exact creative process I do. And this really makes me want to kick myself in the ass for not being as successful as she is. I guess it also proves that she's an INFJ... Crap. Her story of getting the first book published is making me cry. Stupid Fe.